Are you planning a trip itinerary to Singapore for 3 days (3 days in Singapore)? Let Living Nomads suggest a very detailed and budget Singapore travel itinerary 3 days (3 days 2 nights Singapore itinerary, itinerary Singapore 3d2n, Singapore 3 days 2 nights, Singapore itinerary 3 days budget) including hotel tips, airline tickets, and logical sightseeing places for each day of your discovery. Surely you will have a wonderful vacation for 3 days 2 nights in Singapore. Now, check out our Singapore itinerary 3 days on how to spend and what to do in Singapore for 3 days perfectly?
- How to travel cheap in Singapore? — 3 best way on how to travel around Singapore & cheapest way to get around Singapore
- Singapore Malaysia 5 days itinerary — What to do & suggested 5 days 4 nights Singapore Malaysia itinerary
- Singapore family itinerary — The pefect suggested Singapore 4 day itinerary for family with kids
- Adventure Cove Waterpark Singapore review — What to do & how to get to Adventure Cove Waterpark?
- Michelin Star restaurant Singapore street food — 5 cheap Singapore 1 star Michelin street food stalls you definitely must-try
Fly from Vietnam to Singapore
The first thing you need to do is to book a flight to Singapore, because your trip itinerary is quite tight so you need to book the ticket to depart on the 1st day on early morning and book the return ticket at late evening of the last day to take advantage of time for traveling and playing. Airlines serving direct flights from Vietnam to Singapore such as Jetstar, Scoot, VietJet Air and Vietnam Airlines.
Where to stay?
Tips for booking hotel for 3 days 2 nights in Singapore is that you should choose the hotels near the MRT stations if you want to convenient for traveling around the city by public transport, you are assured of the quality, ensure that public transport here is comfortable, clean and very easy to go.
The areas of Clarke Quay (Riverside), Chinatown, Little India & Bugis are popular places to stay for backpackers, solo travelers and budget travelers.
Want to be more comfortable, you can look for mid-range hotels or luxury hotels in Orchard Road, Marina Bay, Promenade/City Hall & Sentosa Island.
We suggest some good budge hostels to stay in Singapore you can refer to: Where to stay in Singapore on a budget? — 7 affordable, best budget hostel in Singapore & cheap hostels in Singapore for tourists.
In addition, you can refer to one of the best Airbnb in Singapore: Cosy Studio Apartment 2 at Heritage Tiong Bahru at $70/night or Boat Quay Studio Premium Apartment with River View at $69/night.
–> Airbnb link discount up to $35 for the first booking here: https://www.airbnb.com/c/anht5185
What to prepare for 3 days in Singapore?
Before picking up your backpack and go, you need to prepare and carry the necessary supplies for the trip.
Admission & sightseeing tickets: In Singapore there are plenty of free entertainment spots and have to buy tickets, if you don’t want to worry and have to line up at the ticket counter and sometimes have trouble with money or language problems, do not know where to buy tickets & tours exactly, you can book tickets online, more convenient and also receive preferential prices when buy combo online. Please check the ticket information carefully and refer to the combo ticket to save money.
Accommodation: You need to have confirmation of the reservation before coming to check in hotel, and should book as soon as possible to receive the preferential price, sometimes the price will change more expensive if you book near the date of departure.
What you need to bring: Umbrellas and raincoats, sun-blocking items such as sunscreen, hats, coats, etc., so prepare lightweight, comfortable clothes and quality sneakers because you will walk a lot.
Passport: Valid passport with a validity period of 6 months. Vietnamese passport holders do not need a Singapore entry visa.
Detailed itinerary for 3 days 2 nights in Singapore
The Singapore itinerary 3 days (itinerary Singapore 3d2n, 3 days 2 nights Singapore itinerary) is suitable for those visiting the oustanding tourist attractions in Singapore including Universal Studios Singapore, Sentosa, Gardens By The Bay, Chinatown & Merlion.
You can adjust, modify or change activities and times based on your travel style, schedule, and destinations you love the most.
