Universal Studios Singapore (also known as the USS) is a super-attractive theme park. Located in the majestic entertainment area — Sentosa with a various range of games and attractions, but the USS is always the must-go destination that appeals anyone traveling to Singapore. Let’s explore the USS with Living Nomads team to see why this spot is at that much attractive. Now, check it out our Universal Studios Singapore blog (USS blog) and Universal Studios Singapore review — The fullest Universal Studio Singapore travel guide and useful Universal Studios Singapore tips and experiences (what to see and do) for the wonderful 1 day trip to Universal Studio Singapore below.
- Universal Studios Singapore tips — Top 5 best tips for a wonderful trip to Universal Studio Singapore
- Singapore Zoo tips & guide — Some experiences and useful tips for visiting Singapore Zoo
- Explore S.E.A. Aquarium Singapore — One of the best places you must visit in Singapore
- Must try rides in Universal Studios Singapore — Top 10 things to do & Best rides in Universal Studios Singapore
- MRT Singapore for tourist & Public transport in Singapore for tourists — The cheapest & best way to get around Singapore
Universal Studios Singapore blog: How to get to Universal Studios Singapore?
As mentioned above, the USS is located in the Sentosa complex, so firstly you have to come to Sentosa. There are numerous ways to get to Sentosa, we will show you some of the easiest and most economical ways:
By MRT: Take the MRT to HarbourFront Station, get off at Exit E to get to Vivo City then go up to L3. After that, buy the ticket of Sentosa Express (4SGD) to transport straight from the city to Sentosa, get off at WaterFront Station.
By Bus: Take one of the buses Routes 10, 30, 30e, 57, 61, 65, 80, 97, 97e, 100, 123, 123M, 131, 143, 145, 166, 855, NR1, NR6, in which RWS8 is a free shuttle bus to Sentosa Island.
USS blog: How to buy tickets at Universal Studios Singapore?
Buy tickets at the entrance of USS, however, you should avoid going on weekends, holidays to save your time lining up and waiting. Ticket price, when bought at USS entrance, is 76 SGD. Or you can booking tickets online at here: https://www.rwsentosa.com/en/attractions/universal-studios-singapore/tickets
Universal Studios Singapore tips (USS tips): A few notes when visiting Universal Studios Singapore
- If you have to go out or want to go out of the USS while having fun at the USS, you can still go back to after that. Just remember before leaving the USS, have a seal printed in your hand. When you are back, show the seal and you can go inside again.
- The USS area is quite large and you have to walk a lot, so do not wear high heels, avoid wearing skirts or blazers, it is advisable to wear sports shoes, shorts, jeans for comfort and convenience.
- There are also places where food is sold in the USS yet expensive, but if you planned to stay here all day, you can buy take-away food and drinks to bring along.
- As mentioned above, the USS is very busy and crowded at the weekend and the holidays. Therefore, you choose to go on the weekdays. Otherwise, lining up at Single Line to save the time, but the high risk is the group will not having fun together but to join randomly with others.
- You should spend a whole day to wander the entire USS area, remember not to have a dense schedule so that you can have enough time.
- A good news for music addicts, there are many shows, performances, etc in the USS, you can check the time to watch if you are interested.
Universal Studios Singapore review: Review 1 day trip to Universal Studio Singapore
The USS Park is divided into seven thematic areas: Hollywood, Madagascar, Far Far Away, The Lost World, Ancient Egypt, Sci-Fi City, and New York. Each zone has its own theme park, games (depending on the theme) as well as souvenir shops where souvenir made in USS are sold. Here are the best spots in the USS, the rest can be discovered by yourself if you have a time.
One of the specialties of the theme parks is the thrilling games. Seeking for some thrills, remember to check out these great games:
TRANSFORMERS The Ride
This game is in The Lost World zone, you will be taking a speed train to “participate” in the battle of the transformer. Not only travel by to the super-speed train, but you only see the 4D super-miracle effect with floating images, lively sound, promises to give you one of the best feelings ever.
Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure
Located in the same area with Transformers The Ride. When taking this adventurous game, you will be sitting on a boat, joining groups to explore the land of dinosaurs. Nothing is worth saying If you just sit on the boat to see the animals, yet the last stage will be a new twist breaking your heart. Let come here and play this game to know what I mean.
Notably, this is an underwater game, it is advisable to bring along a raincoat or plastic bag to wrap your clothes and your shoes if you do not want to get wet. Otherwise, there is also a drying room for those who finish this game.
Amber Rock Climb
If you are a mountain hiker, then you can’t miss this game. The fake mountaineering area is located at the end of Jurassic Park, perfect for adventure lovers.
Revenge of the Mummy
Sited in Ancient Egypt zone, you will be thrilled when exploring catacombs with lively sound and light effects.