The zoo in Singapore is not just a place to visit wildlife, but also a destination for an interactive experience such as feeding the animals and have meals with us. Here are 5 can’t-miss family zoos while in Singapore this summer.
- Singapore Zoo tips & guide — Some experiences and useful tips for visiting Singapore Zoo
- Explore S.E.A. Aquarium Singapore — One of the best places you must visit in Singapore
- Singapore night safari tips — How to have a wonderful trip in Singapore Night Safari
- Universal Studios Singapore tips — Top 5 best tips for a wonderful trip to Universal Studio Singapore
- 9 wonderful parks and gardens in Singapore you must visit
1. Singapore Zoo
With more than 2,800 species of animals from around the world, children can explore the wildlife and have fun. That are animal performances such as circus “Animal Friends Show”, “Elephants at Work and Play”. At the Frozen Tundra, children also can come near the polar bear Inuka, wolverines, or watch orangutans roam freely in open and naturalistic habitats.
“Elephants of Asia” is where children can visit the biggest terrestrial mammals and watch their smart performances, their skillful. Step into “Fragile Forest”, children will be welcomed by the mischievous lemur and the bats.
Observe the animals when they are in their most active at mealtimes, children will have the chance to feed them. There is also the Jungle Breakfast with Wildlife program (not available anywhere else in Asia) that will help children and their families have memorable mealtimes.
- Address: 80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore 729826
- Tel: (65) 6269 3411
- Website: http://www.zoo.com.sg/
- Opening hours: 8:30 am to 6: 00 pm daily (Last ticket sale at 5: 30 pm).
- Ticket prices: Adults -33 SGD (about $24 USD) / children (3-12 years old)-22 SGD (about $16 USD).
2. River Safari
Come into the wildlife park with the theme of water – the only and the first of Asia, travelers will see more than 5,000 species of animals on land and underwater.
This is also where the baby discovered 8 famous rivers and meet rare giant aquatic animals such as otters, salamanders and giant fish in Mekong river.
Walk through the freshwater galleries and enter exhibits, the whole family can learn about the unique wildlife in river environments. There are also two very friendly and lovely giant pandas named Kai Kai and Jia Jia.
- Address: 80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore 729826, located between Night Safari and Singapore Zoo.
- Tel: (65) 6269 3411
- Website: http://www.riversafari.com.sg
- Opening Hours: 10: 00 am to 7: 00 pm daily (Last ticket sale at 6: 30 pm).
- Ticket prices: Adults – 30 SGD (about $22 USD) / children (3-12 years old) -20 SGD (about $15 USD),River Safari Cruise included.
3. Night Safari
This is the first night zoo in the world and 9-time winner of best attraction category awarded by Singapore Tourism Board. Take a walk around the park, kids can watch more than 1,000 animals of 115 grazing and hunting species in the natural environment around the 40-hectare park.
Besides, the whole family can participate in the Gourmet Safari Express culinary program to experience dining under the moonlight and taking trams across 8 geographical regions.
The most interesting thing is Creatures of the Night show and the 30-minute performances. The audience will certainly be surprised with the survival ability of them.
Then, the whole family will go to an electric car to see the animals like lions, tigers, tapirs, elephants, and many other species in 35 minutes.
- Address: 80 Mandai Lake Road Singapore 729826
- Tel: (65) 6269 3411
- Website: http://www.nightsafari.com.sg
- Opening Hours: 7: 15 pm to 12: 00 pm daily (Last ticket sale at 11: 15 pm).
Restaurants and retail shops open from 5: 30 pm.
- Ticket prices: Adults – 45 SGD (about $33 USD), children (3-12 years old) -30 SGD(about $22 USD), Tram Ride included.
4. Jurong Bird Park
It is home to 5,000 birds belonging to 400 species, Jurong Bird Park is one of the largest bird collection in the world. The can’t-miss destinations in this 20.2 acres paradise of birds include Bird Discovery Centre, African Waterfall Aviary, Lory Loft, Southeast Asia Bird Park and Africa marsh.
Here, children will watch eye-catching performances with the spectacular hover of eagles, falcons, and giant hawks. To learn about the hobby of raising falconer of the ancient royal, you will see how to nurture, teach and control flying of these mysterious raptors.
At the world’s largest parrot cage, children will have the chance to feed parrot chat with them when they park on their shoulder.
- Address: 2 Jurong Hill, Singapore 628925
- Tel: (65) 6265 0022
- Website: http://www.birdpark.com.sg/
- Opening Hours: 8:30 am to 6: 00 pm daily (Last ticket sale at 5: 30 pm)
- Ticket prices: Adults – 29 SGD (about $21 USD) / children (3-12 years old) – 19 SGD (about $14 USD)
5. S.E.A. Aquarium
Located on Sentosa island, S.E.A. Aquarium labeled the world’s largest aquarium – which showcases more than 100,000 underwater animals from 800 species.
Children can see over 200 species of sharks or rays and moray eels. The central area of the aquarium is a “giant fish tank” made up of the world’s largest glass 36m width, 8.3 m high.
Through the transparent glass panel system, children can satisfactorily watch sharks, dolphins, and many other alien species.
In addition, families can have dinner at the Ocean restaurant, surrounded by sea creatures. The menu includes seafood processed as required by customers.
- Address: 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269
- Tel: (65) 6577 8899
- Website: http://seaa.rwsentosablog.com/
- Opening Hours: 10: 00 am – 7: 00 pm daily
- Ticket prices: Adults – 32 SGD (about $24 USD) / children( 4-12 years old)- 22 SGD (about $16USD).
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out at here.