What to do in Bangkok at night: Shopping at night markets
Bangkok atmosphere at night as a festival is a unique feature of these night markets. The number of goods is diversified, the food is very much and of course it is indispensable to play, entertain, explore, travel, etc.
- What to do in Bangkok at night — Top 8 best things to do in Bangkok at night
- Bangkok travel blog — The fullest Bangkok travel guide blog for a budget trip to Bangkok (BKK)
- Top 9 wonderful & best places to visit in Bangkok for free
- What to do in Siam Bangkok? — Top 4 things to do in Siam you should try
- Best spa in Bangkok — 5 best Thai massage & spa treatments you definitely should experience in Bangkok
Instead of the “expensive and luxurious” shopping malls and brand goods, Bangkok night market specializes in local or crafted local goods, it is the ideal place to “hunt” for quality goods, cheap or buy souvenirs. Do you want to have a lively and exciting night in Bangkok? Let’s go to these night markets!
Rot Fai Market (Ratchada Rot Fai Train Night Market) in Bangkok is an open-air market with a variety of items, ranging from dining to garments, souvenirs and so on. Along with restaurants, bars and outdoor live band performance areas, Rot Fai is truly place for your lively night in Bangkok!
Location: Srinakarin Road Soi 51 (behind Seacon Square)
Opening hours: 17:00 – midnight (Thursday – Sunday)
Nearest BTS station: On Nut
JJ Green Market
JJ Green Night Market is a “gathering place” of bars, diverse and bustling shops, from shops specializing in old clothes, genuine retro items like vinyl CDs, used car models, and artworks, antiques and collections. The price here is reasonable and affordable, so you can try a little bargain, but most of the price is fixed.
Location: 1 Kamphaeng Phet 3, Chatuchak, Bangkok
Opening hours: Thursday – Sunday 17:00 – 02:00 (next day)
How to get here: If you take the MRT you will get off at Chatuchak, and if you use BTS, you will get down at Mo Chit
ASIATIQUE The Riverfront
This is a successful combination of shopping center and night market, bringing the experience of fun, relaxing, walking and bustling hunting goods in the city area. This market has more than 1500 stores along with 40 different restaurants.
Asiatique is divided into 4 main areas:
- Chareonkrung area is where you will find the majority of retail shops selling souvenirs, handicrafts, jewelry and clothing. The front of the stores is not large but always attractive with diverse products, many incentives and affordable prices.
- Factory area focuses more on fashion and fashion accessories that catch the trend, and especially has a Apple store here.
- Riverfront area is the space of restaurants, converging the taste of Thailand, Europe, seafood dishes, etc.
- Finally, Town Square area has bars and outdoor space, many cafes are scattered around.
How to get there: The easiest and fastest way to get here is by boat. Take BTS to Saphan Taksin, then board the free transfer boat at the end of the dock. The boat trip will take about 10 minutes, and the boat will operate until 23:00. A small travel tip is that you should not take a taxi because the traffic in this area is quite bad, frequent traffic jams.
Location: Charoen Krung Soi 74-76
Opening hours: 17:00 – 00:00
Discover all of Bangkok’s most famous night markets here.
Why do you have to go to bed at night when Bangkok night activities are so attractive and inviting? If there is an early evening but you can’t “remember” where to go, remember this article, open up and read it carefully and prepare for a night of “fun” over night in Bangkok!
Are you finding more top things to do in Bangkok: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out at here. And Bangkok travel blog — The fullest Bangkok travel guide blog for a budget trip to Bangkok (BKK), Thailand.