As one of the four Universal Studios theme parks, Universal Studios Singapore (USS) is extremely large with many beautiful sightseeing areas and seven major theme parks. That is an ideal place for millions of visitors to the island nation of Lion. But if you do not have the experience, it is easy to waste your time and miss some great activities here. The 5 experiences of Universal Studio Singapore-USS below will help you get a perfect trip without being surprised by any unexpected events. Let’s explore Universal Studios Singapore tips with top 5 tips for a wonderful trip to Universal Studio Singapore with Living Nomads below.
- Explore S.E.A. Aquarium Singapore — One of the best places you must visit in Singapore
- Universal Studios Singapore blog — The fullest USS guide for wonderful 1 day trip to Universal Studio Singapore
- Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide first-timers
- Where to shop in Orchard Road? — 10 best shopping malls in Orchard Road
- Guide to Singapore Botanic Gardens — How to visit & what to do in Singapore botanic gardens
1. Visit the studio on the off – days
When coming to a beautiful place like Universal Studios Singapore, there is something that everyone is sure to do is go for a walk, take pictures and play games. You can imagine that everyone is doing it, while thousands are coming every day, how long will you have to queue up for your turn? Especially on weekends and holidays, when the number of visitors increased suddenly, the scene of the line of people before each game will be “more tragic”.
Check out the peak – days in the USS tour schedule before deciding to buy tickets. It is best to choose the days of the week and avoid popular holidays like Lunar New Year, Christmas, Independence Day, etc. You will be spoiled for taking pictures, playing games without having to worry about queuing; also, you can even play your favorite games (Revenge of the Mummy, Battlestar Galactica) 2-3 times in an hour. To avoid have to queue you should buy tickets in advance here.
However, if you really have to go to school on high days, Express Passes will support you from waiting in a long line, but will also waste 20 to 40 dollars. Please consider carefully to make your trip comfortable and affordable.
2. Book tickets online instead of buying tickets at the entrance
This is the most memorable experience of Universal Studios Singapore, almost before getting into any sights in Singapore, you have to go through the step … the queue to buy tickets. But unlike many other places, waiting to buy a ticket at the USS must be said to be a torture, especially during peak days. In the hot weather, you have to wait for buying a ticket to visit, after that, you have to continue to queue to participate in the game.
Buy USS tickets at ticketing sites, online tours. For example, after making the online payment, you will receive an email from the company, including confirmation and electronic tickets. Just print it out and bring it to the park, so it’s done! You can book tickets here.
3. Only carry the necessary items
You will need at least half a day to get to the big screen, so you need to consider for carrying your things so that they will not interfere with your enjoyment. First of all, prepare a lightweight bag to carry the following items (do not use heavy backpacks or bags as they will make you feel uncomfortable playing the game):
- Water Bottle: Just one bottle, because around the area there will be water filters for you to add more when you drink it off.
- Camera and Battery: Do not let your beloved camera are low batteries. Get ready to pack your batteries to save the moment at Universal Studios Singapore.
- Light raincoats or umbrellas: in case of rain.
- A T-shirt to replace: in necessary case (such as after playing Waterworld, you maybe get wet).
In addition, the dress you wear should be neat and comfortable. You should wear slippers instead of shoes so you do not have to spend time taking them off and back in after each game. Hats and sunglasses are also useful items for you on hot sunny days.
4. Ready to get wet
While participating in games at the Jurassic Park, Shrek, and Waterworld, you can (90%) get wet. This will make your trip more fun, exciting and full of adventure. Therefore, do not be afraid of wet feeling that miss the game full of attractive things. You should prepare a T-shirt ready for your needs. In addition, there is a dry-cleaning service available for a small fee, so you can dry your clothes here if you do not want to carry many clothes.