The suggested itinerary below of Living Nomads for your reference and you can change the time and places to suit your travel needs.
|Day 1||Gardens by the Bay, Merlion & Singapore River|
|Fly to Singapore|
|10AM||Arrival at Singapore Changi Airport|
|11:30AM||Lau Pa Sat Food Court|
|12:30PM||Merlion Park & Singapore River|
|3PM||Gardens by the Bay|
|7:45PM||Garden Light & Sound Show|
|9:30PM||Marina Bay Sands Light & Water Music Show|
|Day 2||Universal Studios Singapore & Sentosa|
|9:30AM||Universal Studios Singapore|
|4PM||Sentosa Island attractions|
|7:30PM||Wings of Time Show|
|Day 3||Chinatown & Shopping|
|3PM||Check out and going to the airport|
|3:30PM||Arrval at the airport, Check in and fly to Vietnam|
It is a summary itinerary of Living Nomads, please read on the 3 days 2 nights Singapore itinerary (singapore travel itinerary 3 days) with detail instructions as follow!
Singapore itinerary 3 days — Day 1: Gardens by the Bay, Merlion Park & Singapore River
Enjoying the first day of arriving in the lion kingdom is learn about the history of Singapore and the modern streets.
Fly to Singapore
You should book a flight as soon as possible to maximize your playing time here. All flights to Singapore are landing at Changi International Airport (SIN).
10am: Arrive at Singapore-Changi Airport
- Step 1: Do entry procedures at the Singapore customs counter.
- Step 2: Get checked baggage (if any) and check baggage inspection at customs.
- Step 3: Exchange cash into Singapore dollars or withdraw cash at an ATM.
- Step 4: Buy a SIM card/pocket WIFI at the counters as instructed. Buy your SIM card here.
Google Maps is an application that will be used regularly if you are traveling self-sufficient, this application has very convenient features, helping you plan specific routes and public transportation for each route.
Google Maps will show all the train/bus routes in Singapore and estimates travel time. So do not forget to download this app immediately for your smart phone because during the journey to explore Singapore, you will have to use it regularly to avoid getting lost and choosing the right vehicle for you.
Remember, the directions feature only works if internet access is successful, so you’ll need to buy a tourist SIM card, rent a pocket WiFi device or use a roaming data plan from your phone network provider.
Geting from Singapore airport to city center/hotel
There are many options for you such as train, grab, taxi, private transfer service, airport shuttle bus or public bus.
Step 1: Go to the MRT station at Changi Airport in the basement between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
From Terminal 1, you catch the free Skytrain subway to Terminal 3 and you continue walking to the MRT station at Changi Airport.
From Terminal 4, in addition to Skytrain, you can also use the free airport shuttle service at Terminal 2 and continue walking to the MRT station at Changi Airport.
Step 2: Buy an EZ-Link card or a Singapore Tourist Pass.
These two types of cards are very convenient and economical when using public transport, you just need to swipe the card to the machine at the entrance gate. But the Singapore Tourist Pass is more suitable because of unlimited travel times.
Step 3: Take the MRT from Changi Airport to the subway station closest to your hotel. The one-way ticket price of an EZ-Link card for adults is about S$1.75 to S$2 per person. Travel time is 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Depart at the MRT station at Changi Airport (CG2). Follow the green directions, “East West” direction on the map (towards Tanah Merah). You can take any trip because the end of the trip is at Changi airport Station.
EZ-Link Card: The card will demands an amount (prepaid) and will automatically deduct the charges when you use travel by train and bus in Singapore. EZ-Link cardholders will enjoy up to 30% off compare to the regular fare when using.
This card is sold at Changi Airport station counter or any major metro station in the city.
Starting price is S$12/card, including S$7 being card deposit and the remaining S$5 will not be refunded. You can top up at any 7-Eleven store and note, 1 card can only be used for 1 person.
You can also use Singapore Travel Card (NETS FlashPay) instead of EZ-link card, refer and buy here.
Singapore Tourist Pass: A card that can be used for unlimited trips on trains and buses and without having to pay any other fees. Price to use for 1 day is S$10, S$15 for 2 days and S$20 for 3 days. You should buy this pass if have to travel a lot.
Refer to other pass
By taxi or using a ride-sharing service
Taxi service counters are located on every floor of the terminals. A trip to the city takes about 30 minutes and costs from S$20 to S$40.
A better way for you is to use the Grab service which is more convenient and often cheaper. You can download this app for your smart phone and check the distance traveled to estimate how much it costs.
