Bak Kut Teh at Song Fa Bak Kut Teh
- Best cheap eats Singapore — Top 7 cheap but delicious foods & best places to eat them
- Where to eat in Singapore — 8 must eat food in Singapore & best places to eat them
- Must eat food in Singapore — Top 14 must try & most Singapore famous food to eat in Singapore
- Top 10 best restaurants in Little India Singapore
- Top 10 cheap & best hawker centres in Singapore
Bak Kut Teh also spelt bak-kut-teh, origins from Hokkien, a rib dish cooked in broth of herbs and spices such as star anise, cinnamon, cloves, garlic, .. Good Bak Kut Teh depends on the taste of broth, a rich pepper and garlic pragrance, slightly spicy. Having a bowl of Bak Kut Teh with steamed rice on a rainy day is really chilled. Singapore has 6 months raining dog and cat that’s the reason why the local really love this food.
Song Fa Bak Kut Teh
11 New Bridge Road, #01-01 Singapore 059383 (Upper Circular Road)
Tel: +65 6533 6128
Hours: 9:00am – 9:15pm (Tues – Sun), Closed Mon
Address: 133 New Bridge Road, # 01-04 Chinatown Point.
Phone: +65 6443 1033
Hours: 10:30am – 9:30pm, Last order 9:15pm (Mon – Sun)
Clarke Quay: 17 New Bridge Road #01-01 Singapore 059386
Chinatown Point: #01-04, 133 New Bridge Road Singapore 059413
UE BizHub East (North Tower Office): 6 Changi Business Park Ave 1 #01-38 Singapore 486017
The Seletar Mall: 33 Sengkang West Ave #01-39/40/41
JEM: 50 Jurong Gateway Road #B1-09 Singapore 608549
Dim Sum at 126 Dim Sum Wen Dao Shi, Geylang
Dim sum here is famous because it’s not only cheap but insanely good which make Din Tai Fung or Tim Ho Wan (2 Taiwan and Hong Kong dimsum franchises) need to be fear. Highly recommend the steamed siew mai, shrimp dumpling, Chinese prawn or BBQ pork rice roll, deep fried mantou with chilli crab sauce. The total bill for 2 big eaters is around SG$30 for 7-8 dishes.
126 Dim Sum Wen Dao Shi
Address: 126 Sims Avenue, Singapore 387449, Singapore
Phone: +65 6746 4757
1086 Serangoon Road, Singapore 328187
Tel: +65 6297 5032
Sambal Stingray at East Coast Lagoon Food Village
Sambal can be found easily in so many foods in Singapore, mostly from Malaysian. The stingray is seasoned with sambal, a lot of chilli and grilled on banana leaves using charcoal will give a stronger and sweeter flavor. You should try this dish at East Coast Park, nearby the beach. There is a food village with variety of food from crab, frog to stingray, chicken rice, satay, for your choices. They also have fishing, biking, roller-skating areas along the beach.
Address: 1220 East Coast Parkway, #01-43 East Coast Lagoon Food Village, Singapore 468960
Hours: 04:00pm – 11:30pm
Phone: +65 62452828
Kueh at Bengawan Solo
This is the traditional bite-sized snack or dessert foods of Singaporean, originating from Malaysia, which would be called cakes, cookies, dumplings, puddings, biscuits or pastries in English. The most common flavoring ingredients are grated coconut, coconut milk, pandan leaves, and palm sugar. There are some famous flavors you should try such as Kueh Lapis (many layers steamed cake), Kueh Binka Ubi (baked tapioca/ cassava cake), Kueh Kosui (which is made from rice flour with palm sugar and pandan flavor, covered with grated coconut), Kueh Salat (two-layered cake with one is steamed glutinous rice and one is steamed mixture of egg, milk, coconut milk and pandan, luscious and highly addictive), Yam Talam (two-layered cake from coconut milk and purple sweet potato). You can easily find many kinds of kueh at Bengawan Solo’s shops, one piece at around SG$1.2.
Address: 30 Sembawang Dr, #B1-13, Singapore 757713
Phone: +65 6852 2055
Bengawan Solo Bukit Panjang Plaza: Address: 1 Jelebu Road, 67 Bukit Panjang Plaza, # 01-66, Singapore 677743
Bengawan Solo: Address: 21 Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4 B1, 14, Singapore 689812
Bengawan Solo at West Mall (Bukit Batok): Address: 1 Bukit Batok Central Link, #B1-02 West Mall, Singapore 658713
Bengawan Solo Pioneer Mall: Address: 638A Jurong West Street 61, #01-11 Pioneer Mall, Singapore 640638
Bengawan Solo – Jurong Point: Address: 1 Jurong West Central 2, Singapore 648886
Finally, don’t forget to try all these foods when you come to Singapore, you will not regret!
- Best cheap eats Singapore — Top 7 cheap but delicious foods & best places to eat them.
- Singapore Chilli Crab — Best food which you must-try in Singapore.
- Where to eat in Singapore — 8 must eat food in Singapore & best places to eat them.
- Hong Kong Soya sauce Chicken Rice and Noodles — The first Singapore street food vendor ever awarded a honorable Michelin star.
- Top 10 cheap & best hawker centres in Singapore.
- Best buffet in Singapore — 5 best buffet restaurants in Singapore.
- Top 10 best restaurants in Little India Singapore.
- Top places to eat in Singapore — 5 must eat restaurants in Singapore.
- Best bubble tea Singapore — Top 10 most famous & best bubble tea brands in Singapore.
Are you looking for more Singapore travel guide: Things to do, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out our Singapore blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.