Hua Hin is a peaceful land with beautiful natural scenery with clear blue beaches and white sand stretches for kilometers. This is a great place that attracts a lot of tourists to choose as a resort for their vacations. We have just returned from Hua Hin and would like to share our 3-day 2-night Hua Hin travel itinerary for those of you who are planning to come here. So, are you planning a trip to Thailand coastal city of Hua Hin for 3 days and still do not what to do for 3 days in Hua Hin? Let’s check out our suggested Hua Hin itinerary 3 days (Hua Hin Thailand itinerary) to help you maximize your trip to this beautiful destination as follows!
- 5 Days 4 Nights Bangkok Hua Hin Itinerary — What to do in Bangkok in 2 days & Hua Hin 3 days 2 nights itinerary
- Hua Hin travel blog — The fullest Hua Hin travel guide for first-timers
- Hua Hin food blog — Top 10 Hua Hin local foods & best places to eat them
- Where to stay in Hua Hin? — Top 4 best places to stay in Hua Hin for first timers
- Hua Hin places to visit — Top 10 best places to visit in Hua Hin, Thailand
When should you travel to Hua Hin? (#hua hin itinerary 3 days)
The Hua Hin climate is divided into 2 distinct seasons, the rainy season lasts from November to April, the dry season from May to October. So, you should come here in the dry season. The weather in the dry season is less rainy, the sea is calm, you can go to the sea to participate in water activities conveniently such as swimming, scuba diving or boating to explore the surrounding nature as well as basking in the sun.
How much money do you need to bring to Hua Hin for 3 days 2 nights? (#hua hin itinerary 3 days)
In Thailand, the circulation money is Baht, it is recommended that you should exchange to Baht in Vietnam before going to Thailand at reputable money exchangers. If you do not have time to exchange money before you go, you can also exchange money at Bangkok airports and ask at the tourist information counter at the airport for assistance.
To have a comfortable and complete but most cost-effective 3-day trip to Hua Hin, you should bring about $250 to $420 to cover expenses including round-trip airfare from Hanoi to Bangkok, from Bangkok to Hua Hin, rent for hotels, hostels, eating and traveling, sightseeing in Hua Hin. The time we went with 5 people, the total cost was less than $300.
How to get from Bangkok to Hua Hin? (#hua hin thailand itinerary)
From Vietnam, there is no direct flight to Hua Hin, Thailand, so to travel to Hua Hin itinerary for 3 days 2 nights as suggested below, you have to fly to Bangkok first then getting to Hua Hin later. According to our Hua Hin travel experience, we chose to take a flight of Vietjet Air to fly to Bangkok and then rent a private car round-trip from the airport in Bangkok to Hua Hin and vice versa at a cost of $65.67/person. It takes more than 3 hours to reach Hua Hin town from Bangkok. This is also a way of moving that is both cost-effective and safe. You can book a private car rental HERE like us to get great deals.
Where is the cheapest place to stay for 3 days in Hua Hin? (#hua hin thailand itinerary)
If your purpose trip is mainly for experiences, you should choose to stay at a homestay or a 2-star, 3-star hotels, instead of a luxury hotel. One thing we learned is that our stay at the hotel is often very short, only about 7 hours a day, so we just need a comfortable place to sleep. Hostels in Hua Hin are many, extremely affordable. We booked a room at the 2-star Victor Guesthouse (Agoda, Booking), a 5-minute walk from Hua Hin beach, with a private swimming pool in the guesthouse, clean and comfortable rooms.
Hua Hin is famous for many 5 star hotels and very beautiful resorts. Hotels and restaurants in Hua Hin are more concentrated in the Soi 55 and Soi 69 areas. In addition there are many guesthouses with dorm rooms for over $10 per bed, two star Hua Hin hotels with prices from $20 / night.
