Booking a hotel can make or break your vacation. If you choose the right place, you will “love at first sight” as soon as you set foot there. Otherwise, choosing the wrong hotel in the wrong place will probably make you tired and you will not really enjoyable in your trip. Where to stay in Hua Hin? Today, Living Nomads is excited to show you top 4 best places to stay in Hua Hin for your first trip to this beautiful beach city.
- 5 Days 4 Nights Bangkok Hua Hin Itinerary — What to do in Bangkok in 2 days & Hua Hin 3 days 2 nights itinerary
- Best homestay in Bangkok — Top 6 cool, cheap homestay in Bangkok & best hostels in Bangkok for solo travellers
- Best backpacker hostel in Bangkok — 10 best hostels in Bangkok for backpackers & solo travellers in city center
- Hua Hin food blog — Top 10 Hua Hin local foods & best places to eat them
- Where to stay in Phuket? — Top 10 best areas to stay in Phuket
Should you book a hotel in Hua Hin?
Peaceful and quite expensive but close to the center is characteristic of this area
The word “Hua Hin” is often used to refer to a wide range of stunning beaches along the west coast of Thailand, stretching from Petchaburi into PrachuapKhiri Khan district and then to the south. However, for simplicity, our guide focuses on Hua Hin town and nearby resorts.
Choosing this large area means you will have a chance to eat at the best restaurants in the area, experience nightlife and shopping. The sea will never be too far away, though it is not as calm as other places nearby.
Who is this place for?
- Those who like a holiday in the sea but not only enjoy under the sun, sand and sea
- Those who travel at the weekdays or weekends from Bangkok want to spoil theirself into the comfort
- Expatriates in Thailand and visitors looking for a modest dose of “nightlife.”
- Numerous luxury resorts near the town
- There are thousands of ways to go shopping, eat and experience nightlife
- Very easy access from Bangkok
- The sea is not as pristine as other seas in the south
- Pretty crowded and busy on weekends or holidays
- Overcharged when eating popular Thai dishes and seafood
Wannara Hotel Hua Hin
Address: 174/9 65 Hua Hin Tambon Hua Hin, Amphoe Hua Hin, Chang Wat Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110, Thailand
Phone: +66 32 532 244
InterContinental Hua Hin Resort
Address: 33/33 Petchkasem Road | Prachuabkhirikhan, Hua Hin 77110, Thailand
Phone: 00 1 877-859-5095
Should you book a hotel in Cha-Am?
For those who love the azura water of the sea, Sha-Am is truly the paradise for them.
Located just north of Hua Hin, Cha-am is known for its long unspoilt beach, nestled in the warm and calm waters of the Gulf of Thailand. The white sands here are so long that even now it still remains quiet and never overwhelmed, though a number of hotels are in front of the sea.
As a popular resort town, Cha-Am has a lot of fun activities on the sandy beach for you to choose from. In which, relaxing and sunbathing are still the most popular “activities” here. In the back of the sea is a region that is not as strongly developed as other coastal destinations. Some of the main destinations here are mostly religious sites or nature reserves.
Who is this place for?
- Families and couples want something quiet and peaceful
- The tourists with limited time (closer to Bangkok)
- Those who love the sea and privacy
- Long sandy beach near the center and rarely crowded
- It is a clever blend of lavish resort and guest houses at an affordable price
- It has the nearest resorts from Bangkok
- There are fewer attractions to visit, except for sandy beaches
- Not many activities at nighttime
Springfield Village Golf & Spa
Address: 208/1 Moo 2 Sampraya, Cha Am, Petchburi, 76120 Cha Am, Thailand
Phone: +66 2 231 2244
Veranda Resort and Spa
Address: 737/12 Mung Talay Road, 76120 Cha Am, Thailand
How about Khao Takiab?
For those who are adventurous and love exploring small towns, Khao Takiab is the right place for them to stay when coming to Hua Hin at the first time.
About 10 km south of Hua Hin town, Khao Takiab is just a tiny dot on the map, the picturesque fishing village of Khao Takiab is the home of a number of hotels and resorts for those who want to escape the hustle of life for a while.
The coast is defined by only one thing, which is a large cliff overhanging the ocean, known as “Chopstick Hill”. From here, you can see the vast beach and take a lot of nice shots for your Instagram. Don’t forget to climb up to discover the Buddha statue and a white bright temple at the top, and send greetings to some monkeys living in Khao Takiab.
Who is this place for?
- The fans of luxury resorts
- Anyone looking for relaxation
- “Chopstick Hill” gives you a hike with unique scenery and culture
- There are countless quality and quite affordable resorts
- White sand beach and quiet beach
- A lot of monkeys (for those who love animals)
- Not many places to shop, eat and enjoy the nightlife
- Quite inconvenient, requires 1 or 2 transfers when traveling from Bangkok via Hua Hin
Address: 14/56 petskasemroad soi 97 Khao Takiab Hua Hin, Khao Takiab, 77110 Hua Hin, Thailand
Ruenkanok Thaihouse Resort
Address: 46/4 Khao Takieb, Soi Pimporn, Hua Hin, Khao Takiab, 77110 Hua Hin, Thailand
Phone: +66 81 869 0796
Last but not least, what is special about Pranburi?
If you either love romance or exploration? Pranburi will offer you both!
Pranburi is definitely one of the most idyllic seaside resorts in the area, located about 30 km south of Hua Hin. It is all about the sun, the sea and the sand here, with its tranquil beaches surrounded by many luxurious resorts built not so long ago.
Actually, there is not much things to do in Pranburi, you just need a car or bike to get around and explore this tranquil place. There are a few “fishing village” (not busy) and impressive cliffs overlooking the sea. RoiYot Khao Sam National Park is also here too. You only have to drive a little to the south, separated from most hotels and resorts.
Who is this place for?
- Couples looking for a romantic hiding place
- People who “worship” the sea
- The rich guests can spend their nights in a private villa
- Miles of quiet beaches
- Beautiful natural scenery, especially near the national park
- Several world-class luxury resorts right on the sea
- Has a friendly and attractive local look
- Far from Bangkok than Cha-Am and Hua Hin
- Difficult to move around
- Dining and nightlife experiences are mostly in your hotel
- There are few shopping places
Pattawia Resort & Spa Hua Hin
Address: 9/21 Moo 5, Pak Nam Pran Beach | Pranburi, Pak Nam Pran, Pranburi 77220, Thailand
Phone: +66 81 434 0500
Sheraton Hua Hin Pranburi Villas
Address: 9/22 Moo 5 Tambol Paknampran, Prachuab Kirikhan, Pak Nam Pran, 77220 Pran Buri, Thailand
Hua Hin and its surrounding destinations are extremely attractive, but of course each zone will suit different types of people. Whether you are looking for a lively nightlife and restaurants in the downtown area or want to go to a separate place in Pranburi. Or, finding a place in the middle – not too far away – then our guide certainly brings you the answer.
Hua Hin accommodation
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Hua Hin you can refer to
- Private City Transfers between Hua Hin and Bangkok
- Hua Hin Custom Tour from Bangkok
- Hua Hin Private Car Charter
- Hua Hin Phra Nakhon Khiri & Hua Hin Railway Station Day Tour by AK Travel
- Hua Hin City Day Tour
- Hua Hin Santorini Park Day Tour by Yusabai
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Hua Hin travel guide and top things to do in Hua Hin: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Hua Hin travel blog — The fullest guide for a budget trip to Hua Hin, Thailand. And 5 days 4 nights Bangkok Hua Hin itinerary — What to do in Bangkok in 2 days & Hua Hin 3 days 2 nights itinerary.