By private transfer service
Book an online airport shuttle service to and from Singapore Airport to the hotel. Vehicles can carry a maximum of 3, 5 or 9 people. You can also hire Klook’s private car charter service, which is convenient and saving a lot of time, and the travel cost is not too expensive if you go with a large group. You can refer to and book these services as follow:
- Private Singapore Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore Private Attraction Transfers
Singapore itinerary 3 days — Day 1: Gardens by the Bay, Merlion Park & Singapore River
11am: Check in at hotel
11:30am: Lunch at Lau Pa Sat Food Court
Here you will discover Singapore’s multicultural cuisine, including Chinese, Indian and Malay cuisines. The food court consists of many street food stalls, housed in a beautiful perennial building and surrounded by towering modern glass buildings in the bustling central business district.
Surely you will take a lot of time to choose delicious food in Singapore because here cuisine is very diverse. The price of the meal is very reasonable, ranging from S$3 to S$10. If you are wondering what to eat, just pay attention to which counters have long queues, then rush right into the queue with them because it is definitely a good food stall.
How to get to Lau Pa Sat
- Step 1: Take the subway to Telok Ayer (DT18), Downtown (DT17) or Raffles Place Station (EW14 / NS26). Adult fare for EZ-Link card is SGD0.77 to SGD0.87/person.
- Step 2: Walk to Lau Pa Sat (5 to 10 minutes / 300 to 600m walk).
12:30pm: Merlion Park & Singapore River
Just take a photo to check in with a white Merlion statue at Merlion Park and everyone will know you’re traveling in one of the most beautiful clean cities in the world, a famous symbol in Singapore. Around this area, there are many famous places with unique architecture when viewed from afar on the Singapore River, a clear blue sky full of famous Singapore symbols from the rising high-rise buildings close to each other until Marina Bay. Crossing the Fullerton hotel is both ancient and modern, another beautiful scene of the peaceful and gentle beauty of the river will appear.
Visit some of the bronze sculptures depicting the lives of people working along the river during Singapore’s early years.
If you have a lot of time and want to learn about life, culture, people in Singapore, these are the most worthwhile places to visit in Singapore. Cross the Cavenagh Bridge, you’ll find quaint buildings, museums and memorials in Civic District still preserved to this day, including the Victoria Theater & Concert Hall, Asian Civilizations Museum, statue of Mr. Raffles (Raffles Landing Site), Singapore Parliament House & National Gallery Singapore.
How to get to Merlion Park from Lau Pa Sat
- Step 1: Walk to Raffles Pl Stn Bus Stop Exit F (Station ID: 03031) along Collyer Quay, only 3 minutes/200m walk.
- Step 2: Take the bus number #10, #75, #100, #130 or #196 from Raffles Pl Stn Exit F to bus stop at 21 Dr Esplanade. EZ-Link ticket fare for adults is S$0.77/person, takes 2 minutes to move.
- Step 3: You have to watch the bus stop number 03011 at Fullerton Sq, next to the Fullerton hotel to get off.
- Step 4: Keep walking to Merlion Park about 3 minutes/200m walk.
From the bus stop, go inside the Fullerton hotel and walk underground to the One Fullerton building, with the air-conditioned along walkway and you will see the beautiful lobby of the hotel.
How to use EZ-Link card? As soon as you get on the bus, you hold your card and swipe near the electronic device at the entrance near the driver until you hear the “squeak” sound, do the second time when you get off the bus at the exit gate. The fee will be deducted from the card every time you use it.
3pm: Gardens by the Bay
Gardens by the Bay contributes to helping Singapore change from “Garden City” to “City in the garden”. This is my number 1 favorite attraction in Singapore. And you will not see such a beautiful second garden in the world.
Best of all, admission to the garden is free, but you only need to pay for it if you visit inside the greenhouse (Flower Dome, Cloud Forest). Time to visit takes at least 1 hour, the amount and time you spend is not wasteful at all because it is great inside. You seem to be lost in the fairy forest, both classical and modern, and the importance of the fresh air that Garden by the Bay brings.
The Flower Dome is inspired by the fresh spring, the colorful flower garden with many different species of flowers brings unforgettable beauty.
Meanwhile, Cloud Forest Dome is recreated as a vegetative cloud forest covered by fog. The highlight of this greenhouse is the highest artificial artificial waterfall in the world with the height of 50 meters, pouring white rushing through a large space, with an aerial walkway to help you get close to the green mountains, very cool eyes.
