Taiwan is no longer a strange destination for tourists all over the world because it is a paradise of bubble milk tea, bustling streets with all delicious dishes, many virtual living places to check-in that have never been out of hot. And Taipei is also the tourist symbol of Taiwan waiting for us to explore. Because Taipei has many best places to visit, many wonderful areas for shopping but time is tight, so I tried to spend an afternoon wearing headphones, sitting on a Taipei sightseeing bus to admire and explore the whole city. So, how to spend 1 perfect day on a sightseeing bus around Taipei. Let’s check it out our Taipei hop on hop off bus review with the details of hop on hop off Taipei route map (Taipei sightseeing bus map), schedule (timetable) to find out the answer!
- How to get around Taipei? — 3 best way to get around Taipei & how to go around Taipei?
- How to go to Jiufen from Taipei? — 3 best ways on how to get to Jiufen and Shifen from Taipei
- How to get from Taoyuan Airport to Taipei? — 3 best ways on how to get to Taipei city from Taoyuan Airport
- Taipei itinerary 3 days — How to spend 3 days in Taipei perfectly but not for Lazies
- Shilin Night Market blog — What to eat at Shilin Night Market Taipei?
Taipei hop on hop off bus review: Where to buy Hop On – Hop Off bus tickets?
First, you can book Taipei sightseeing bus tickets with a fixed schedule of going around Taipei through travel agents such as Klook at cheaper price than buying at ticket counters, you also will not be afraid of running out of seat. Or you can buy directly at the website of the bus company, here. Especially I love this bus because it is painted red and has double-decker for you to live virtual freely, so deep.
Book tickets and payment is completed, you will receive an electronic voucher via mail, at the departure point, just give this email to redeem the tickets.
There are four types of tickets: 24 Hours Pass (Price: $600); 48 Hours Pass (Price: $1000); 4 Hours Pass (Price: $300) and Daytime Ticket (Price: $500). During the ticket validity period, you can use unlimited number of bus routes, get on and off and change the routes as you want. I chose the 4-hour ticket because I only wanted to visit Taipei in the afternoon. Details of the types of tickets you refer here.
Taipei hop on hop off bus review: Essential information of Taipei Hop on – Hop off bus around Taipei city.
Bus routes are divided into two main routes: Red Line and Blue Line.
Taipei sightseeing bus route (Taipei hop on hop off bus route)
- Red Route: Ximending – Longshan Temple – Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall – Yongkang Street – Da’an Forest Park – Taipei 101 – Sun Yat–sen Memorial Hall.
- Blue Route: Ximending – Taipei Fine Arts Museum – Shilin Night Market – Shilin Official Residence – National Palace Museum.
You can refer to the latest route updates here: https://www.taipeisightseeing.com.tw/en/router
Bus operating time
Red Line: 9:10AM – 8PM.
Blue Line: 9:40AM – 4:40PM.
Below is a detailed schedule of each bus route. You can also update directly here: https://www.taipeisightseeing.com.tw/en/home/timetable
Taipei Main Station MRT (Exit M4).
Every 30-40 minutes there is a trip.
Look up arrival time of buses (updated continuously)
That day I chose the Blue Line because It will passes the Taipei Fine Arts Museum that I intended to get there for taking photos.
Because I want to sit on the top floor to breathe fresh air and virtual live freely, so I chose to go in the afternoon, about 4:30PM is nice time to boarding, both watching Taipei at sunset and watch the city lights up, very exciting.
Don’t worry it will rain, because the staff will always prepare umbrellas for you and outdoors tarpaulin canvas rain cloth waterproof for heavy rain. But I also suggest you should see the weather forecast in advance to enjoy the bus trip comfortably.
Taipei sightseeing bus route: Here are the famous attractions that the Hop On Hop Off bus will pass.
Red Line: Ximending – Longshan Temple – Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall – Yongkang Street – Da’an Forest Park – Taipei 101 – Sun Yat–sen Memorial Hall.
Blue Route: Ximending – Taipei Fine Arts Museum – Shilin Night Market – Shilin Official Residence – National Palace Museum.
The special thing of this bus route is that it passes famous attractions, every 30 minutes there is another bus trip running through the stop point so you can freely live virtual at every attraction. If you are lazy to get off the bus, you can take a seat by the window, turn on the so deep music, enjoy and observe Taipei until you are bored, get off like me, LOL.
In addition, the bus also has headset for you to listen to presentations about attractions in English. Children under 6 years old are free tickets. You can preview the Audio Guide here: https://www.taipeisightseeing.com.tw/en/lbs/location.
Again, resend the link to book Taipei Hop on Hop off here, have a great bus trip and collect all the virtual live photos for a month.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.