The location is close to the university, so the area is also extremely busy, the students here are very crowded. From tart, tofu to high-quality coffee shops is enough. You can dine in this area very conveniently.
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — What to do in Taipei for 3 days?
- Day trips out of Taipei — Top 8 best day trips from Taipei you definitely should not miss
- Where to shop in Taipei blog — 5 Cheap places to shop in Taipei & best shopping area in Taipei
- Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for first-timers
- Jiufen travel blog — Jiufen day trip from Taipei: How to spend 1 perfect day in Jiufen?
7. Learn about the history at the National Palace Museum
Also called Taipei Palace, the National Palace Museum will be the destination for those who care about history in general and Chinese history in particular. This place will not disappoint you with its 4 floors of exhibits and modern personal audio presentations. As you think you have to spend at least 2-3 hours. The price here is a little bit, about 12 dollars, but it is certainly reasonable investment when the ancient artifacts here are more than in the Forbidden City.
8. Eating in Shilin Night Market
Not far from Taipei is Shilin Night Market, so you can combine these two points together. The night market is a great choice. There are many shops selling souvenirs, cosmetics, pretty little items, and of course countless eateries. Now remember to eat a large chicken piece, two people can eat a full piece.
9. See the flag ceremony at National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall is another must-go destination in Taipei. If you arrive at 5:10 pm, you will be able to see the flag ceremony. There is robe exchange vigilance every hour, starting from 10 am to 4 pm. Do not forget to visit the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall in the inner area. The large museum, each exhibit has English comment. Those who have a good understanding of Taiwanese history will surely enjoy visiting this museum.
10. Visiting the Presidential Palace
It is very close to the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, so you can combine these two places together for a convenient visit. The Presidential Palace is located in Taipei, open for visitors. Remember to find on the website to see opening and closing time – because every day welcome visitors is different. Please bring your passport as well as read the requirements on the website because security here is quite rigid
11. Drink tea in Ximending
Renowned as the “Harajuku” of Taipei, Ximending is bustling with young people and tourists are always here to have fun, shopping. The night market, shopping centers, and fashion boutiques are the main attractions of Ximending.
But do you know that Ximending has the opposite angle in contrast to the busy atmosphere? This place was born in the Japanese colonial period, so it is easy to see Japanese culture in Ximending, especially in the tea shop in this area. Although tea prices are not cheap (18-19 dollars/ tea set) but if you are a fan of tea then you will not be disappointed with the service that this price brings.
12. Watch the sunset in Tamsui
Tamsui is the last stop of the red line MRT should be quite easy to go. Just steps away from the MRT station, you will find the harbor and the ancient town of Tamsui. The atmosphere is very bustling and cool. It’s easy to find a sunset spot and make 800 virtual live pictures.
After finishing sunset, you can get the market behind there, so there are many interesting snack bars. Strongly recommend this place to Chau Kiet Luan’s fans. There is also a secondary school where he has studied and is the location of the film “Secrets”. There is a restaurant he always used to visit in the past so that the restaurant is always set Chau Kiet Luan
The list is still just a list. I think that guidance, sharing experience will only help you in the preparation and planning the trip. The most important thing of the trip – experience – will be your own. With 12 things to do this, hope you get the most things of your Taipei experience.
- Yilan blog — The fullest Yilan travel guide for a budget trip from Taipei to Yilan, Taiwan.
- Visit Shiding Thousand Island Lake Taiwan — Explore the beautiful scenery of Taipei in one day.
- Must do in Taipei — Top 12 best places to visit & best things to do in Taipei.
- Visit Din Tai Fung Taipei Original (Din Tai Fung Xinyi) — Tasting the best dimsum at the best dimsum restaurant in the world.
- Taipei Kaohsiung itinerary — How to travel from Taipei to Kaohsiung?
- Day trips out of Taipei — Top 8 best day trips from Taipei you definitely should not miss.
- Taipei cafe — 5 most famous & best cafes in Taipei you must visit.
- Best cafe in Taipei — 7 most beautiful themed cafes in Taipei you must-visit.
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — What to do in Taipei for 3 days?
- Taiwan food blog: Taiwan must eat — Top 9 best foods you have to try in Taiwan.
- Taiwan street food blog — Top 10 Taiwan street foods you must-eat.
- Taiwan food trip — 24 hour culinary experience in Taiwan.
- Things to know before going to Taiwan — Top 15 best things to know before visiting Taiwan you have to know.
- Must eat food in Taipei — Top 24 best street food in Taipei & best places to eat them.
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei.
- What to do in Taipei at night — Top 8 best things to do in Taipei at night you definitely to try.
Do you want explore Taipei in a day? Refer to a tour: Explore Taipei City.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- Taipei: Yehliu Geopark, Jiufen, Shifen, and Golden Waterfall Day Tour
- EasyCard (TPE Airport Pick Up)
- Klook Pass Taipei (For international travelers)
- Taipei 101 Observatory Ticket
- Maokong Gondola Ticket
- Yeliou, Jinguashih, Juifen and Shihfen Join Day Tour
- Taipei Unlimited Fun Pass
- Taipei: Beitou and Yangmingshan One-Day Tour
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.