If there is a destination in Singapore that makes you go from surprise to surprise and always in a state of overwhelming, it can only be S.E.A. Aquarium. Now, let’s Living Nomads explore the awe-inspiring universe of life beneath the ocean at S.E.A. Aquarium™, one of the world’s largest aquarium. Marvel at more than 800 species of marine animals from magnificent sharks to rarely sighted fish through the planet’s largest window to the ocean.
- Universal Studios Singapore tips — Top 5 best tips for a wonderful trip to Universal Studio Singapore
- 5 best zoo in Singapore for family travel
- Singapore itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Singapore budget for the first-timers?
- Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide first-timers
- Where to shop in Orchard Road? — 10 best shopping malls in Orchard Road
Southeast Asia’s largest aquarium park
Opened in November 2012, the Singapore Aquarium is located on Sentosa Island and can accommodate around 42.8 million liters of water. Once coming into the S.E.A. Aquarium, you will be amazed to admire the spectacular ocean world with more than 100,000 marine species from 800 different species and 20,000 species of colorful corals. What makes the Singapore Aquarium more exciting?, the aquarium also possess the longest lazy river in the world, with a length of about 620 meters.
With the crystal glass window system, you will be spoiled with the extremely diverse collection of marine life.
Visitors walk between the crystal glass cages.
Being the largest aquarium in Southeast Asia, S.E.A. Aquarium promises to offer you exciting moments when exploring the seafloor. Experience walking in the marvelous diversity of marine life, scientific design, modern technology and lighting systems that allow you to enjoy the full spectrum of ocean beauty.
Enjoy freely the recreation when exploring the colorful beauty of the ocean.
Visitors are easily enchanted by the giant fish tanks.
Behold the ocean world from every angle
From the main entrance, you will see 10 artificial ocean areas designed like 49 different seas in the world, including South East Asia, Karimata Strait, Java Sea, Strait of Malacca, Belgan Bay, Red Sea and other distant and interesting seas.
Almost every sea creatures in the world are displayed here.
Among them, the most visited area is the huge fish tank in the center. The aquarium is made up of many transparent glasses, 8.3 meters high and 36 meters wide. You can see many kinds of sea creatures ranging from strange ones to familiar ones such as sharks, dolphins, rays, …
The whole ocean world is in the eye, bringing you a very real feeling.
Relax in the cool, blue spaces and give you the feeling as you were walking down the ocean floor in person.
Next to aquariums, water tanks are movie screens, which provide complete information on each marine species in S.E.A. Aquarium. Coming here, you will get a chance to touch the beautiful starfishes by hand in the Touch Pool.
If you are always eager to touch the starfishes, then Touch Pool area at S.E.A. Aquarium will help you achieve that. in addition to touching the cute starfishes, you will be introduced about the starfishes which are on display here, as well as their live activity.
In order to bring freshness and new things to visitors, S.E.A. Aquarium always organizes events on a variety of topics throughout the year.
Enjoy the high-end culinary at Ocean Restaurant
With modern space, unique architecture, vivid multi-dimensional stairs, S.E.A. Aquarium give you the feeling of walking on the real ocean floor. Relax with the tossing fish, maybe you will be frightened when confronted by the fierce sharks, swimming right in front of your eye. Or you just can’t resist but stop by the striking beauty of the colorful schools of jellyfish swimming in the deep blue water, let your imagination go to fullest and enjoy the feeling of waving in the middle of the sea.
In addition to the usual sightseeing ticket, if you would like to have accompanying guides as well as enjoy the privileges when visiting S.E.A. Aquarium, you can order VIP tickets here. When using VIP tickets, you don’t have to queue up, you will be explained by the guides and be provided interesting information about the species being raised in S.E.A. Aquarium, and was also given a free family photo.
Especially after the tour, you can also take a rest and enjoy a fantastic dinner at Ocean Restaurant at S.E.A. aquarium. The dishes are cooked by the famous Michelin Chef – Cat Cora. Watching the fish swimming while enjoying a delicious meal with your family will be one of the must-do things in your life. All that promises to bring you many unforgettable moments.
Ocean Restaurant at S.E.A. Aquarium is open daily, serving lunch from 11:30 – 14:30 and dinner from 18:00 – 22:30.
How to get to the S.E.A Aquarium
Using your MRT card to take the train called the Sentosa Express from the Sentosa Station at VivoCity which is just next to Food Republic. It’s just 1 stop away and you need to get off at Waterfront Station. It’s a 2-minute walk from there and you need to follow the signs. The whole place is known as the Marine Life Park and the Aquarium is included in the area.
Address: 8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island, Singapore
Opening hours: 10:00 – 19:00 daily
Phone number: +65 6577 8888
+ Adult: SGD 32 (23 USD)
+ Children from 4 to 12 years old: SGD 22 (16 USD)
* Free of charge for children under 3 years old.
See more about S.E.A. Aquarium:
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, from and to Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- Gardens by the Bay Ticket Singapore
- S.E.A. Aquarium™ One-Day Ticket
- ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands Ticket
- Singapore Cable Car Sky Pass
- Jewel Changi Airport Attraction Tickets in Singapore
- Singapore Flyer Tickets
- Skyline Luge Singapore: Skyline Luge & Skyride
- Marina Bay Sands Skypark Observation Deck or Sampan Ride
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ One-Day Ticket
- Science Centre Singapore, Butterflies Up-Close, Omni Theatre
- Singapore River Cruise
- Madame Tussauds Singapore Ticket
- Wings of Time Show Ticket in Singapore
- LiHO TEA in Singapore
- Singapore Travel Card (NETS FlashPay)
- Universal Studios Singapore Tickets
- Klook Pass Singapore
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G Portable WiFi for Singapore from Uroaming
- 4G WiFi (SG Pick Up) for Europe
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.