Here are some of the most popular Hua Hin hotels with good reviews and ratings, you can refer to:
Luxury hotels (#3 days in hua hin)
- Marrakesh Hua Hin Resort & Spa – 63/411 Petchakasem Road, Moo Baan Nong Kae, Hua Hin Beachfront – Lowest Room Rate from USD92. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Movenpick Asara Resort & Spa Hua Hin – 53 Hua Hin Soi 5 Prachuab Khirikhan, Hua Hin City center, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand – Lowest Rate From USD143. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Dusit Thani Hua Hin Hotel – 1349 Petchkasem Road, Cha-am, Petchburi 76120, Hua Hin Beachfront, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand – Lowest Rate From USD68. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
Mid-range and cheap hotels
- The Sea-Cret Garden Hua-Hin Hotel – 497 M.3 Hua-Hin, Hin Lek Fai, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand; with room rates from $74/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Lotus Villas & Resort Hua Hin – Soi 112, Tub Tai, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand; with room rates from $37/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com).
- Ayrest Hua Hin Hotel – 32/3 Hua Hin 10 Soi, Petchakasem Rd.,, Hua Hin City center, Hua Hi; with room rates from $39/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Banyan Resort Hua Hin – 68/34 Mooban Hua Na Phechkaseam Road, Tambol Nongkhae, Khao Takiab, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand; with room rates from $99/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Novotel Hua Hin Cha Am Beach Resort & Spa – 854/2, Burirom Road, Cha-am, Cha Am beachfront, Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand; with room rates from $67/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
Detailed Hua Hin itinerary 3 days 2 nights (#3 days in hua hin)
Day 1: Sam Phan Nam Floating Market – Black Mountain Water Park (#hua hin itinerary)
Starting our Hua Hin 3 days 2 nights itinerary, we departed from Bangkok to arrive at Hua Hin from 6am after taking a flight to Suvarnabhumi airport. Traveling by private car that we rented before, it only takes us about 3 hours to go to Victor Guesthouse to check-in and go to the room to unpack, arrange our belongings and rest for about 30 minutes before going to explore this beautiful land.
The first day we took a tuk-tuk to Sam Phan Nam floating market, here you will be overwhelmed by the bustling bustle of buyers and sellers in the market. In this market, the price of items, especially fruits, is only from $2 to $5. We bought some delicious fresh fruit to eat on the way back to the guesthouse.
Sam Phan Nam floating market
Address: Thap Tai Hua Hin Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110
We chose to have a meal at the guesthouse with traditional Thai dishes such as Pad Thai and spicy hot pot, advice for believers who can’t eat spicy foods is that you should tell the waiter to inform the chef cooks not too spicy in advance, otherwise Thai dishes always have a lot of chili. After lunch we had a break at the guesthouse.
At exactly 1:30pm, we rented a taxi to the Black Mountain Hua Hin water park. This is one of the famous water parks across Thailand. It has 9 fun water slides to play with and six different zones. From a wave pool that produces the highest waves in Thailand, to a 17-meter tower for slides with spiral slides, this water park is for all ages. Admission for adults was around $18.72/ticket, for children was $9.36/ticket (from 110cm to 140cm).
Black Mountain Hua Hin water park
Address: 1 Khao Hin Lek Fai 2, Hin Lek Fai, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110, Thailand
Hours: 11AM–7PM/Wednesday: Closed
After have fun at Black Mountain Hua Hin water park. We went back to the guesthouse to change clothes and shower and then hanging out at Hua Hin night market, the market is open from 5pm to 1pm. The night market in Hua Hin is not as large as in Bangkok but it is still full of stalls from the food area, clothing and souvenir area, stage area for local singers to perform on weekends, and below is the common dining area for visitors.
We enjoyed a lot of street food from seafood to unique local cakes such as grilled seafood, grilled fish with salt, grilled meat with vegetables, mango sticky rice, fried banana, Sang Kaya Fug Tong. Prices for these foods range from $1 to $5. We also bought one or two beautiful brocade clothes made by the locals here to give as gifts. The price of the shirt I bought was around $10 depending on your bargain ability, you can buy it at a cheaper price.
