The night markets in Bangkok will bring you a festive atmosphere with hundreds of products to choose, as well as snacks, bars and live music band to make people enjoy. This is one of the unique local cultures which you must definitely experience behind the glittering commercial center. Let’s discover top night market in Bangkok — Top 5 best night markets in Bangkok you need to visit with Living Nomads below which including Bangkok best night markets, which night market to go in Bangkok, top night markets in Bangkok, most popular night market in Bangkok.
- Explore Rod Fai Night Market — One of the most famous night markets in Bangkok
- Chiang Mai market — Explore 5 best markets & night markets in Chiang Mai
- Bangkok shopping guide — Top 16 best shopping malls in Bangkok you should visit
- Best markets in Bangkok — Top 8 best shopping markets in Bangkok
- Explore Mega Bangna Bangkok — The second largest store in Southeast Asia
At these markets, with a bit of ingenuity, the price bargain, and even a little luck, you can find exquisite handicrafts, clothing and beautifully decorated items at extremely “soft” prices. And 5 marketplaces that Living Nomads will take you to discover today are the most unique, exciting and amazing night bazaars in Bangkok that you will surely want to come back again.
1. Rod Fai Train Night Market
Renowned for its nostalgic vestiges and vast spaces, Rot Fai Night Market is a favorite destination for those who come to Bangkok. Located on the eastern outskirts (it was moved here from the North in 2013), Rot Fai has the most impressive stalls in Bangkok.
Let’s start your journey with fashionable clothing counters. You will be amazed at the variety of models, affordable prices, and cute decorated shops. Whether you are shopping for your favorite clothing, choosing for yourself the right accessories, or simply taking the beautiful photos, you will not be disappointed with this colorful market.
Apart from fashion, this is a reason which makes Rot Fai so impressive is the collection of collectibles from over the world. Just take a moment, you can find beautiful items, unique souvenirs that no having in any place. In addition, an indispensable thing when coming here is to enjoy the cheap but extremely delicious snacks. Make sure only one night at Rot Fai, you will have the best shopping experience in Bangkok.
Rot Fai Train Night Market
Address: Thailand, Soi Srinagarindra 51, Nong Bon, Prawet, Bangkok 10250, Thailand
Opening hours: Daily from 5 pm to midnight
Telephone: +66 81 827 5885
Getting there: Taxi is the fastest way to get to Rot Fai. However, if you want to save money, you can choose BTS to get to On Nut station then take a taxi to Srinakarin.
2. JJ Green
Located in the Chatuchak weekend market, JJ Green is the number one destination for those looking for vintage designs or those who like to drink. You can explore this market and find yourself a classic pair of shoes, cute items.
Let’s enjoy the cocktails with your friends and watch the busy streets in the impressive bars. Not as wide as Chatuchak, but JJ Green is still a great place that native students also come to shopping. So if you want to experience shopping as a Thais people, or looking for relaxation, shopping space is pleasant to come here.
Address: Kamphaeng Phet 3 Road | Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand
Opening hours: Daily from 5 pm to 2 am (From Thursday to Sunday)
Telephone: +66 86 567 9959
Getting there: You can go BTS to Mo Chit station, then walking about 5-10 minutes to get to the market. Or you can use the MRT subway system directly to the Chatuchak station.
Note: Most stalls will close at midnight, some bars closed later at 2 am. However, it is important to note that public transport such as BTS and MRT will end at midnight, so you can arrive here by train and leave by taxi.
3. Asiatique riverfront night market
If JJ Green and Rot Fai are a suitable place for young people or single people, Asiatique is the ideal destination for families. With a great space, cool winds from the nearby river, there are many delicious cuisines of the region in the area has created a unique Asiatique. Although the market stalls cost more than other places, if you are looking for a place to have fun, the Asiatique is the best choice.
Another strong point that attracted Asiatique visitors is the art shows. You can watch Muay Thai martial arts performances from professional boxers. You should spend time watching the dances and talents of lady-boy girls with gorgeous body in Calypso Cabaret. Surely you choose any show, this will also be a great experience in the bustling city of Bangkok with your family.
