Coming to Bangkok – capital of Thailand, besides the experiences of a day-tour by bus, discovering floating-markets,… shopping at local market is one of experiences fashionistas can’t miss! If you are “a hunter” of Thailand’s fashion, a shopaholic of cheap-unique-different stuff, a culinary follower, you definitely must visit Chatuchak Market once because of its significance about not only dimension but also productive diversity. So, what’s hot in Chatuchak weekend market? Let’s check out our Chatuchak weekend market guide (Chatuchak market guide), Chatuchak weekend market blog and Chatuchak market review on how to go to Chatuchak market, how to shopping with bargain price, what to eat at Chatuchak food market in Thailand? to useful Chatuchak market tips to explore the best of Chatuchak market to find out the answer below.
- Top night market in Bangkok — Top 5 Bangkok best night markets you must-visit
- Explore Rod Fai Night Market — One of the most famous night markets in Bangkok
- Chiang Mai market — Explore 5 best markets & night markets in Chiang Mai
- Top Chiang Mai markets — 8 best markets in Chiang Mai & best night markets in Chiang Mai
- What to eat in Chatuchak? — 11+ must eat in Chatuchak & best food in Chatuchak
In spite of a bit far from the city center, you can get to Chatuchak Market like a piece of cake by taxi, MRT (Chatuchak Park station) or by BTS (Mo Chit station), pay attention to direction boards and follow the crowd to come to this eleven hectares huge market. If you are afraid of getting lost but want to take photos as much as possible, Klook would like to bring you 4G SIM card – a partner in every corners.
Chatuchak market guide: Why I should come to Chatuchak?
Firstly, taking a look at the general map of all big areas in Chatuchak, you will easily figure out the way and save your time as well as your health.
Secondly, knowing as the biggest outside market in the world, Chatuchak has huge areas for fashion, shoes, accessories, jewelries, souvenirs, home-ware and decor, antique, handcrafts, books, gardening and pet care,… to meet the offers of both tourists and general customers. If you are looking for one of a kind jewelries, handmade crafts, inexpensive Denim or Bohemian fashion style,… Chatuchak is the best choice for you. All you need is spend time looking around hundreds of shops and squeezing into the crowd, you will be surprised at a lot of eye-catching items with a very reasonable price.
Chatuchak weekend market guide: What to eat at Chatuchak Market?
After the journey of exploring the market, especially under the hot weather in Bangkok, you’ll feel like a million bucks again when enjoying wonderful cool desserts. Cuisine paradise located at seventeen – nineteen and twenty-seven with billions of sweets such as banana with chocolate sauce, crepe cake, iced fruit, milk tea, smoothies, ice-cream,… will not only make you full but also take a lot of colorful photos with it. Mango ice-cream with sticky rice, coconut ice-cream and Thai milk tea are three featured dishes you have try once while travelling to Thailand. If you are still hungry, some delicious street food such as padthai, fried chicken wings, roasted pork with honey, grilled meat, sea food,… are ready to serve you continue to energize your Chatuchak excursion.
Chatuchak market shopping guide: Be a smart consumer at Chatuchak Market!
“Bulk buying” and “bargain” are two best ways you should use thoroughly to get the items you want. Therefore, shopping with friends not only can you share money with but they also help you bargain.
Prepare (some) bags in advance to carry all your shopping stuff, bring water as much as possible in order not to be thirsty, especially in the hot weather in Bangkok and above all is take money with you ( because only a few shops use card payment, so the safest way is always getting money on anytime and anywhere. All exchange lanes may be found at Exit two and Exit three (opposite the first area).
If you like any items, buy it right away because it seems “an impossible mission” to get back that shop again especially in this huge Chatuchak market. But if you have a good health, you can go on the journey by conducting a poll on the prices, designs,… before making final decision.
Keeping in mind some simple Thailand sentences to have the best deal while shopping:
- “Tao Lai (Rai) kha” = How much?
- “Neung” = one, “song” = two, “sam” = three, “si” = four, “ha” = five, “sip” = ten, “loy” = one hundred.
- For example, “ha loy ha sip baht” = five hundred and fifty baht
In a crowed market, it’s necessary to keep an eye on your belongings. In case of being picked-pocket or lose something, calm down and make a quick move to the information desk oppositing the first area for help.
Chatuchak market tips: Some sticking points to bear in mind:
The most ideal time is in the morning (from nine to ten o’clock). Because this time, almost shops have already opened, deserted and fine weather. You’ll have enough time to “discover” every Chatuchak’s conners and make an end shopping-trip before it get dark about six o’clock (It’s time for weekend shops to close).
To explore “thoroughly” and not to get lost in “the maze” of Chatuchak Market, don’t forget to download the online map or get the hand-held map at the information desk.
Moving from the airport to Chatuchak market with a lot of stuff, don’t worry, you can hand over them in self service storage in Chatuchak Plaza with dependent prices on size and how long you sent your stuff, with simple steps and clearly instructions in English, so just let it out and have fun.
To release your mind after “hard-working” at Chatuchak day, why don’t you try out the advanced spa with inexpensive price (Let’s Relax Spa Experience in Bangkok), or reward for yourself a luxury buffet on ship with the wonderful view of Chao Phraya River ([SALE] Chao Phraya Princess Cruise). With all brilliant tips above, we wish you have a good time and successful trip in Chatuchak Market.
Read more about Chatuchak market guide:
- Chatuchak food blog — Top 12 best foods at Chatuchak Market you must-try.
- Chatuchak shopping — Top 5 best shops in Chatuchak market you must visit.
- Chatuchak market blog — Get lost at Chatuchak weekend market Bangkok, Thailand.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Bangkok you can refer to
- Bangkok City & Temples Tour by Tour East
- Classic Bangkok Tour: Floating Market, Elephant Village, Asiatique, & More by AK Travel
- Bangkok Old City Half Day Tour
- Bangkok Landmarks Day Tour: Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Chao Phraya River & More
- Bangkok Sky Train (BTS) One Day Pass
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link (ARL) Ticket
- [Sale] Private Suvarnabhumi Airport Transfers (BKK) for Bangkok, Pattaya & More by Oriental Holiday
- Shared City Transfers between Bangkok and Pattaya by Oriental Holiday
- Private City Transfers between Bangkok and Pattaya, Ayutthaya, Hua Hin & More
- Shared City Transfers between Bangkok and Pattaya by Oriental Holiday
- Private City Transfers from Pattaya to Bangkok, Hua Hin, Koh Samet & Koh Chang
- [SALE] BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card
- Chao Phraya Tourist Boat Bangkok Hop-On-Hop-Off Sightseeing Boat
- [SALE] Chao Phraya Princess Cruise
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Bangkok travel guide and top things to do in Bangkok: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Bangkok travel blog — The fullest Bangkok travel guide blog for a budget trip to Bangkok (BKK).