Although the Taipei city enough power to keep you on a long vacation, you still have to take the trouble of “carrying your backpack and go” out the buildings, hard taxi People and motorbikes are crowded everywhere to experience other places in Taiwan. That is the reason why Living Nomads created the list of eight Taipei tourist attractions which many people can go on one day, coming from Taipei. Now, let’s discover best day trips from Taipei — 8 best places to visit near Taipei you definitely should not miss.
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — What to do in Taipei for 3 days?
- Must do in Taipei — Top 12 best places to visit & best things to do in Taipei
- Taipei itinerary 5 days — The suggested 5D4N Taipei itinerary & what to do in Taipei for 5 days perfectly?
- Best beef noodle in Taipei — 9 best beef noodle restaurants in Taipei you should try
- Bitoujiao Taiwan travel blog — Explore Bitoujiao – Jiufen – Shifen in 1 day
1. Taroko Gorge
One of the most beautiful landscapes of Taipei tourism is the marble cliffs of Taroko Gorge. You can get there by car, train, or even by the short flight. Taroko Gorge gives for guests the opportunity to experience hiking, biking, camping, river bank exploration, or strolling of the canyon to admire spectacular views of the Nine Turns Tunnel or Eternal Spring Temple. Read more: Explore Taroko Gorge National Park — One of the most beautiful national parks in Taiwan.
Although many people come to visit Sun Moon Lake on a long day trip if you do not have time so you can go on one day. This is the largest water area in Taiwan – the home of one of the island’s indigenous tribes. Unlike other lakes in the world, Sun Moon Lake does not allow swim except for the annual tournament held during the Chinese New Year. Tourists come to this place to watch the birds, enjoy the circle round the circumference of the full moon, visit the temple and cruise on the water. You definitely do not miss the experience of boat trips to Lalu Island and enjoy the famous omelet. Read more: Sun Moon Lake itinerary — Exploring Sun Moon Lake & Cingjing Farm for 1 day trip.
3. Danshui (Tamsui)
Danshui (or Tamsui) is a small city in the north of Taipei that has much unique shopping and great historical landmarks. The Fisherman’s Wharf is an ideal night-time attraction, particularly attracted with “Love Bridge” that will bring you beautiful angles for your “virtual life.” photos Do not forget to take a stroll along Tamsui Old Street and the river bank, visit Fort San, the Hongmao Castle which was built by Dutch in 1641.
Located at the northernmost tip of Taiwan’s island, Yehliu is an expanse of land about 1,700 meters off the ocean and formed by geological forces pushing Datun Mountain to the sea. It is home to Yehliu Geological Park, a beautiful sight on the list of most attractive natural wonders in the world. The scenery is eroded by rocks and geological points have the unique shape, named for good names as Queen’s Head, Dragon’s Head Rock, Honeycomb, Rocks, Ginger Rocks and Fairy Shoe.
The northeast coast of Taiwan Island is created by nature with many beautiful landscapes, and Yilan is one of the finest destinations for you to enjoy waterfalls, lakes, and other fascinating natural landscapes. Yilan has a unique terrain with only one direction overlooking the sea, the other three directions are mountainous. Surfing is a popular game here, although many residents of Taipei live in the mountains of this area.
Renowned for its hot springs and Aboriginal culture, you will take less than an hour to drive from Taipei. Living recommends that you should have planned to travel Taipei on weekends because of this is the time of Taipei residents escaping out of the city. Waterfall and hot spring are Wulai’s most attractive attractions, but the walking trails are very interesting for you to explore. And it would be a pity if you come back home without tasting some of the traditional Aboriginal dishes available along the main roads – especially bamboo rice and sweet potatoes.
It is called Taiwan’s ceramics paradise, Yingge is an attractive place in a short day trip from Taipei, and is the ideal destination if you are shopping and wanting to buy traditional Chinese ceramics. There is a museum of ceramics and some ceramics shops in the town, where you can try your hand at making ceramics products by yourself.
One of Yingge’s finest items is the traditional tea set and stone sculpture of the artist. There are many shops along the ceramic road sell everything from expensive price to the cheap items which are produced in the factory to the hand-made items, hand-crafted jars as much as a few thousand dollars.
Jiufen (Chiufen), or Kowloon, it was located in the north of Taiwan, was a prosperous gold mining town until the 1950s. Instead of becoming a ruined city after the mining operation ended, residents of Taipei are still come here – a famous place with beautiful roads and rich teahouses. Take a walk along the Jiufen old town, enjoy a variety of local dishes, learn the Taiwanese tea culture and admire the region’s most famous mountain scenery. Read more: Visit Jifen – The most beloved destinations of Taiwan.
Do you want explore Taipei in a day? Refer to a tour: Explore Taipei City.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.