Phuket Weekend Market (Phuket Weekend Night Market, Naka Market Phuket) is located along Chao Fa West Road just outside Phuket Town, not far from the city center. The market is where visitors and locals go to find all kinds of secondhand goods, antiques, smuggled goods, live animals and so forth. You will not be able to come here without spending money. The richness and diversity of this market never fail to deflate your wallet.
- Top night market in Bangkok — Top 5 best night markets in Bangkok you must-visit
- Bangkok shopping guide — Top 16 best shopping malls in Bangkok you should visit
- Where to stay in Phuket? — Top 10 best areas to stay in Phuket
- Best markets in Bangkok — Top 8 best shopping markets in Bangkok
- Explore Mega Bangna Bangkok — The second largest store in Southeast Asia
What’s in the Phuket night market?
Diverse electronics devices
Night Market Phuket is divided into two parts inside and outside. Inside the market, you will see easy-to-find items such as jeans, t-shirts, antiques, sophisticated carved souvenirs and other unique items. Outside the market, you will find stalls selling toys, mobile phones, all kinds of electronics, DVDs and CDs, shoes, bags, jewelry, fashion accessories, watches and so on.
Traditional Thai dishes
The main walkway has booths selling Thai street food specialties such as boiled corn, spicy sausages, grilled chicken, fish eats, local fruits and even fried insects. And it’s great when you munch on those dishes with a beer on hand.
Although Phuket’s night market is not as big as the famous Chatuchak Market in Bangkok, it still has some unique items that make it outstanding. Read more: Chatuchak market blog — Get lost at Chatuchak weekend market Bangkok, Thailand
Specialtiy not to be missed at Phuket night market
The specialty at this market is unique green bean-based viand made from steamed flour and mung beans. The lovely eat is wrapped with a layer of edible food coloring powder that makes them look like plums, chilies, or baby corns. “Be careful” or you will be deceived by the perfect disguise when shopping for fruits resulting in discover a gorgeous foodstuff with amazing fragrance.
The souvenirs you should buy when visiting this market are the basket weaving from a variety of different materials. The most popular ones are bamboo and hyacinth. This kind of bag is the lightweight and durable “dernier cri”.
The number of visitors coming here every night is up to hundreds or even thousands of visitants. They come from all over to visit the market, and there is one thing in common that they explore the everyday life of Thai people through the goods they sell and the food they eat.
How to get to Phuket night market?
Opening hours: Saturday, Sunday from 16:00 to 21:00
Location: The night market in Phuket is just opposite Wat Nakaram, you can follow the map below to get there. Alternatively, you can choose to travel by taxi to Wat Nakaram and then walk across the street. You can also ask the driver to go to Talad Tai Rot (local name of the market) and walk in.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Phuket you can refer to
- (All Areas Inclusive) Private Phuket International Airport Transfers (HKT) for Phuket by Thai Rhythm
- Private Transfers for Phuket City and Surrounding Attractions
- Private Krabi (KBV) or Phuket Airport Transfers (HKT) for Krabi, Phuket, and More
- Private City Transfers between Phuket and Nearby Cities
- Shared Phuket International Airport (HKT) Transfer from Phuket
- Shared Van Transfer from Phuket International Airport (HKT) to Phuket
- Phuket City Sightseeing Day Tour
- Phuket Custom Full Day Tour
- Phuket Adventure Day Tour
- Phuket City Introduction Half Day Tour
- Phuket Custom Tour: Racha Island, Phi Phi Island, Phuket Fantasea, Dolphin Show, and More
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Phuket: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.