Jeju island in this season is very beautiful, cool weather and suitable for sea and island activities. If you are planning to go to Seoul, then I recommend you should extend the itinerary to explore the romantic Jeju Island because once applying for Korean VISA is a difficult one, why don’t we play for worth the money. Are you worrying that the cost of going to Jeju will exceed the budget? Do not worry, I will suggest you a self-sufficient travel itinerary to explore Seoul and Jeju Island in 5 days at an affordable cost. The cost issue will no longer be a problem. So, are you planning to travel to Seoul and Jeju but not sure the itinerary and trip costs? Let’s explore the Seoul and Jeju with Living Nomads in 5 days (Seoul and Jeju itinerary 5 days, Seoul Jeju itinerary for 5 days) with the detailed estimate costs below to to help you have a great trip without burnt your wallet.
- South Korea itinerary 8 days — How to spend 8 days in Korea (8 days itinerary in Korea) perfectly?
- Bomnal Cafe Jeju review — Check-in & virtual living at the super beautiful Bomnal Jeju coffee shop
- Gogung Bibimbap Insadong review — Tasting the famous Bibimbap mixed rice at Gogung Insadong restaurant
- Best black pork in Jeju — Tasting the super delicious specialty “Black Pork” on Jeju island
- Seoul itinerary 6 days — How to spend 6 days in Seoul on a budget perfectly?
Seoul and Jeju itinerary 5 days: The preparing costs for the trip
- Korean VISA, you can self apply or ask for service. I recommend you choose the Klook’s quick and convenient VISA application service, I am a loyal customer because every time I go to Korea is ask the help from Klook. Cost of applying for VISA by service: $95 (discounted 10% from $105).
- Air tickets from Vietnam to South Korea: Remember to watch the time to hunt cheap airline tickets of airlines like Vietjet, T’way, Asiana or Korean Air… The cost of buying tickets at a good price is $260/round trip.
- Of course, 4G SIM card is necessary for survival in Korea, LOL. Without “Google sister,” we’d be so lonely, haha. Buying a 4G sim card at Klook costs $5. If you traveling in a group, you should rent a pocket wifi device with unlimited data access, only $2.16/day. With a Seoul and Jeju itinerary 5 days costs only $10.81 and surfing the web smoothly.
- T-money multi-function card to paying for tickets when taking the subway, bus, … or shopping at convenience stores. Price of $2.51. You can also top-up at the subway stations or convenience stores.
- Accommodation: I recommend you to stay in hostel to save the cost. Rest assured that the hostel is still good to stay and comfortable. The estimated cost of 2 nights in Seoul is $35, 3 nights in Jeju is $45. A list of great hostels and dorms in Seoul you can refer to.
- The cost of eating and drinking is estimated at $25/day. If you spend 5 days in Seoul Jeju itinerary, the cost of eating is about $130. I think with this money, eating is already quite comfortable. This cost may be lower or higher depending on your choice. See more the list of delicious food that you should try in Seoul.
- The cost of taking the subway to getting to other tourist attractions (except for the costs listed in the article), estimated: $65.
Seoul Jeju itinerary: Day 1
- Take a flight in the early morning and getting to the hotel to check in. The cost of moving from the airport to downtown Seoul by AREX train is $6.85, buying the AREX train ticket at Klook discount 14%, only $5.6 only.
- Renting Hanbok and visit the Gyeongbokgung Palace. If you wear the traditional Hanbok costume, you will be free entrance to visit Gyeongbokgung. Hanbok rental cost $6.79/day.
- Visit Namsan tower (N Seoul Tower). Combo tickets to visit Namsan tower purchased at Klook have discounted 25% is $4.85.
- Walking, playing and eating street food in Myeongdong. This place is a paradise for playing and shopping for young people, if you want to shopping, you should prepare more money, LPL.
Seoul and Jeju itinerary 5 days: Day 2
- Go to Everland theme park. This is an extremely famous theme park, definitely have to invite each other to explore this amusement park, guys, it’s so much fun and really, once visited, you don’t want to come back, haha. The entrance ticket price is 50,000 won. But Klook has a combo Everland entrance tickets and and round trip shuttle bus service for only $36.
- Evening: Watching street music performances, slightly chill in Hongdae is also the end of the day 2.
Seoul and Jeju itinerary 5 days: Day 3
- Traveling from Seoul to Jeju: There are many ways from Seoul to Jeju, such as airplanes, ferry… I have hunted one-way air tickets from Seoul to Jeju for only about $45.
- Sightseeing and taking photos at Camellia Hill. Tickets to visit Camellia Hill at KKday are only VND 123,000, cheaper than buying directly, without having to stand in line.
- Visiting O’sulloc tea plantations and museum. Free entrance fee, prepare money if you plan to shop here.
- Evening: Strolling the Seogwipo Maeil Olle Market at night.
Seoul and Jeju itinerary 5 days: Day 4
- Watch the sunrise at Seongsan Ilchulbong peak.
- Visit the Teddy Bear Museum. Tickets to visit Teddy Bear Museum purchased at Klook are only $8.
- Experience Zorbing rolling downhill. The cost of buying game tickets $22.5. It’s really fun to play, once you play, you want to play again.
- Walking and watching the sunset on the sea.
- Shopping at Tapdong Street in the evening. For details about this neighborhood, see here.
Seoul Jeju itinerary: Day 5
- Visit the Hallasan volcano mountainous area.
- Visit the Aqua Planet Jeju Aquarium. Tickets to visit the aquarium purchased at Klook cost $27.25.
- Go to the airport to return to Vietnam.
We have finished the 5-day trip to explore Seoul and Jeju Island with a total cost of $825 for each person. For me, the cost of such an “enjoy” trip is worth it, because we eat and play a lot. But there are some valuable experiences that we have learned after the trip, hope you do not make.
If you are going to visit many famous places, you will have to spend much money to buy entrance tickets, so we recommend you should buy Discover Seoul Pass (a multifunction card) because with this card, you will get free entrance tickets to many famous tourist attractions. Find out more about free and discounted attractions with the Discover Seoul Pass card here.
On Jeju Island, places to visit and play are often far apart, transportation can only be by bus or taxi but it takes a long time. So you can refer to the one-day tours to discover Jeju East Coast or Jeju West Coast based on the places you want to go, so there will be a shuttle bus pick up you, avoid waiting and headache for traveling but convenient and saving more time. At Klook, there are many interesting one day tours, you can refer here. Or if you do not like tour, you can rent a private car within 8 hours to be able to freely explore Jeju Island as you want.
Wish you have a happy trip with friends and relatives, take lots of memorial pictures and sharing with Living Nomads. Happy traveling!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)