Singapore is a hot pot of cuisines to eat, incorporating a rich heritage of food dishes consisting of Chinese, Indian, Malaysian and Indonesian influences. Let’s discover top and places to eat in Singapore and top restaurants in Singapore with Living Nomads below.
- Top places to eat in Singapore — 5 must eat restaurants in Singapore
- Must eat food in Singapore — Top 14 must try & most Singapore famous food to eat in Singapore
- Cheap places to eat in Singapore — Top 9 best affordable restaurants in Singapore you should not miss
- Best view restaurants in Singapore — 15+ best restaurants in Singapore with a view
- Where is the best Hainanese chicken rice Singapore? — 10+ popular, famous & best chicken rice restaurant in Singapore
Even with some popular dishes such as crab with chilli sauce, chicken rice, dimsum or frog porridge,.. you have to eat at the right place to taste the standard and unique flavor.
With a multi-national culture, flavor of cuisine in Singapore is a blend of regions. You will recognize the familiar flavors from snacks sold on the streets of China, Malaysia, India …
Here are a few suggestions of specialty eateries of Lion Island for your pocket list before starting the journey.
1. Chilli Crab
Chilli crab ranked 35 out of 50 world’s most delicious dishes by CNN Go in 2011. As a dish named national spirit, your trip to Singapore will be a big miss if you do not eat this special seafood dishes. Spicy sweet sauce in Chinese style, tasty shrimp served with vegetarian dumplings will surely enchant your stomach.
Top 5 restaurants to eat chilli crab:
1. Long Beach MAIN Seafood Restaurant
Located next to Burger King ECP. This restaurant has 5 other branches.
- Address: 1018 East Coast Parkway, Singapore 449877
- Phone: +65 6445 8833
- Opening hours: 11AM–3PM,5–11PM
- Average price: 50 SGD ( about $ 37 USD)
2. No Signboard Seafood Restaurant @ Geylang
In addition, this restaurant has 4 other branches.
- Address: 414 Geylang Road, Singapore 389392
- Opening hours: 11:30AM –1:30AM
- Tel: +65 6842 3415
- Average price: 40-50 SGD(approximately 29-37 USD)
3. Jumbo Seafood
- Located in: East Coast Seafood Centre
- Address: 1206 East Coast Parkway #01-07/08 East Coast Seafood Centre, East Coast Seafood Centre, Singapore 449883
- Tel:+65 6442 3435
- Opening hours: Monday – Friday: 5PM -11:45PM, Sunday: 12PM – 0AM
- Average price: 50 SGD (about $ 37 USD)
4. Red House Seafood
- Located in: East Coast
- Address: Blk 1204, #01-05 East Coast Seafood Centre, East Coast Parkway, Singapore 449882
- Tel: +65 6442 3112
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri 12PM-11.30PM / Sat, at the weekend 10PM – 11:30PM.
- Average price: 40 SGD (about $ 29 USD)
5. Mellben Seafood
There is a another branch in 211 Payoh Lorong 8, Payoh.
- Address: # 01-1222, 232 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3
- Opening hours:4:30 – 11:30PM;
- Average price: 35 SGD ( about $ 26 USD)
2. Chicken rice
Chicken rice is originated from China and quite popular in Singapore. This dish is in the national airline of Singapore Airlines as a dish full of country’s identity. Chicken rice is sold all over the country, from hawker stalls, affordable restaurants, food court to the luxury restaurants.
Top places to eat chicken rice
1. Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Address: No. 1 Kadayanallur Street, # 01-10 Maxwell Food Centre.
- Opening hours: Tuesday – Sunday: 11AM – 8PM.
2. Wee Nam Kee Hainanese Chicken Rice Restaurant
- Address: 275 Thomson Road # 01-05 Novena Ville, Singapore 307 645
- Opening hours: 10AM – 0:30AM in the next morning.
3. Boon Tong Kee @ River Valley
- Address: 425 River Valley Rd, Singapore 248324
- Tel:+65 6736 3213
- Opening hours: 11AM – 4AM in the next morning.
