Singapore Night Safari is the first night zoo of the world, which can give visitors a chance to explore the mysterious and interesting nightlife of the wildlife in Singapore, therefore, this place is always a tourist destination that any visitor wants to come at least once when traveling to this island nation. Let’s explore Singapore night safari tips on how to have a wonderful trip in Singapore Night Safari with Living Nomads below.
- 5 best zoo in Singapore for family travel
- Singapore itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Singapore budget for the first-timers?
- Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide first-timers
- Where to shop in Orchard Road? — 10 best shopping malls in Orchard Road
- Singapore one day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Singapore perfectly?
However, the entrance ticket of Night Safari is quite high, about 26 USD / adult, that’s why it is very important to have a careful preparation before starting your journey in the Singapore Night Safari so that your trip can be worth for its cost.
Let’s take a look at some tips below to make sure your trip in Singapore Night Safari can be a wonderful journey!
1. How to get to Night Safari
There are many ways to get to Night Safari if you choose to travel by MRT, you can:
- Take an MRT to Choa Chu Kang Station (NS4), then continue to take the SMRT 927 bus
- Take an MRT to the north and get off at Ang Mo Kio, then take the bus No. 138
But it should be noted that the metro system closes at midnight.
So, if you want to go to the zoo faster, take a taxi, and accept to pay for a slightly higher cost!
2. How to enjoy a dinner at Night Safari
If you come to the Night Safari a little early, you can visit the nearby culinary stalls such as Scoop Ben and Jerry (Ice Cream Shop), Bongo Burger, Ulu Ulu Restaurant. Singapore Night Safari opens at 19:30, but the food and drink stalls here are ready to serve customers from 18:00, so you can enjoy your dinner in the meantime.
3. Night safari Singapore itinerary: How to have an interesting journey in Night Safari
At 19:30, when the Night Safari is officially open to visitors, there will be many queues of people waiting to get on the first tram car to watch the sleeping mouse. But if you don’t want to squeeze into a crowd like that, you can choose another option which is much more pleasant and interesting, that is walking.
Taking a walk on the trails here is a wonderful way to explore Night Safari because there are many animals that you can’t see if you just sit on the tram. Wandering around the Night Safari, you will have a strange but very excited feeling, like wandering in the middle of a jungle at night.
You will have a chance to see the bats hanging upside down on the cage along the trail, or sometimes feel your heart missing a beat when suddenly seeing a light flashing from the eyes of certain animals in the dark,… And don’t forget to buy a map of Night Safari in order to not skipping any attractive destination of this zoo and also to stay away from getting lost.
If walking makes you exhausted, you can always take a tram on the way to continue the journey in Night Safari. With 40 minutes on the tram, you will be able to explore the nightlife of deer, African antelope, sheep, and goat,…, you can touch, cuddle the cute animals here.
More especially, you can visit the area of undomesticated animals such as lions, tigers, leopards,…, with a distance which is so close that makes you feel you can touch them. In the whole trip in this area, the excitement and fear seem to be interwoven together.
4. Singapore night safari tips: How to choose the best seats
For trams, if possible, try to pick a seat in the middle of the car. Because when the car stops at any of the sightseeing grounds, the middle part of the car will always be in the center of that site, which, therefore, can offer you the best view. And don’t forget to sit close to the outside of the car to look at the animals more clearly.
With the show, try to get there 20 minutes early and choose your favorite spot, in the third or fourth row to enjoy the show perfectly.
5. Singapore night safari tips: Some tips for an interesting journey
- Put on simple outfits and wear comfortable pair of shoes, as you will probably walk a lot
- Bring food and water along to the park to supplement energy for more than 3 hours of sightseeing
- Remember to spray insect repellent to protect yourself against the natural conditions of a tropical forest
- Do not forget to bring a tissue because the humidity in Night Safari is quite high
- Accompany with a tour guide to get to know more about the characteristics, living habits or the interesting stories about the animals in the Night Safari.
- Make sure you take photos without flash to protect the eyes of animals.
Remember these great experiences to be able to really enjoy a wonderful trip in Singapore Night Safari!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Singapore and from Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Private City Transfers between Singapore and Johor Bahru
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore All Day Pass
- The Singapore Pass
- [Klook Exclusive] 3 Hours Singapore City Tour
- Singapore Cityscapes Tour
- [Klook Exclusive] Sentosa Island Introductory Tour in Singapore
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G Portable WiFi for Singapore from Uroaming
- 4G WiFi (SG Pick Up) for Europe
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.