Living Nomads recommends that you should buy a combo of both the Gardens By the Bay and OCBC Skyway ticket because Skyway is the place to take photos of Marina Bay and the most beautiful scenery and price of OCBC skywalk to buy with combo is super cheap. You can refer and book tickets here: Gardens by the Bay and OCBC Skyway Tickets. Or single ticket: Gardens by the Bay Ticket in Singapore (Direct Entry).
How to get from Merlion Park or Fullerton hotel to Gardens by the Bay
- Step 1: From Fullerton & Merlion Park, follow the riverside walk towards Marina Boulevard, continue going to the ‘The Sail’ bus stop (03381) along Marina Boulevard. The walking time is about 9 minutes/700m walk.
- Step 2: Take bus #400 from ‘The Sail’ to the ‘Before Gardens by the Bay’ bus stop (passing 3 stops). The fare used with an EZ-Link card for adults is S$0.77/person. Travel time is about 3 minutes.
- Step 3: You get off at “Before Gardens by the Bay” station (station number 03371)
If you’re tired of long walking, take a taxi or grab to get there.
7:45 pm: Light and sound show (Garden Rhapsody) at Gardens by the Bay
The show takes place every night at Gardens by the Bay. This is one of the most impressive shows not to be missed when coming to Singapore, completely free!
You will be overwhelmed with colorful and sparkling performances of Supertree Grove for 15 minutes. The best spot to watch this whole performance is right the under the Supertrees to fully enjoy the magical scenery by the striking multi-colors in the dark night sky combined with lively sound, and it will be wonderful memories that you will never forget on this trip.
Gardens By The Bay light show hours:
Every evening from 7:45 PM to 8:45 PM
Sunday to Thursday – 8 pm, 9:30 pm.
Friday & Saturday – 8 pm, 9:30 pm, 11:00 pm
9:30pm: Marina Bay Sands Light & Water Show
After watching the Gardens By The Bay light show, you can go to Marina Bay Sands at 9:30 pm (2nd performance) to see the another show.
How to get from Gardens by the Bay to Marina Bay Sands
- Step 1: Walk towards Marina Bay Sands.
- Step 2: Cross the lion flyover that is connected between Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands Resort.
- You can also passing the path at the bottom from Gardens by the Bay to MRT Bayfront & Marina Bay Sands station.
- Step 3: Continue to go through hotel & The Shoppes shopping center in Marina Bay.
- Step 4: Exit the main walkway (riverbank) of The Shoppes in Marina Bay, walk to the crowded with people and choose for yourself the best location to fully enjoy this show.
What to do in Singapore for 3 days: Day 2 — Universal Studios Singapore & Sentosa
This is a must-visit place in Singapore!
9:30 am: Universal Studios Singapore (USS)
Popular rides here include the Battlestar Galactica roller coaster, WaterWorld Show, TRANSFORMERS The Ride, Shrek 4-D Adventure ride & Revenge of the Mummy.
You should avoid going on weekends because many people come here to have fun, the best time on weekdays and take advantage of time to going early before 10am because this is opening time, so you will not have to waste time in queue to buy tickets.
Check carefully the schedule of the show you want to participate in most so as not to be missed, especially the WaterWorld show.
You should book tickets in advance, link to book and refer USS tickets here: Universal Studios Singapore™ Ticket (1 Day Pass).
How to get to Sentosa Island
OPTION 1: Take the cable car
- Step 1: Take the MRT to HarbourFront Station (purple line NE1 / orange line CC29). The adult fare when using an EZ-Link card is S$0.77 to S$1.2 per person. Travel time is about 20 minutes.
- Step 2: Find Exit B to Harbourfront Center and follow signs to Singapore Cable Car at Harbourfront Tower II.
- Step 3: Take the cable car from Harbourfront to Sentosa Station.
- Step 4: Stop at Sentosa station.
- Step 5: Walk to Imbiah Station of Sentosa Express rail.
- Step 6: Take the tram to Waterfront Station.
- Step 7: Stop at Waterfront Station & walk to Universal Studios Singapore.
If you want to eat lunch early before you enter, there’s a Malaysian food court with full of affordable street stalls near the main entrance.
The usual price of the cable car is S$33 if you buy on the spot, booking tickets online is cheaper. Link to book [Sale – 45% OFF] Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass and Madame Tussauds Singapore Ticket Combo Package.
OPTION 2: Travel by Sentosa Express Monorail (high tram)
- Step 1: Take the subway to HarbourFront Station (purple line NE1 / orange line CC29). EZ–Link card usage fee is S$0.77 to S$ 1.2 / adult. Travel time is about 20 minutes.