4. Loy Kee Best Chicken Rice
- Address: 342 Balestier Rd, Singapore 329774
- Opeing hours: 9:30AM–10:30PM
- Tel: +65 6252 2318
- Located in: Mandarin Orchard
- Address: 333 Orchard Rd, Mandarin Orchard, Singapore 238867
- Opening hours: Mon-Thurs: 10AM – 1AM, Fri-Sat: 10AM – 2AM.
- Tel: +65 6831 6288
3. Kaya toast
Kaya toast is a popular breakfast dish of Singaporeans and is usually eaten with a cup of teh tarik tea (sweet milk tea) or a cup of warm milo. Kaya toast is made from eggs, sugar, coconut milk and coconut jam and apparently no restaurants here do not serve this dish.
Top addresses to eat the most delicious kaya toast
1. Ya Kun Kaya Toast @ Far East Square
- Located in: Far East Square
- Address: 18 China Street, #01-01, Far East Square, Far East Square, Singapore 049560
- Tel:+65 6438 3638
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri: 7:30AM – 7PM, in the weekend: 8AM – 6PM.
2. Killiney Kopitiam
- Address: 67 Killiney Road Singapore 239525, Singapore 239525
- Opening hours: 6AM–11PM
- Tel: +65 6734 3910
3. Nanyang Good Morning Cafe
- Address: Hong Lim Green Community Centre, 20 Upper Pickering Street Singapore 058 284.
- Opening hours: Mon- Fri: 7:30AM-7:30PM, in the weekend 8:30AM – 5:30PM.
4. Chin Mee Chin Confectionery
- Address: 204 E Coast Rd, Singapore 428903
- Opening hours: Tues – Fri: 8:30AM -4PM
- Tel: +65 6345 0419
5. Ah Tong Coffee Shop Open
- Address: 35 Keong Saik Rd, Singapore 089142
- Opening hours: 11AM – 2:30PM; 5:30PM – 10:30PM.
- Tel: +65 6223 5083
4. Char Kway Teow
Stir-fried Kuy Teav (Char Kway Teow) is a traditional dish of Singapore , made from flat-rolled wheat, fried with shrimp sauce, tamarind juice, bean sprouts , shallot, Chinese sausage and oysters. Char Kway Teow can be easily found in most food center in Singapore. Let choose oysters or shrimps to eat with a disk of hot Char Kway Teow to full your stomach in your journey.
Top places to taste Char Kway Teow
1. 18 Fried Kway Teow
- Address: 70 Zion Rd, Singapore 247792
- Opening hours:12:30–10PM
2. Meng Kee Char Kway
- Address: # 01-669 Xuan Wei Eating House 22 Havelock Road Singapore 160022
- Opening hours: Mon – Sat: 10:30AM – 7PM, Sun: 10:30PM – 4PM.
3. Hill Street Char Kway
- Address: Blk 16 Bedok South Road # 01-187 Bedok South Road Market & Food Centre
- Opening hours: Tues – Fri
4. Outram Park Fried Kway Teow
- Address: #02-17, 531A Upper Cross St, Singapore 051531
- Opening hours: Mon – Fri: 6AM – 4:30PM.
5. 91 Fried Kway Teow Mee
- Address: # 01-91 Golden Mile Food Centre, 505 Beach Road, Singapore 199 583
- Opening hours: Tues – Sun: 11AM – 9PM
5. Frog porridge
When the weather is cool or the rainy season starts, that is the most appropriate time to eat frog porridge – a simple dish but unforgettable in Singapore. The eateries of frog porridge open until midnight, throughout every corner in this country. Singapore frog porridge is divided into two distinct parts with one part is white porridge and the other part is frog soaked with unique salty and spicy taste.
Top famous places to eat frog porridge
1. Eminent Frog porridge @ Geylang
- Address: 323 Geylang Road Lorong 19, Geylang Conservation Area, S389359.
- Opening hours: 5:00PM – 3:30AM in the next morning.
- Tel: +65 9842 2941
2. Tiong Shian porridge Center
- Address: 265 New Bridge Road, Ann Kway Building
- Opening hours: 8AM – 4AM
3. G7 Sin Ma Live Seafood Restaurant
- Address: 161/163 Geylang Road Lorong 3, # 01-01 / 02 Geylang Conversation Area
- Opening hours: 5PM – 4AM
6. Bak Kut Teh
Bak Kut Teh is a soup originating from China, in the top of the must-try dishes here. This dish is cooked from pork ribs with herbs. Bak Kut Teh is served with rice or noodles with Youtiao (Chinese cruller). This Singaporean dish is usually flavored in the breakfast as its low-calorie.
