With the location which is not far from Bangkok, Hua Hin is the ideal place for a relaxing trip to get back energy after a long day of tiredness by the hustle and bustle of the Thailand capital. This land possesses many beautiful beaches, water sports activities, bars, along with historical sites, golf courses, shopping malls and much more. All are waiting for those who love to explore and want to relax in the tropical atmosphere to come and experience. Let’s discover the beautiful, charming and vibrant destination through this Hua Hin travel guide and Hua Hin travel blog (Hua Hin blog) — The fullest guide for a budget trip to Hua Hin for the first-timers, with best places to visit, top things to do and experiences in Hua Hin with self-sufficient travel experience to feel the fullest place with Living Nomads below.
- Hua Hin places to visit — Top 10 best places to visit in Hua Hin, Thailand
- Hua Hin nightlife — Top 10 best places to discover fully nightlife in Hua Hin, Thailand
- Top things to do in Koh Phi Phi island — 10+ must, fun, cool & best things to do in Koh Phi Phi
- Top things to do in Krabi island — 8+ must, fun, cool & best things to do in Krabi
- Koh Lipe travel blog — The fullest Koh Lipe travel guide for first-timers
Hua Hin travel blog: When is the best time to visit Hua Hin?
The climate in Hua Hin is characterized by tropical, warmth all year round and less varied. The dry season starts in December and ends in May, this is the best time to visit Hua Hin, in the remaining months the weather is often rainy, especially in September.
The Hua Hin travel cost (#hua hin travel guide)
The cost of moving (hua hin travel blog)
To get to Hua Hin, you can fly to Bangkok and then from Suvarnabhumi Airport take a private taxi or shuttle bus to come to Hua Hin. The average price for direct trains from the airport is about 2000 baht. The advantage of this move is that it is very fast, only takes about 3 hours and a half, but the cost is quite high. Another option for you to travel from the airport is a high-quality bus for around 269 baht per person. If you travel by bus, you will take about 4 – 5 hours to go from Bangkok to Hua Hin.
Alternatively, you can take the train from Hualamphong (Bangkok) to Hua Hin. The train travel is quite cheap. It costs about 44 baht for per person for third-class tickets and 202 baht per person for first class tickets. However, travel time by train is relatively long, it takes about 5 to 6 hours.
Moreover, according to Hua Hin travel experiences self-sufficiency of many visitors, you can choose to move from nearby areas such as Koh Samui and Phuket. This is suitable for those who want to explore many places in Thailand on the same trip. From Koh Samui, a total of ferry tickets (from Koh Samui to the mainland) and train tickets to Hua Hin will cost between 500 – 1000 baht, depending on the class of your choice. In case you choose to travel from Phuket, you can choose to go by bus for around 500 baht.
Finally, when you arrive in Hua Hin, you can choose from a variety of facilities to explore this city. The most notable of these are the songthaew with fixed shuttles. Alternatively, you can also take a tuk-tuk or tricycle ride. However, with our self-sufficient Hua Hin travel experience, biking and walking are the best ways to explore this place (you can also ride a bike if you are bored).
The cost of food
Like most other tourist destinations in Thailand, Hua Hin is not very expensive. A full meal for two at a mid-range restaurant costs about 400 – 500 baht. The drinks are also priced at 40 – 60 baht/bottle. If you choose to eat at popular stores, the cost of meals will be even cheaper, about 100 baht (sometimes cheaper).
The cost of staying: Hua Hin accommodation budget tips
Hua Hin travel experiences self-sufficiency for those who are new to this land for the first time should choose the center of Hua Hin city. Although this place is quite crowded the price generally has a fairly stable, 400-500 thousand per night for the average guest house and about 1 million to 1.5 million if the star hotel. If you want to find a relaxing space with a spacious and quiet space should choose Cha Am or Pranburi, the price here is slightly higher 800 thousand or more.
