Located in the northeast and far away from the capital Kuala Lumpur approximately 300km, Cameron Highlands is likened as a woman dreaming in lush forests and vast tea plantations in Malaysia.
- Cameron Highlands travel blog — The fullest travel guide & what to do in Cameron Highlands for first-timers
- Yellowstone travel blog — My trip to Yellowstone, the first national park in the world
- Exploring Hang En Waterfall — A silver strip of silk amid the jungle of Kon Chu Rang
- Alishan autumn 2023 — Where to go & what to do in Alishan in the fall?
- Japanese waterfall — Top 10 most beautiful waterfalls in Japan in autumn
When it comes to Malaysia, visitors will think of Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Melaka … but there are many other destinations in Malaysia that have yet to be found. If you are looking for a quiet place to be immersed in nature, then Cameron Highlands is the ideal place for you.
Cameron Highlands is a district in the province of Pahang, is located at an altitude of 1,500 meters and away from Kuala Lumpur over 4 hours by bus.
It is likened as Dalat in Vietnam with a cool climate all year round, mild weather, suitable for a wide variety of temperate flowers.
Cameron Highlands is one of the largest hills of Malaysia, and also a long-life tourist destination. Cameron is well known for the trails leading you through the vast forests, to waterfalls and other tranquil destinations.
The fresh air and the fertile land make tea in Cameron Highlands thrives and quickly popular.
Coming to the tea plantation in Cameron Highlands, visitors will feel lost in a countryside in England. The houses with a beautiful English-style architecture are the base for travelers to visit and take a vacation here.
Another exciting thing in Cameron Highlands is that visitors also have a chance to saw strawberry gardens cared carefully with laden strawberry beams.
As one of the rare areas in Malaysia that have weather conditions to plant strawberries, the farms here are sources which provide strawberries to the provinces and cities in Malaysia.
Another activity that you should not ignore is enjoying tea and scones – this is regarded as a traditional English culture preserved in this highlands.
Besides the tea plantations and strawberry farms, the colorful Lavender Garden is a no less attractive attraction of Cameron.
No need to travel to western countries, you can admire the lavender fields within the Southeast Asia region. This is wonderful, isn’t it?.
Best time to visit Cameron Highlands
The climate in Cameron Highlands is cool and refreshing all year round, but an ideal time for you to come here is from December to February when the temperature can be lower to 10 degrees C.
How to get to the Cameron Highlands
Cameron Highlands is approximately 300 km from Kuala Lumpur. Visitors can get there by bus, minivan, taxi, …
From Kuala Lumpur, the bus departs from Pudu Sentral to Tanah Rata. Bus fares range from 35-37RM. The buses depart daily and the earliest bus is at 8:30 am. Depending on the vehicle, it will take 3-5 hours.
By Minibus (minivan of the tourist company)
The tourist company has small-sized tourist vehicles to take visitors to Cameron Highlands.
The minivan from Kuala Lumpur will pick visitors up at Swiss Inn, Jl. Sultan, Chinatown. Departing at 12 am daily, it takes 4.5 hours.
The minivan from Penang picks visitors up at Georgetown. Departing at 8 am daily.
There are no direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Cameron. You have to fly from Kuala Lumpur to the iPod, and from the iPod, you take a bus to Cameron (1 hour). However, this way requires a lot of time, and the price is not cheap.
Where to stay in Cameron Highlands?
Cameron has a lot of hotels and apartments in the 2 centers of the city – Tanah Rata and Bring Chang. While Brinchang area has many apartments, Tanah Rata has many guesthouses. If you go in a large group, you should choose the apartment because the price is fairly cheap, and the apartments are clean and comfortable.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to from Kuala Lumpur you can refer to
- Private Airport Transfers (KLIA/KLIA2) for Kuala Lumpur
- Shared Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Transfers for Kuala Lumpur
- Premium Private Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Transfers
- Private Transfer between Genting Highlands and Kuala Lumpur Airport (KLIA/KLIA2)
- Shared Bus Transfers between Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 and KL Sentral by AeroBus
- Kuala Lumpur Half Day City Tour
- KL Pass in Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur City Full Day Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Suburbs and Batu Caves
- Kuala Lumpur Food Experience
- KL Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Pass (24/48 Hours)
- Genting Highlands Day Trip
- KL TravelPass (Metro Card) in Kuala Lumpur
- [SALE] 4G Prepaid SIM Card (MY Airports Pick Up) for Malaysia
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for Malaysia
Are you looking for more Kuala Lumpur travel guide and top things to do in Kuala Lumpur: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Kuala Lumpur blog (KL blog) — The fullest guide for a budget trip to Kuala Lumpur And Kuala Lumpur 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Kuala Lumpur?