Best places to eat Bak Kut Teh
1. Ng Ah Sio Pork Ribs Soup Eating House
- Address: 208 Rangoon Road, Hong Building Singapore 218453
- Opening hours: Tues-Sun: 7AM – 10PM,
2. Founder Rou Gu Restauran
- Address: 347 Balestier Road, Singapore 329 777, below New Orchid Hotel
- Opening hours: 12AM – 6PM
3. Song Fa Bak Kut Teh
- Address: 11 and 17 New Bridge Road # 01-01 Singapore 059 383
- Opening hours: 7AM -10PJM
4. Leong Kee (Klang) Bak Kut Teh
- Address: 321 Beach Road).
- Opening hours: Tues-Sun: 11AM – 9PM.
5. Outram Park Ya Hua Rou Gu Cha Restaurant
- Address: 7 Keppel Rd #01-05/07 PSA Tanjong Pagar Complex, Singapore 089053
- Opening hours: 7AM–3PM,6PM–4AM (Closed on Monday)
- Tel: +65 6222 9610
Satay grilled pork not only appears in Singapore, but across much of the Southeast Asian countries. Meat is sliced , put in the skewer, marinated tasty spices with slightly sweet and grill directly over red coals. Satay ranked 14 out of 50 of most attractive dishes on the planet voted by CNN GO in 2011.
Where to eat the most delicious satay?
1. Chomp Chomp Satay
- Address: 20 Kensington Park Rd, Singapore 557269
- Opening hours: 5PM–12AM
2. Haron Satay
- Address: No. 55, East Coast Lagoon Food Village, 1220 ECP, Singapore 468960
- Opening hours: 2PM – 11PM, closed on Monday
- Tel: +65 6441 0495
3. Kwong Satay
- Address: 549 Geylang Rd, Singapore 389504
- Opening hours: 5PM – 11PM
Dimsum (also called breakfast) is a type of Chinese cuisine, including light snacks, served for breakfast or snacks during the day. There is a total of 100 different dishes, made from rice flour, wheat flour, meat, seafood.
The famous dimsum dishes: shrimp dumpling, sparkling puller, dumpling, char siu, bread chives, fried taro cake, fried salmon puller, assorted rolls, pastries, assorted meatballs, chicken legs and porridge.
Top famous addresses to eat dimsum
1. Royal China Restaurant
- Address: 1 Beach Road, # 03-09 Raffles Hotel, Singapore
- Opening hours: Mon-Sun: 6PM – 10:30PM.
2. Asia Grand Restaurant
- Located in: Odeon Towers
- Address: 331 N Bridge Rd, #01-02 Odeon Towers, Odeon Towers, Singapore 188720
- Opening hours: Mon-Sat: 11:30AM – 2:30PM, 6:30 – 10:30PM, Sunday 10AM – 2:30PM, 6 – 10:30PM.
- Tel: +65 6887 0010
3. Yan Ting Restaurant
- Address: 29 Tanglin Road, The St. Regis Singapore, Level 1U, Singapore 247911
- Opening hours: 11:45AM – 2:30PM, 6:30PM – 10:30PM; weekend and holidays: 11:45AM – 3PM.
- Tel: +65 6506 6887
4. Summer Place Restaurant
- Address: 1 Cuscaden Rd, Singapore 249715
- Opening hours: Mon-Sat: 12AM – 2:30PM, Sunday 11:30AM – 2:30PM. Dinner 6:30PM – 10:30PM.
- Tel: +65 6725 3288
5. Peach Blossom Restaurant
- Address: 6 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Mandarin Level 5
- Opening hours: Lunch: 12AM – 3PM, dinner: 6:30PM – 11PM.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Singapore and from Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Private City Transfers between Singapore and Johor Bahru
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore All Day Pass
- The Singapore Pass
- [Klook Exclusive] 3 Hours Singapore City Tour
- Singapore Cityscapes Tour
- [Klook Exclusive] Sentosa Island Introductory Tour in Singapore
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.