- What to eat in Taichung? — 10+ must-eat, famous & best food in Taichung
- Rainbow Village Taichung blog — How to get & how to visit the most colorful village in Taichung, Taiwan
- Lukang Taichung blog — Explore the ancient beauty of Lukang Old Street & Molu Lane in Taichung
- Taichung itinerary 1 day — What to do & how to spend one day trip to Taichung from Taipei perfectly?
- Trip to Sun Moon Lake — How to get to Sun Moon Lake from Taichung?
Feng Chia Night Market is located near Feng Chia University. You can getting to here by bus or train, you get off at Feng Chia University stop then walk a bit to come. In the night market selling all kinds of items: cosmetics, clothing, accessories, souvenirs, cuisine, gaming … The night market is open from the afternoon and until 2AMn (except Monday weekly, close early at 1AM). Going out during the day, walking around the night market at night is nice itinerary.
Well, at Fengjia night market there are thousands of delicious snacks. Remember to go to market at your hungry peak time and wear comfortable clothes before visiting the market. Surely, everyone goes from the beginning to the end of the market is full of stomach. Any junk food here also want to try, can’t resist!
Some of the must try foodss you can add to this list: Stinky tofu, taro sweets, bubble milk tea, tanghulu candy, fried noodle sandwiches, grilled seafood, etc.
Address: Wenhua Road, Xitun District, Taichung City, Taiwan 407
Phone: +886 4 2451 5940
Opening date: 1963
Best places to visit in Taichung: Cingjing Farm (Qingjing Farm)
See Shaun The Sheep and you fall in love with the fluffy white sheep? Where to go in Taichung to see first hand the sheep who roam on the green hill? Revealing right here, is Cingjing Farm in Nantou!
Cingjing Farm is like a miniature Swiss. The smooth green grassland and windmills here are no different than European pastures at all. That’s why Cingjing is always in the top of the most visited Taichung destinations! In addition to playing with sheep, Cingjing also has a sheep herding show, trim wool for tourists to participate in.
The farm is located in a mountainous area, above the sea level of about 1700 meters. So the weather here is a bit special. During the day it is normal however morning and evening are quite cold. The higher you go, the colder you feel. Spend one night to sleep here is also a worthy experience. Imagine: In the morning, wake up, open the balcony window of the hotel and in front of you is a green landscape like Europe. Romance 100 points!
Address: No. 170, Renhe Road, Ren’ai Township, Nantou County, Taiwan 546
Opened: February 20, 1961
Phone: +886 4 9280 2172
Must go places in Taichung: Miyahara
Miyahara is an emerging tourist attraction in the heart of Taichung. This 2-storey red brick building was formerly an eye hospital built by the Japanese during the occupation of Taiwan, undergoing many changes in history, now this building has become a famous tourist attraction, is a restaurant that specializes in traditional sweets and biscuits and tasty ice cream.
The most striking thing of the Miyahara building is the ancient architecture and design of the house with glass roofs, high bookshelves hitting the ceiling and sophisticated wooden furniture, giving you the feeling of being lost into the world of true wizards.
Address: No. 20, Zhongshan Road, Central District, Taichung City, Taiwan 400
Phone: +886 4 2227 1927
Must visit places in Taichung: Lishan Scenic Area
Lishan Scenic Area is bordered by two national parks, Shie-pa and Taroko, which attracts visitors with the picturesque scenery of mountains, rivers, lush forests. Every season in Lishan has its own beauty like spring with blooming flowers, fruit-laden in summer, autumn with bright red leaves or winter with snowy scenery covered the ground.
There are 4 main attractions you need to explore when coming to Lishan: Kukuan, two farms Wuling and Sushou Shan, Lishan. Wuling Farm is also one of the most beautiful cherry blossom viewing spots every spring comes in Taiwan. It is also an ideal picnic and sightseeing spot of locals.
With an area of approximately 31.300 hectares, it is an ideal place to enjoy the beautiful natural scenery with gardens, farms. Suitable for camping or a stop point on the way to Wuling Farm.
Address: No. 95, Zhongzheng Road, Heping District, Taichung City, Taiwan 424
Phone: +886 4 2331 2678
Top places to visit in Taichung: Dongfeng Bicycle Green Way Green Corridor and Hou-Feng bike path
The name is quite long so can call it is a place to cycling and sightseeing. I’ve come here to rent bicycles and walk around the area at least 3 times already. Because each season has a different beauty: verdant summers, autumn biking on yellow leaves falling on the path, winters with bare trees.
Not far from Taichung city, come here you seem to be lost in a poetic, cool and gentle setting. Riding bicycles under the trees together, chatting and having fun together is really interesting, right? If you have time, why not visit this place once.
Address: Zhongshan Rd, Dongshi Dist., Taichung City
Taichung best places to visit: Guguan Hot Spring
Taiwan has many famous hot springs and Taichung also has such a place, Guguan Hot Spring. You should come here in the winter, after a few hours climbing up and down the nearby hill, you will sweat and that’s when you stop by to take a bath in one of the hot springs here to relax.
This is also one of my favorite places, I came here twice by bus and once by motorbike. Surrounded by mountains, the cool weather is suitable for taking a dip in warm water and enjoying it.
Location: Lane Wenquan ,Sec. 1, Dongguan Rd.,, Heping Dist., Taichung City
Hours: 7AM – 10PM
Best places to visit in Taichung: Dajia Jenn Lann Temple
This is one of the most famous temples in Taiwan, with nearly 300 years of history. There are many domestic and foreign visitors coming here for pilgrimage and was voted as one of the must visit places in Taichung and one of the best places to visit in Taichung.
Address: No. 158, Shuntian Road, Dajia District, Taichung City, Taiwan 437
Phone: +886 4 2676 3522
Hours: 6AM – 9:30PM
Must go places in Taichung: Taichung Park
This park was opened in 1903, located in the heart of Taichung with spacious and airy space and there is amusement park inside, so it is very convenient to come here to relax and rest on weekends and holidays.
Address: No. 65, Section 1, Shuangshi Road, North District, Taichung City, Taiwan 404
Hours: Open 24 hours
Must visit places in Taichung: Wufeng Lin Family Garden
This is both a garden and a residence of the Lin clan in the past. This clan is very famous for its wealth and high education. Many members of this clan are now very successful. On the sidelines, my professor is also Lin.
It is quite spacious with lakes, gardens and houses with a harmonious combination of Chinese, Japanese and Western cultures.
Address: No. 26, Minsheng Road, Wufeng District, Taichung City, Taiwan 413
Hours: 9AM–12PM, 1–5PM
Phone: +886 4 2331 7985
Built: Tongzhi Year 3 (1864), Qing Dynasty
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taichung you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taichung
- Private One Way Transfers Between Taichung and Sun Moon Lake
- Private City Transfers Between Sun Moon Lake and Taipei/Taichung
- Shared Transfers between Taichung and Cingjing
- Private One Way City Transfers Between Taichung and Cingjing
- Central Taiwan Private Sightseeing Car Charter
- Gaomei Wetland & Rainbow Military Community
- Taichung Ruins Night Walking Tour
- THSR One Way Ticket to or from Taichung
- Taiwan 4G travel sim with unlimited capacity
- Bus tickets from Taichung to Cingjing and vice versa
- Day tour to Alishan from Taichung
- Day tour to visit Cingjing Farm from Taichung
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you looking for more top things to do in Taichung: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Taichung blog — The fullest Taichung travel guide for a wonderful budget trip to Taichung, Taiwan.