The festival season is getting closer day by day, spring is the best time to visit Taipei to watching cherry blossoms, right? In order for the trip to Taipei “smoothly”, the first “warm-up” steps at Taoyuan airport must be “smooth”. Those who the first time come to Taipei will surely be surprised at this “super huge” airport and will take quite a lot of time struggling to find the way and means of transportation. So today Living Nomads will share what to do as soon as you set foot at the airport and how to move from the airport to Taipei city for your reference. So, how to get from Taoyuan Airport to Taipei (how to get to Taipei city from Taoyuan Airport)? Let’s check out our guide on how to how to travel from Taoyuan Airport to Taipei including how to travel from Taoyuan Airport to Taipei main station to find out the answer!
- How to get around Taipei? — 3 best way to get around Taipei & how to go around Taipei?
- How to go to Jiufen from Taipei? — 3 best ways on how to get to Jiufen and Shifen from Taipei
- Taipei Hop on Hop off bus review — How to spend 1 perfect day on a sightseeing bus around Taipei, Taiwan?
- Where to shop in Taipei?— 10 top shopping malls & best shopping places in Taipei
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — How to spend 3 days in Taipei perfectly but not for Lazies
Some things you should do as soon as you set foot at the Taoyuan airport
To explore Taipei easily, your phone must be constantly connected to the Internet. Therefore, after completing the entry procedures, please stop by the counter to buy a 4G sim card (suitable for you traveling alone) or rent a pocket Wifi transmitter (super economical option if you go in groups) because the rental price is very cheap for one device and can broadcast for many people to use it at the same time). In addition, the “holy” Taipei Transport Fun Pass card is a must-have for traveling by train in Taiwan. This card can also be used to buy goods in convenience stores.
How to travel from Taoyuan Airport to Taipei Main Station: By train
MRT is a fast, comfortable and economical way to travel in Taiwan. From Taoyuan Airport to downtown Taipei (and vice versa) there is a pink-purple MRT Airport line. Like other MRT lines, you can use the iPass card to “swipe”. Traveling from the airport to the last station in central Taipei costs NT$ 160, which takes about 50 minutes. The train stops at many stations and ends at the Taipei main station, so make sure you check your hotel location closest to this station to get off the right station. Below is a diagram of the train stations that this train route passes through.
How to get from Taoyuan Airport to Taipei by bus
If you want to see Taipei City on the way back from the airport, you can choose the Kuo-kuang bus number 1819 – the “holy” bus that goes straight from the airport to Taipei Main Station in downtown Taipei. The bus fare is NT$125/one way, the travel time to Taipei Main Station is 50 minutes. The bus stop is located at B1 basement in the airport campus. Bus tickets can be purchased at Kuo-kuang ticket counter, pay via cash or visa cards are okay. After buying the tickets, you just find the column number 9 that written the bus number 1819 and queued for get on. There is a bus every 15 minutes, so you don’t worry about waiting for a long time.
You can book in advance Taoyuan Airport (TPE) Kuo-Kuang Round Trip Bus Tickets in Taipei.
How to get to Taipei city from Taoyuan Airport: Rent a private car
If you’re traveling in a large group or taking a midnight flight, you can also choose to rent a private car. The transfer service will pick up you right at Arrival Hall at Taoyuan airport, take you straight to the hotel. Of course, rent a private car is the most convenient, not waste your time to waiting for trains or buses, no need to pull luggage to get to the hotel, no need to wait for the train to stop at many stations with the fastest traveling time among all means of transportation (about 30-40 minutes to reach the hotel), and you also have opportunity to see the city from the car. Just sit in the car to listening your favorite music playlist, the rest is already taken care of by the driver. This is the reservation link for your reference. There are 2 types of cars with 3 seats and 7 seats with prices ranging from $26 to $60 depending on the time of pick up and drop off.
If you go in a large group, it will benefit greatly, with sharing costs for each person about $5 – $10.
Instructions for booking: Go to the link above to select pick-up date and time and pay. After payment is completed you will receive a confirmation letter via email. Please save to your phone and then wait until the departure date, the driver will actively contact and pick you up on time.
You can book in advance here:
- [SALE] Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.