Asiatique riverfront night market
Address: Chareonkrung Soi 74-76, Bangkok, Thailand
Opening hours: Daily from 5 pm to midnight
Telephone: +66 86 567 9959
Getting there: Take BTS to Saphan Taksin station and walk towards the river, turn left 40m along the river to reach Asiatique pier and take the free ship to Asiatique center.
Note: The free ship will operate until 11 pm.
4. The New Rot Fai Market Ratchada
As a version of the fantastic land Rot Fai Srinakarin, Rot Fai at Ratchada still retains the charismatic features with various stalls and options. However, the biggest plus point of this night market is the location closer to the center.
No having any better way than get a ride, go to this market and find yourself unique collectibles, colorful accessories or simply enjoy the parties of street food and cups of soft drink full color? Rot Fai Ratchada will meet all your requirements and bring the most enjoyable shopping experiences.
The New Rot Fai Market Ratchada
Address: Ratchadaphisek Rd, Khwaeng Din Daeng, Khet Din Daeng, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Bangkok, Thailand
Opening hours: Daily from 5 pm to 1 am
Telephone: +66 92 713 5599
Getting there: Take the MRT to the National Cultural Center and walk to Rot Fai.
5. Patpong Night Market
It is located between the hot go-go bars, you will find a colorful Patpong market. From small souvenirs to watches, sports shoes or handbags, Patpong brings you a unique shopping experience in the center of the city.
Having a bit of money bargain and the ability to choose wisely, you can find for yourself some good items at the cheap cost. Furthermore, this is also a great opportunity to see famous bars throughout Bangkok capital before deciding to explore the exciting world of entertainment.
Patpong Night Market
Address: 2 Khwaeng Suriya Wong, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Bangkok, Thailand
Opening hours: Daily from 6 pm to midnight
Getting there: Coming from BTS Siam station, depart at Sala Daeng station and exit down one of the right-hand stairs. Follow the increasing trail of vendors along the sidewalk, and after five minutes, you’ll know you’re there.
In addition to the famous and large markets as the five places above, you can find many other night markets throughout Bangkok. From small stalls along the pavement of the downtown area to the fairgrounds, the fair is only held at a certain time.
All of them create the colorful variety of bustling Bangkok night. And, through these discoveries, you will find not only your favorite items but also the unforgettable moments and experiences of Thailand’s journey.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Bangkok you can refer to
- Bangkok City & Temples Tour by Tour East
- Classic Bangkok Tour: Floating Market, Elephant Village, Asiatique, & More by AK Travel
- Bangkok Old City Half Day Tour
- Bangkok Landmarks Day Tour: Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Chao Phraya River & More
- Bangkok Sky Train (BTS) One Day Pass
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link (ARL) Ticket
- [Sale] Private Suvarnabhumi Airport Transfers (BKK) for Bangkok, Pattaya & More by Oriental Holiday
- Shared City Transfers between Bangkok and Pattaya by Oriental Holiday
- Private City Transfers from Pattaya to Bangkok, Hua Hin, Koh Samet & Koh Chang
- [SALE] BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card
- Chao Phraya Tourist Boat Bangkok Hop-On-Hop-Off Sightseeing Boat
- [SALE] Chao Phraya Princess Cruise
- Floating Markets Day Tour: Damnoen Saduak, Maeklong and Amphawa
- Safari World Bangkok Ticket
- Klook Pass Bangkok and Pattaya
- Bangkok Safari World Shared and Private Transfers Service Tour
- Bangkok BTS Skytrain Rabbit Card
- Mahanakhon SkyWalk Ticket in Bangkok
- Chao Phraya White Orchid Cruise in Bangkok
- Ancient City Bangkok and Erawan Museum Ticket
- Spa & Massage near Let’s Relax (Central World) in Chidlom
- Private City Transfers between Bangkok and Pattaya, Ayutthaya, Hua Hin & More by TTD
- Bangkok Day Tour: Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Bangkok travel guide and top things to do in Bangkok: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Bangkok travel blog — The fullest Bangkok travel guide blog for a budget trip to Bangkok (BKK).