Weekend getaway trips seem to have become a habit of Seoul people. Temporarily put aside a week of work and busy with life, the people of Seoul often choose to go to natural places with harmonious and peaceful scenery. Theme parks such as Petite France or Edelweiss Swiss Theme Park simulates a miniature peaceful Swiss village (Edelweiss Swiss Theme Village). Edelweiss Swiss Theme Park Korea is the right place for you to experience European culture right in South Korea.
- Guide to Everland Theme Park — How to visit & what to do in Everland?
- Top Seoul Park — 4 beautiful parks in Seoul & best parks in Seoul Korea you should visit
- Lotte World vs Everland — Which theme park should you go?
- Everland Korea blog — How to spend 1 perfect day in Everland Theme Park, Seoul
- What to do in Seoul in winter? — 9+ best things to do in Seoul in winter & in Korea in winter
Do you know?
Leontopodium nivale, commonly called Edelweiss, is a mountain flower belonging to the daisy or sunflower family Asteraceae in Switzerland, this flower has a characteristic white color and the petals look like a porous layer of snow. The meaning behind this fragile image is nobility. Edelweiss flowers are also considered the national flower of Switzerland. Edelweiss Swiss theme village or Edelweiss Swiss theme park is inspired by the image of Edelweiss flower with the desire to convey the unique culture of Switzerland.
Information about Edelweiss Swiss Theme Park
Address: 226-57 Darakjae-ro, Seorak-myeon, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Hours: 10AM–6PM / Saturday; Sunday: 9AM–5PM
Phone: +82 31-581-9400
Admission: Adult. KRW 10.000/person
How to get to Edelweiss Swiss Theme Village?
Take the train to Cheongpyeong Station, then exit at Gate 2 and you’ll see a yellow bus. Take this bus to get to Edelweiss Swiss park.
Note: Buses are only used on weekends or public holidays in Korea, so if you go to Edelweiss Swiss Theme Park Korea on weekdays. I recommend you to use the following suggestions:
- Use T-money or Korail Pass to get to Cheongpyeong Station quickly + economically.
- Sightseeing and getting around with more savings thanks to the Discover Seoul Pass card.
- In the case of going to Edelweiss Swiss Park during the weekdays, you can use 4G Sim or 4G Wifi pocket device to catch a taxi going straight to the park.
- Take a day tour of exploring Edelweiss Swiss Park, Morning Calm Garden and Gangchon Rail Park.
Discover the peaceful “Swiss” of Korea
Spending 2 hours to explore Edelweiss Swiss Theme Park is a suitable time for self-sufficient traveling tourists. Here besides enjoy the fresh, cool air from the green trees. You can also admire the architecture of the house modeled in Swiss style, the colorful houses connecting each other along the roads.
There are a total of about 32 houses with different themes here, the easiest to find are roadside cafes near the entrance. This place is often chosen as a destination during the journey to discover Edelweiss Swiss Theme Village. Enjoy a hot cup of coffee accompanied by a lunch meal, the time slowly goes by at Edelweiss Swiss Park.
In addition to the lovely cafes, Heidi Cheese is the place to simulate the process of making cheese that will be suitable to linger for a while. Did you know that Europeans use most cheese-made products in their daily meals? Coming to Edelweiss Swiss Park, you will not only visit but also have an opportunity to learn more about European culture.
It would be remiss not to mention the wooden soldier – the nutcracker, the famous image when referring to Switzerland. At Edelweiss Swiss Park, where there is a store displaying these wooden soldiers. You may consider buying 1 or 2 small items here as a gift or display in the bedroom.
Flowers and flower pots along the way are decorated to highlight the eye-catching colors of the walls and window frames at Edelweiss Swiss. A special feature of European home design and it also is not too difficult for you to get beautiful photos with your friends and relatives.
Other areas such as Santa Village, roads to the hills and waterfalls are the areas with many tourists. Above all, remember to visit the Love Pond, where the love garden is designed romantic for couples.
A trip to discover the paradise of Edelweiss Swiss will bring you a sense of relaxation and tranquility. Energize and motivate when you return to your busy daily life. Hurry up and plan a “take each other away” at Edelweiss Swiss Park on your next trip to Seoul.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Seoul travel guide and top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Seoul travel blog — The fullest Seoul travel guide blog for a wonderful budget trip to Seoul for the first time.