Wee Nam Kee Hainanese chicken rice, Gong Cha, and Lao Ban Tofu create dining addresses which should be visited when traveling to Singapore. If you are in a divided mind as to which courses to choose in Singapore’s extensive menu, try the suggestions below, and surely you won’t be disappointed. Let’s explore Top places to eat in Singapore — 5 must eat restaurants in Singapore with Living Nomads below.
- Where to eat in Singapore — 8 must eat food in Singapore & best places to eat them
- Cheap places to eat in Singapore — Top 9 best affordable restaurants in Singapore you should not miss
- Must eat food in Singapore — Top 14 must try & most Singapore famous food to eat in Singapore
- Best cheap eats Singapore — Top 7 cheap but delicious foods & best places to eat them
- Singapore Chilli Crab — Best food which you must-try in Singapore
Wee Nam Kee Hainanese chicken rice
Considering the Singapore’s most famous and delicious Hainanese chicken rice restaurants, it is integral to name this. The whole Wee Nam Kee Chicken is cooked in the chicken broth with ginger and garlic. Rice is also cooked with fatty chicken broth, greasy; of which aroma makes grains soft as if they were melting in your mouth. “Recipes” for Wee Nam Kee Hainanese chicken rice are different from other brands in Singapore is its outstanding sauce, a mixture of spicy chilli sauce, yellow pasty ginger and silky, thick and less salty dark soy sauce with a perfect proportion.
- Address: 101 Thomson Road, # 01-08 United Square, Singapore 307 591
- Opening Hours: 10 am – 12:30 pm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Wee-Nam-Kee-Chicken-Rice-Restaurant
Milk tea drink is very popular in Singapore and the most common brand is Gong Cha. When milk tea craze first appeared here, only a few flavors were available for diners to choose. But currently, Gong Cha serves numerous kinds of milk tea which can suit every consumer group’ taste. Au Lait Mango Tea and Au Lait Strawberry Tea are the most favorite, however, if you want to try a different flavor, the lemon jelly fig Gong Cha tea is also an ideal choice.
- Address: Somerset # 01-37, # 02-39 SCAPE, central China Square # 01-56, # 01-36 10 Anson Road International Plaza, # B1-02 Orchard Central.
- Phone: +65 6457 7009
- Opening hours: 11:00 am – 22:00 pm
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gongchasg
- Website: http://www.gongcha.com.sg
Lao Ban Soya Beancurd
Made from fresh soy beans, what leads to the fame of Lao Ban is the soft and flexible layer. Right after the first spoon, smooth, aromatic and fleshy tofu will surely conquer any diners’ taste. So here is the snack visitors should not miss if you have a chance to visit Singapore.
- Address: No. 1 Kadayanallur Street, # 01-91 Maxwell Food Cente, No. 51 Old Airport Street, # 01-127 Food Center- Old Airport Street.
- Phone: +65 81812201
- Opening Hours: Tue – Sat: 11:00 am – 20:00 pm ; Sun: 13:30 pm – 20:00 pm
He Zhong carrot cake
He Zhong is the busiest carrot cake brand in Singapore. It consists of the rice cake flour and steamed white radish, then the cook in Zhong He fry like eggs. Then, he will add chye Poh (pickled radish) and mix together with garlic and eggs to serve customers.
- Address: #02-185, Bukit Timah Market and Food Centre, 116 Upper Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 588172
- Phone: +65 64685398
- Opening Hours: Daily: 07.00 am – 10.00 pm, Opens daily
Grilled Sambal Stingray
Stingray is very toxic but in Singapore, this is the raw material for very popular street food. Grilled Stingray derived from Malaysia but in Singapore, it is cooked in a unique way with the special chili sauce named sambal. Firstly, they squeeze a little juice of a lemon and sprinkle the fish with it to deodorize the fishy smell, while preventing fish from being dry. Then cook the fish and finally” water” the sambal sauce. The aroma of fish mingled with the spicy of sauce will make diners be tickled to death and want to eat to no end.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Singapore and from Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Private City Transfers between Singapore and Johor Bahru
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore All Day Pass
- The Singapore Pass
- [Klook Exclusive] 3 Hours Singapore City Tour
- Singapore Cityscapes Tour
- [Klook Exclusive] Sentosa Island Introductory Tour in Singapore
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.