Chiang Mai, in contrast of the bustling city of Bangkok, is a hiding place for many traditional cultural beauties of the land of the golden temples. In Chiang Mai, everything is beautiful, modestly beautiful, unobtrusive beauty for the world to recognize. So many people come to Chiang Mai are so many meaningful stories to tell the world. The ancient temples with unique architecture, rich history and culture along with many strange and unique places of Chiang Mai have spent much ink of those who love to write about beauty. Especially, for those who love handicraft products have a reason to go to Chiang Mai, because every step in Chiang Mai you will see a pottery item, a handmade embroidery product, a beautiful souvenir gift that make you can not take your eyes. Now, let’s check it out our suggested best handicraft Chiang Mai with 6 best arts and crafts shops (handmade shop) in Chiang Mai you should visit.
- Best Korean shows — 5 best live shows in Seoul & shows in Korea you should not miss
- Korea mural village — 3 most beautiful mural villages in Korea you should visit
- What to buy in Busan? — +25 Top Busan souvenirs, must have & best things to buy in Busan
- What to do in Busan? — 15 top, must do in Busan & best things to do in Busan
- Chiang Mai Thailand blog — The fullest Chiang Mai travel guide & What to do in Chiang Mai
Handicraft Village Chiang Mai: Bo Sang Umbrella Village
Anyone who coming to Chiang Mai many times will knows Bo Sang is one of the most famous handicraft villages for umbrella making in the region. What is make umbrella in Bo Sang special? The first is that there are all colors for all personalities, the second is that there are many patterns that painted by special watercolors and not blurred even after use a lot of times in the rain. Every year, around January in Bo Sang, there is the Bo Sang Umbrella Festival with beautiful dazzling dances with umbrellas, you should take a note.
Address: 1014, Tambon Ton Pao, Amphoe San Kamphaeng, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50130, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0)53 248 604
Handicraft Chiang Mai: Sop Moei Arts
Sop Moei Arts is a non-profit organization that creates opportunities for people in traditional craft villages to connect with those looking for quality crafts. In Sop Moei you can choose for yourself the meticulously woven fabrics with impressive motifs. The fabrics here bring comfortable feeling, comfortable for the wearer. You can use these fabrics to make clothes, wrap pillows, blankets, bags, purses, or bedspreads. Or you can choose any product available at Sop Moei as gifts for your relatives and friends.
Address: 150, 10 Charoen Rajd Rd, Watgate, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50000, Thailand
Phone: +66 53 306 123
Operated by Supachet – a well-known artisan in Chiang Mai, Supachet Studio welcomes a large number of visitors thanks to the small and beautiful souvenirs with the theme of rabbit and elephant. Here you can choose to buy unique canvas fabrics, lovely bookmarks, cute postcards, T-shirts or any other handmade product. If you do not buy, the shop owner still welcomes and talks enthusiastically about how to make products like this.
Address: 2, 56 Rachadamnoen Rd, Tambon Si Phum, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Hours: 10:30AM–6PM / Sunday: 10:30AM–9:30PM
Phone: +66 89 950 1329
Best handicraft Chiang Mai: Naenna Studio
Naenna Studio is the home of female artists specializing in embroidery, weaving and sewing in Chiang Mai. Studio Naenna’s motto is “Working together, for each other and for the environment.” Therefore, the handmade weaving products in Naenna are always meticulously made, with all the heart from the first threads, all the equipment and materials are environmentally friendly. All products at Studio Naenna are exclusive, 100% handmade and designed in modern and fashionable tones.
Address: 138/8 Soi Chang Khian, Huay Keow Road, T. Chang peuak,, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand
Hours: 9AM–5PM / Saturday; Sunday: Closed
Phone: +66 53 226 042
The House by Ginger
Continuing the journey to find unique art in Chiang Mai, Ginger Shop is one of the must-visit spot for craft lovers. I love the way Ginger Shop puts a lot of different colors on their products but still looks harmonious and admirable. Kitchen utensils, tea cups, cloth towels, clothes look extremely striking with eye-catching fun patterns. Therefore, the motto of The House By Ginger is “Make the world smile”. The hilarious colors of Ginger have dispelled the melancholy. Visit the Ginger Shop to bring a set of tea cups as shown below.
Address: 199 Mun Mueang Rd, Tambon Si Phum, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Phone: +66 53 287 681
In Clay Studio
For fans of handmade ceramics, In Clay Studio is not only a store for you to buy beautiful pottery souvenirs but also a place for you to learn and start making your own pottery. The staff here are very enthusiastic and friendly. The space at In Clay Studio together with the selected music from the store owner will remind you a lot of inspiration, the airy atmosphere makes you forget the days and hours and absorbed in creativity. If you have the opportunity to visit In Clay Studio, manually mold a pottery to bring back to show the world.
Address: 35 Sirorot Rd, Tambon Su Thep, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Phone: +66 81 785 1943
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Chiang Mai you can refer to
- Private Chiang Mai International Airport Transfers (CNX) for Chiang Mai and More
- Private Chiang Mai International Airport Transfers (CNX) for Chiang Mai by Thai Rhythm
- Private City Transfers between Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai
- Private City Transfers for Chiang Mai
- Private City Transfers between Chiang Mai and Pai by Thai Rhythm
- Private Chiang Mai International Airport Transfers (CNX) for Chiang Rai
- Private City Transfers between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai
- Chiang Mai City & Temples Half Day Tour by Tour East
- Chiang Rai One Day Tour from Chiang Mai
- Doi Suthep-Chiang Mai City Temple Tour
- Classic Chiang Mai Doi Suthep Half Day Tour
- Chiang Mai Custom Tour: Chiang Mai Night Safari, Doi Suthep, Elephant Sanctuary, Zipline Adventure, and More
- Private Car Charter Between Chiang Mai and Pai
- Doi Inthanon National Park Day Tour in Chiang Mai
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you looking for more Chiang Mai travel guide and top things to do in Chiang Mai? Let’s read: Chiang Mai travel blog — The fullest Chiang Mai travel guide for a great trip to the “Rose of the North” of Thailand.