Hua Hin Night Market
Address: Hua Hin 72, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110, Thailand
Day 2: Swim at Hua Hin beach and visit Pala-U Waterfall
After a long day of fun until 1pm, our Hua Hin itinerary 3 days 2 nights starts at 8am, we change clothes and walk for about 5 minutes to go to Hua Hin beach to swim. Some people in our group also participate in scuba diving which was quite interesting. In addition to the same activities as us did, you can also take a scenic walk at the beach with whispering waves, long white sand, and clear blue water. The wonderful scenery here will definitely make you feel that it is not a regret when traveling to Hua Hin!
Had lunch at the guesthouse.
We rented a tuk tuk to go to Pala – U Waterfall (Address: GFQ7+6CV, Huai Sat Yai, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110, Thailand). This is a famous natural waterfall in Hua Hin with clear water, a pond full of fish. We followed the trail into the forest behind the waterfall. Hire a local to take you into the forest to explore the beautiful nature here, we encountered a lot of monkeys here. It will cost about $5 to hire someone to guide you through the jungle. According to my Hua Hin travel guide, you should wear forest shoes to avoid slipping and should apply insect repellent.
Join the camping organized by the guesthouse with a seafood buffet party at Hua Hin beach. Each buffer was around $10 per person.
Day 3: Explore Swiss Sheep Farm in Hua Hin and return to Bangkok
Continuing our Hua Hin itinerary 3 days 2 nights, on the third day we depart from the guesthouse at 7am, we go by private car rental from Bangkok to the Swiss sheep farm, the distance is about 32 km and it takes about 35 minutes for us to reach. Walk through a truly rural farm inspired by Switzerland’s picturesque farmlands and discover European architecture right here in Hua Hin. We bought entrance tickets first, so we didn’t have to wait in long lines outside the farm gate when we arrived. Here we participated for many activities such as horseback riding, feeding sheep, watching camels and rabbits and visiting the 3D library.
You can buy tickets to the farm HERE like us!
Swiss Sheep Farm
Address: RW8R+RQ2, ถนน เพชรเกษม, Khao Yai, Cha-am District, Phetchaburi 76120, Thailand
After visiting the Swiss sheep farm, we return to the guesthouse at 11am. Lunch at the hotel and then rest until 2pm and then check out of the guesthouse, we returned to Bangkok to fly back to Vietnam to end the trip to Hua Hin 3 days 2 nights.
Notes before you traveling to Hua Hin
Before you plan to travel to Hua Hin 3 days 2 nights, you should note a few things:
- You should exchange Thai baht first in Vietnam at reputable exchangers.
- If traveling by tuk tuk, you should bargain price in advance with the driver to avoid charge overprice.
- Bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent.
- In addition to eating at the hotels or hostel of your choice, you can also find some popular eateries in Hua Hin night market, the dishes here are quite rich and cheap. See what to eat in Hua Hin here.
Through my sharing about my trip to spend 3 days in Hua Hin, I hope to help you gain more knowledge and experiences before you set foot in this beautiful land and will have your own meaningful Hua Hin itinerary.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Hua Hin you can refer to
- Private City Transfers between Hua Hin and Bangkok
- Private City Transfers between Hua Hin and Bangkok by Thai Rhythm
- Hua Hin Private Car Charter
- Private Suvarnabhumi Airport Transfers (BKK) for Hua Hin by Thai Rhythm
- Private Vana Nava Waterpark Hua Hin Transfers from Bangkok
- Private Don Mueang Airport Transfers (DMK) for Hua Hin by Thai Rhythm
- Private Suvarnabhumi Airport Transfers (BKK) for Bangkok, Pattaya & More by Oriental Holiday
- Hua Hin Custom Tour from Bangkok
- Hua Hin Phra Nakhon Khiri & Hua Hin Railway Station Day Tour by AK Travel
- Hua Hin City Day Tour
- Hua Hin Santorini Park Day Tour by Yusabai
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Hua Hin travel guide and top things to do in Hua Hin: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Hua Hin travel blog — The fullest guide for a budget trip to Hua Hin, Thailand. And 5 days 4 nights Bangkok Hua Hin itinerary — What to do in Bangkok in 2 days & Hua Hin 3 days 2 nights itinerary.