Some tips for Hua Hin travel guide on a budget: Hua Hin self- sufficient travel experience to save cost
Book your ticket before you start the journey
To explore the beaches and places of interest in the Hua Hin area most fully, you should spend some time exploring before you start. With a range of recreational activities such as fishing, boating, skateboarding, elephant riding, massage, spa, cooking classes, trekking, biking, scuba diving and water sports. Prior to the ticket to participate in the game, the tour is online. This will save you time when you go to Hua Hin and also get better quality. Also, booking tickets online save you money, as online fares are usually much cheaper.
Hua Hin blog: Reduce travel costs
The quickest way to get to Hua Hin is to go straight from the airport. But if you take the taxi, the cost is very high, up to 2000 baht. Even if you choose to take a bus, it costs about 300 baht. Not to mention that if you go from the airport you still take quite a long wait. Therefore, to save time and money, you can go BTS or MRT to Victory Monument station (only take a few tens of baht) then take a minibus to Hua Hin. Tickets are only about 150 baht and 30 minutes is a trip.
Rent the means to explore Hua Hin
Actually walking is the most economical way, but if you want to move with long distance then the motorbike will be the best option. You can rent the means on the main street of Hua Hin City, rent is around 200 – 1000 baht, depending on the type of means you want to rent. Note that if you rent car remember to thoroughly examine and negotiate the price before renting.
Choose casual restaurants
As well as other famous tourist destinations in the world, large restaurants are sometimes not a good choice. In Hua Hin, you should choose popular restaurants or “sidewalks” to discover the rich cuisine of this region. The price for a meal of this kind is only about 100 baht but the local flavor is guaranteed to be impeccable.
Hua Hin blog: Where to stay in Hua Hin?
Hua Hin is famous for many 5 star hotels and very beautiful resorts. Hotels and restaurants in Hua Hin are more concentrated in the Soi 55 and Soi 69 areas. In addition there are many guesthouses with dorm rooms for over $10 per bed, two star Hua Hin hotels with prices from $20 / night.
Here are some of the most popular Hua Hin hotels with good reviews and ratings, you can refer to:
- Marrakesh Hua Hin Resort & Spa – 63/411 Petchakasem Road, Moo Baan Nong Kae, Hua Hin Beachfront – Lowest Room Rate from USD92. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Movenpick Asara Resort & Spa Hua Hin – 53 Hua Hin Soi 5 Prachuab Khirikhan, Hua Hin City center, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand – Lowest Rate From USD143. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Dusit Thani Hua Hin Hotel – 1349 Petchkasem Road, Cha-am, Petchburi 76120, Hua Hin Beachfront, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand – Lowest Rate From USD68. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
Mid-range and cheap hotels
- The Sea-Cret Garden Hua-Hin Hotel – 497 M.3 Hua-Hin, Hin Lek Fai, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand; with room rates from $74/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Lotus Villas & Resort Hua Hin – Soi 112, Tub Tai, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand; with room rates from $37/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com).
- Ayrest Hua Hin Hotel – 32/3 Hua Hin 10 Soi, Petchakasem Rd.,, Hua Hin City center, Hua Hi; with room rates from $39/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Banyan Resort Hua Hin – 68/34 Mooban Hua Na Phechkaseam Road, Tambol Nongkhae, Khao Takiab, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand; with room rates from $99/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Novotel Hua Hin Cha Am Beach Resort & Spa – 854/2, Burirom Road, Cha-am, Cha Am beachfront, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand; with room rates from $67/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
Hua Hin travel blog: Best places to visit, top and fun things to do in Hua Hin: Some experiences cannot be missed while visiting Hua Hin
Hua Hin Beach
Stretch along the west coast of Thailand, stretching from Petchaburi into Prachuap Khiri Khan district to the south is a row of beautiful beaches. You can enjoy the beach, sunbathe, sandy (white sand) or participate in swimming and water games. In addition, watching the sunset is one of the best “specialties” of Hua Hin.
Also known as the Summer Palace, this building was built in the Rama VI period and has quite unique architecture. More than 1,000 rods were used as pillars to avoid flooding, and the architect designed the place to cleverly connect the structures to ensure that the wind was everywhere in the palace.