- Step 2: Find Exit E at ViVo City & continue walking to the Sentosa Express Monorail station on the L3 floor.
- Step 3: Take the tram to Waterfront Station.
- Step 4: Get off at the Waterfront Station & continue walking towards Universal Studios Singapore.
Sentosa Express tram ticket – S$4 per adult when buying online. This ticket will be able to travel unlimited times including unlimited trips of Sentosa Express + entrance tickets to Sentosa island. Link to book Sentosa Express Train Ticket.
OPTION 3: Sentosa Boardwalk
From VivoCity, you can walk to Sentosa Island via the Sentosa Boardwalk. This is the cheapest option, only cost SGD1/person.
We recommend taking the Sentosa Express or Singapore Cable Car to save time and also enjoy the beauty of the island from above.
4pm: Attractions in Sentosa Island
Let spend a whole day playing at Sentosa Island, which is known as Asia’s favorite playground.
We recommend playing super fun Luge driving and taking the Skyline open cable car to see panoramic view of Sentosa from above.
6pm: Sentosa beaches
Try exploring the beaches in Sentosa Island: Siloso Beach, Palawan Beach & Tanjong Beach.
Cross the bridge and walk to the top of the wooden watchtower on tiny Palawan Island.
How to get to the beaches in Sentosa
- Step 1: Take the Sentosa monorail to the Beach Station.
- Step 2: Take the free public tram to Siloso, Palawan or Tanjong beaches.
7:30pm: Wings of Time show
Enjoy the spectacular Wings of Times water music, this is the best show in Singapore that you should not miss. Link to book ticket here.
Show schedule: 7:40PM & 8:40PM daily.
Singapore itinerary 3 days budget — Day 3: Chinatown & Shopping
9am: Singapore Chinatown
The last day of the trip will visit and enjoy a culinary tour in the old Chinatown, a convergence of Taoist temples, Buddhist temples, mosques and Hindu temples. There are many shops selling cheap souvenirs if you want to buy as gifts for relatives.
What to play in Chinatown?
- Visit shops along Pagoda Street and nearby pedestrian streets
- Chinatown Heritage Center
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple
- Sri Mariamman Temple
- Thian Hock Keng Temple
- Nagore Dargah (mosque)
- Masjid Al-Abrar Mosque
- Jamae Chulia Mosque
What to eat in Chinatown?
- Chinatown Food Street – at 7 Smith Street.
- Chinatown Complex – at 335 Smith Street.
- Maxwell Road Food Center – at Cor Maxwell Road–Kadayanallur Street.
How to get to Chinatown?
- Step 1: Take the MRT to Chinatown station (purple line NE4 / blue line DT19). The price for traveling by EZ–Link card is from S$0.77 to S$1.2 (for adults), which takes about 15 minutes.
- Step 2: From Chinatown station, continue walking to the Chinatown area.
Singapore itinerary 2 days
If you only have 2 days 1 night in Singapore (for example, a weekend trip), you should choose the most outstanding attractions in Singapore so you can maximize this trip.
Spend the whole first day at Universal Studios. In the evening, head to Marina Bay / Gardens by the Bay for unique shows.
On the second day, explore Gardens by the Bay, Merlion Park & Singapore River, visit Chinatown if you still have time before heading to the airport.
Budget for 3 days in Singapore
- Traveling: Singapore Tourist Pass: SGD20 / Sentosa Express monorail ticket: SGD4
Tickets: Gardens by the Bay: SGD23 / Universal Studios Singapore: SGD78 / Wings of Time: SGD18
- Accommodation: Budget hostel: SGD60; Mi-range hotel: SGD100; Luxury hotel: SGD200
- Eating: Budget eat at food court, convenient store: SGD45 / Delcious meals: SGD90.
Other: Sim 4G: SGD15
Total costs: SGD400 (~USD300), excluded air tickets.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Singapore and from Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Private City Transfers between Singapore and Johor Bahru
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore All Day Pass
- The Singapore Pass
- [Klook Exclusive] 3 Hours Singapore City Tour
- Singapore Cityscapes Tour
- [Klook Exclusive] Sentosa Island Introductory Tour in Singapore
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G Portable WiFi for Singapore from Uroaming
- 4G WiFi (SG Pick Up) for Europe
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.