The Rot Fai Night Market (Talad Rod Fai Night Market, Rod Fai Night Market Bangkok, Ratchada Train Night Market) also known as Train Market, Srinakarin Train Market in Bangkok is an outdoor market which offers a wide variety of vintage items, collectibles and souvenirs from earlier years, from antique furniture to the clothes with Hippy style. There are also “Rainbow Shades”. With the spacious space of market which is divided into three main areas, there are also items that are hard to find or unique. Follow Living Nomads to explore this fascinating market
How to get to Rod Fai Night Bangkok (Rot Fai Night Market)?
• Opening hours: 5 pm to midnight, Thursday to Sunday
• Location: Srinakarin Soi 51 (behind Seacon Square)
• BTS Station: On Nut (nearest station but still requires taxi to reach the market)
Rod Fai Market is located at Srinakarin Soi 51, just behind Seacon Square Shopping Center. The best way to get here is by taxi, all taxi drivers must know about Seacon Square. However, the traffic can get extremely bad on Friday and Saturday nights, so you should consider choosing the BTS Skytrain to On Nut station, then take the next taxi to get the market.
The original place of the original Rod Fai market is next to the railroad tracks which is behind Chatuchak Market in the north of the city. Although there are no trains now, there are plenty of spaces for merchants to showcase their strange but equally beautiful collections in different areas. The three districts here are named as follows: “Market Zone”, “Warehouse Zone” and “Rod’s Antiques”.
Rrod Fai Night Market blog: What is hot at Rod Fai Market?
At the Warehouse Zone of Rod Fai Market, there is a wide variety of impressive products. You will be able to find everything from home accessories to old electronics, clothes, footwear and second-hand fashion jewelry. Of course, it is all in vintage style.
Many shop owners are also collectors of vintage items, so it is not uncommon for you to find the items of interest such as old cameras, bicycles, a collection of Coca-Cola bottles and Japanese anime shows sold out. The best thing is that shop owners are friendly.They do not push or force you. So you can spend as much time exploring and exploring as you like without feeling cheated as a tourist or anything.
The unique and outstanding artifacts at Rod Fai are on display in a factory-style building that has been altered and requisitioned under the name of Rod’s Antiques. This is a treasure-trove of antique and vintage items such as cars, classic motorcycles, antique furniture and even Elvis mannequins are the same size as real people.
Those who love photography are allowed to shoot, but you are not allowed to touch anything at all because the items here are rare and there are even more at the same price. One of the biggest differences here is that all vintage items are guaranteed to be authentic, originating from all over the world, such as America, China, Myanmar, Europe and Thailand.
The Market Zone is a huge collection of over 2000 stalls, selling all products and everyday items such as shoes, trendy fashion, children’s toys and home furnishings. Prices are low and you usually do not have to pay more, so it is best for you to go around to explore watch and enjoy.
You also should stop frequently to sample tasty snacks at counters scattered throughout the residence. If you get closer to the end of the market, you will see many rows of merchants with their items are arranged on the ground. Most of these items are collectors and souvenirs.
Street food stalls
While shopping is a special highlight of Rod Fai Market, you should not miss out on street food here. Many bars have drinks as well as cheap cocktails, barbecues, fried noodles, cream, Thai milk tea and coffee. All of them are scattered in random places in the market, between the goods stalls.
There is also an array of bars and restaurants at the entrance of the market. Here you can sit and enjoy beer and enjoy the live band, immersed in the scene as well as the atmosphere in the market. Each shop has a rich and varied design, from classic Volkswagen camper to old trains. All of them is to attract potential customers.
Rod Fai also opened on Ratchada Road
Due to the long-term success of the first market, there is now the second location of Rod Fai Market. Opened on Ratchadaphisek Road and much closer to the heart of Bangkok. Although it just opened in January 2015 and not as large as the first main market, this market still has artistic atmosphere, retro and even delicious cat food to enjoy again.
Rod Fai Market also offers you a very special shopping experience when you are sure to be able to discover many precious items in the jubilant air like the festival. If you have no interest in vintage, the glamor of the market, the welcoming atmosphere and the cheerful spirit of the gathering here will also be a memorable one for you. Actually, you will not waste any time or energy wasting a trip out of the city and experience this strange alternative in Bangkok.
Rod Fai Ratchada (Rot Fai Night Market)
Address: Ratchada Road, near the Esplanade Mall and Thailand Cultural Centre MRT
Phone: +66 (0)92 713 5599
Opening Hours: 5 pm – 1 am, Thursday to Sunday
How to get there: You can also easily reach here, just a few minutes walk from the MRT Thailand Cultural Center, just behind the Esplanade.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Bangkok you can refer to
- Bangkok City & Temples Tour by Tour East
- Classic Bangkok Tour: Floating Market, Elephant Village, Asiatique, & More by AK Travel
- Bangkok Old City Half Day Tour
- Bangkok Landmarks Day Tour: Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Chao Phraya River & More
- Bangkok Sky Train (BTS) One Day Pass
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link (ARL) Ticket
- [Sale] Private Suvarnabhumi Airport Transfers (BKK) for Bangkok, Pattaya & More by Oriental Holiday
- Shared City Transfers between Bangkok and Pattaya by Oriental Holiday
- Private City Transfers from Pattaya to Bangkok, Hua Hin, Koh Samet & Koh Chang
- [SALE] BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card
- Chao Phraya Tourist Boat Bangkok Hop-On-Hop-Off Sightseeing Boat
- [SALE] Chao Phraya Princess Cruise
- Floating Markets Day Tour: Damnoen Saduak, Maeklong and Amphawa
- Safari World Bangkok Ticket
- Klook Pass Bangkok and Pattaya
- Bangkok Safari World Shared and Private Transfers Service Tour
- Bangkok BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card
- Mahanakhon SkyWalk Ticket in Bangkok
- Chao Phraya White Orchid Cruise in Bangkok
- Ancient City Bangkok and Erawan Museum Ticket
- Spa & Massage near Let’s Relax (Central World) in Chidlom
- Private City Transfers between Bangkok and Pattaya, Ayutthaya, Hua Hin & More by TTD
- Bangkok Day Tour: Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Bangkok travel guide and top things to do in Bangkok: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Bangkok travel blog — The fullest Bangkok travel guide blog for a budget trip to Bangkok (BKK).