If you love the ancient charm, where traditional culture is fully preserved, here are the five cafes you should visit while traveling in Taipei. When you stopped at these cafes, you will not only enjoy the taste of delicious coffee, but they will bring the experience of music, film and bonsai, poetic scenery. Where are the coffee shops you should definitely going to when visiting Taipei? Let’s follow Living Nomads find these interesting addresses. Below these are top 5 famous & best cafes in Taipei.
- Best cafe in Taipei — 7 most beautiful themed cafes in Taipei you must-visit
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei
- Must eat food in Taipei — Top 24 best street food in Taipei & best places to eat them
- Taiwan food blog — 9+ traditional food in Taiwan & must try food in Taiwan
- Best coffee in Taipei — Top 6 best coffee shops in Taipei you definitely must visit
1. The Boan 84 Space
The first coffee shop to be introduced to you is The Boan 84, the cafe has 3 floors and each floor hides a very interesting thing. The Boan 84, formerly a refurbished hospital in modern style, but somewhere in this place still retains the utmost quietness, poetry and the oldest of Taipei City.
The entire space of the bar is covered with wood making a warm feeling when you stop here. At the first floor of the shop is the place which serves flavor, tasty and delicious coffees and typical cakes like cappuccino and carrot cake. Up to the 2nd floor, this is a place for those who love classical music with many CDs were displayed along the 4 corners and the orchestra amplifiers from decades ago are still saved here. More specifically, this is also the floor is a lot of art lovers choose to launch and showcase their collections.
Up to the 3rd floor of the cafe is the place to showcase and preserve the luxury and wealth of the former owner of this cafe. And if you are curious to discover how luxury is, then come here once!
The Boan 84 Space
Address: No. 84, Bao’an Street, Datong District, Taipei City, Taiwan 103
Opening Hours: 11AM–7:30PM
Phone: +886 2 2552 8836
Price range: Moderate ($$ – $$$)
2. Sugar Bistro
The cafe is located near the Dongmen subway station. It is known famous for drinks and pastries made directly from Cambodian jaggery sugar. The clarity sweetness from the food and drinks at this bar has made the brand features and identity of the shop. More specifically, the restaurant’s menu focuses on weight loss and healthy lifestyle so the ingredients used in the food or drinks are of organic origin.
Moreover, those who have visited this place were impressed by the warm fragrant of afternoon tea pots are irresistible appeal and smooth as melted in the mouth of typical cheese cake.
Address: No. 3, Lane 181, Section 2, Xinyi Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100
Opening Hours: 10:30AM–7:30PM
Phone: +886 2 2396 5965
Price range: Moderate ($-$$)
3. Elsewhere Cafe
Perhaps the name has somewhat suggested to you a completely different space when stopping at this cafe. Indeed, Elsewhere Cafe is also home to a variety of books, including picture books and comic humor books for literary enthusiasts. True to its name, “Living in another place” exhibits two completely different world. Coming to the bar, you will have to temporarily hang over the child elements toward the funny photo books and especially for adults only. It can be said that this unique point that makes Elsewhere Cafe becomes different with other cafes. With extremely lovely space and lively will certainly not let you down when arriving.
Address: No. 3, Lane 119, Section 1, Luosifu Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan 100
Opening Hours: 7:30AM–10PM
Phone: +886 2 3393 2018
Price range: NT$151-800
4. Fujin Tree 353 Cafe by Simple Kaffa
If you are a lover of quiet and want to escape into a relaxing space for work, study or spend time with your lover, this is the cafe for you. It is known that in the coffee shop there will be a small corner for the sale of flowers and dried flowers. For visitors those who look forward to finding romance, an afternoon tea with her lover is not as great as this lovely cafe.
See more Fujin Tree 353 Cafe by Simple Kaffa photos
Fujin Tree 353 Cafe by Simple Kaffa
Address: No. 353, Fujin Street, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 105
Opening Hours: 9am – 9pm (Mon – Sun)
Phone: +886 2 2749 5225
Price Range: $$ – $$$
5. Woolloomooloo Cafe
The last coffee shop in the Top 5 will ensure that you will also be satisfied. Woolloomooloo Cafe is a haven for busy commuters who work late or travelers wandering the old town who want to looking for a late-night break.
This is probably one of the cafes in Taipei are open until 12am. Variety of drinks and dishes including alcoholic beverages. The local people here call this place is where release stress for them. The reason they call this is because the feeling of poetic experience at this cafe makes them completely satisfied. After a tiring and exhausting work, there is nothing more interesting is eating a delicious meal, sipping a favorite drink from the high floor of the bar and watching the street at night? If you’ve set foot in the old town of Taipei , let’s try it once.
Address: No. 379, Section 4, Xinyi Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City, Taiwan 110
Opening Hours: Tue – Fri 11am – 6pm. Sat & Sun 10am – 6pm. (They close way too early at this location since their 2nd location opened)
Phone: +886 2 8789 0128
Price range: NT$151-800. Average Meal: NT$450
- Best coffee in Taipei — Top 5 best coffee shops in Taipei you definitely must visit.
- Taipei blog — The fullest Taipei travel guide blog for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.
- Yilan blog — The fullest Yilan travel guide for a budget trip from Taipei to Yilan, Taiwan.
- Visit Shiding Thousand Island Lake Taiwan — Explore the beautiful scenery of Taipei in one day.
- Must do in Taipei — Top 12 best places to visit & best things to do in Taipei.
- Visit Din Tai Fung Taipei Original (Din Tai Fung Xinyi) — Tasting the best dimsum at the best dimsum restaurant in the world.
- Taipei Kaohsiung itinerary — How to travel from Taipei to Kaohsiung?
- Day trips out of Taipei — Top 8 best day trips from Taipei you definitely should not miss.
- Taipei cafe — 5 most famous & best cafes in Taipei you must visit.
- Best cafe in Taipei — 7 most beautiful themed cafes in Taipei you must-visit.
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — What to do in Taipei for 3 days?
- Taiwan food blog: Taiwan must eat — Top 9 best foods you have to try in Taiwan.
- Taiwan street food blog — Top 10 Taiwan street foods you must-eat.
- Taiwan food trip — 24 hour culinary experience in Taiwan.
- Must buy souvenir in Taiwan — Top 17 most famous, cheap & best things to buy in Taiwan.
- Things to know before going to Taiwan — Top 15 best things to know before visiting Taiwan you have to know.
- Must eat food in Taipei — Top 24 best street food in Taipei & best places to eat them.
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.