Spring comes with warm weather and sunny is the best time to see the flowers and take fresh air. The park is a great option for picnicking in the spring. In Seoul, there are many parks suitable for walking, watching flowers, breathing fresh air and living virtual without any entrance fee. Many parks have been chosen as filming studios for popular movies. Going to Seoul without visiting the park is definitely would be a mistake! Experiencing the life of the Korean people with a picnic at a park in Seoul, both economical and convenient, but still has lots of nice views to see! So, are you looking for some top parks in Seoul Korea for picnic, strolling or hiking? Let’s check out our Seoul park blog with 4 beautiful parks in Seoul and best parks in Seoul you should go to find out the answer!
- Guide to Everland Theme Park — How to visit & what to do in Everland?
- Lotte World vs Everland — Which theme park should you go?
- Everland Korea blog — How to spend 1 perfect day in Everland Theme Park, Seoul
- Gogung Bibimbap Insadong review — Tasting the famous Bibimbap mixed rice at Gogung Insadong restaurant
- Seoul itinerary 6 days — How to spend 6 days in Seoul on a budget perfectly?
Beautiful parks in Seoul: Yongsan Family Park
How to get there: Take the Seoul Subway Line 1 or 4 to Ichon Station, exit at Exit 2 or take the Seoul Subway Line 1 to Seobinggo Station, exit at Exit 1, walk 10 minutes to reach the park.
You will find a miniature Spain in the heart of Seoul in this park with an area of up to 243 hectares. Previously, this area was used as a military base for the occupation of Japan and the United States. Therefore, this park is not only a green space with wonderful natural scenery but it also contains cultural and historical values for you to learn and improve knowledge.
In the park there is a lake, artificial hills, mounds, streams, ponds and lotus pond. Stepping into the park, you will feel like just taking a trip to visit the peaceful countryside, relieve all the stresses in urban life “overlapping” and tired.
Address: 185 Seobinggo-ro, Yongsandong 6(yuk)-ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Hours: Open 24 hours
Best parks in Seoul: Yeouido Park on the banks of the Han River
Getting there: Take the Seoul Subway Line 5, get off at Yeouinaru Station, exit at Exit 3.
The Han River flows through central Seoul. Along the riverbank becomes an ideal place to relax and have a nice weekend for locals as well as tourists. Yeouido is one of the famous parks and best parks in Seoul spread along this riverbank, this is also a place often chosen to organize activities, big festivals of the year such as performing fireworks to celebrate the New Year, music festivals, … In particular, in April, cherry blossoms in full bloom throughout the park become the ideal “virtual living” background.
It is easy to get to this park by bus and subway because there is a stop right there at the park. Renting a bike and cycling along the riverside roads on a fresh and airy day feels super “fresh” and “healthy and balanced”.
Address: 68 Yeouigongwon-ro, Yeoui-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Hours: Open 24 hours
Top Seoul Park: Seonyudo Park
How to get there: Take the Seoul Subway Line 9, get off at Seonyudo Station, exit at Exit 4. Walk for about 20 minutes to reach the park.
Seonyudo Park is called an island in the middle of the Han River because it is connected to the mainland by the Yanghwadaegyo bridge. This eco park is a refurbishment from an old water purification plant.
The park is divided into gardens according to different themes such as Time Garden, Green Column Garden, greenhouse, … This park is famous for strange and unique views. You can refer to the images below!
Address: 1 Dangsan-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Best parks in Seoul: Noeul Park
If you are looking for a place to watch the sunset in Seoul, remember Noeul Park – a part of World Cup Park (including Haneul Park). An extremely “hot” point of the park is the vast field of flowers and lush green lawns that are super suitable for camping. Previously, this area was a landfill. Afterwards, the area was planned to host the 2002 FIFA World Cup Korea – Japan.
Walking along the trails in this “super good” park in the heart of Seoul, you can comfortably take photos with sculptures and grass and flower fields. If you have the opportunity, you should definitely visit this place around 4 or 5 pm to watch the brilliant red sky scene!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Seoul travel guide and top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Seoul itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Seoul & what to do in Seoul for 5 days perfectly?