5. Save time
Instead of being free to visit all day, if your play time is limited for some reason, keep these tips in mind to save every minute of your wait and spend every second of your precious time to enjoy a great tour of Universal Studios Singapore:
- When arriving here at about 9:30 am (before opening hours). In the waiting time, you can take a picture with Universal Globe- a classic logo of this film company.
- Start queuing at the gate near 10 am to make sure you is one of the first people to visit the studio.
- As soon as you enter the gate, go to the Guest Service counter on the left side to change your voucher to Express Voucher / Card (if required).
- Do not waste your time looking at souvenirs or photography. Let’s start the fun trip to the game areas so that you do not have to queue for a long time. You can buy souvenirs and take pictures after playing all the games.
- Go to the two most popular areas: Transformers The Ride 3D and Jurassic Park Rapid Adventure. From noon onwards, these two areas will be crowded, if you do not come early, you may have to queue up to 2 waiting hours to join the game.
- Then, you can go to Canopy Flyer. Although this game is not particularly interesting as Transformers and Jurassic Park, this area also attracts many tourists in the afternoon and sometimes make you queue up to 1 hour.
- Next, go to Treasure Hunters. This game is suitable for both adults and children.
Revenge of the Mummy, Battlestar Galactica Human & Cyclone is a game in the same zone. Tourists often do not need to wait too long time to be able to participate. It is better to play these games before lunch to avoid having problems with your stomach, or you can simply miss them (if not the adventurous or take the baby) and move to Far Far Away Castle in time for the show 4D by Shrek guy and then return to the land of the Pharaoh later.
- For games, you already own an Express Pass Card, save the last one because you do not have to queue for them.
- Have lunch before 12:00 to avoid queued food when everyone is heading for the same food counter.
- The Waterworld area show starts at around 12:30. Pay attention to not miss.
- After experiencing all of the games and shows at the 7 main USS studios, you can spend time with your loved ones capturing the memorable moments here.
USS Visiting time: 10 am – 9 pm all days of the week.
Evaluate games that are most often lined up (in descending order):
1. Jurassic Park Rapid Adventure.
2. Transformers the Ride 3D.
3. Canopy Flyer.
4. Treasure Hunters.
5. Shrek 4D Adventure.
6. Madagascar : A Crate Adventure.
7. Lights Camera Action.
8. Revenge of the Mummy.
9. Enchanted Airways.
Games are suitable for children:
- Madagascar Boogie.
- Treasure Hunters.
- King Julien’s Beach Party Go Round.
- Madagascar : A Crate Adventure.
Universal Studios Singapore is one of the tourist destinations that you can not miss when visiting the beautiful Sea Lion Island. With 5 helpful tips to support your trip, surely the trip to the land of the best movies will be more wonderful and exciting. Not only at the US tourist destination, but also remember to apply the above to get S, which on any trip is attractive, colorful and memorable.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 am – 06:00 pm daily
- Location: On Sentosa Island, south of the main Singapore Island (take the Sentosa Express from Vivocity Shopping Mall. Get off at Waterfront Station and from there you can walk to Universal Studios. Or take a bus just outside Vivocity).
- Address: 11 Sentosa East Mall, Singapore 099054
- Tel: +65 6577 8888
- Entrance tickets: Adults (13–59): S$74. Children (4–12): S$54. Link to book tickets here.
Are you looking for more top things to do in Universal Studios Singapore, please read more:
- Universal Studios Singapore blog — The fullest USS guide for wonderful 1 day trip to Universal Studio Singapore.
- Universal Studios Singapore tips — Top 5 best tips for a wonderful trip to Universal Studio Singapore.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Singapore and from Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Private City Transfers between Singapore and Johor Bahru
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore All Day Pass
- The Singapore Pass
- [Klook Exclusive] 3 Hours Singapore City Tour
- Singapore Cityscapes Tour
- [Klook Exclusive] Sentosa Island Introductory Tour in Singapore
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G Portable WiFi for Singapore from Uroaming
- 4G WiFi (SG Pick Up) for Europe
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.