Located opposite the old town, so if you had eaten too much before, then you can visit here and go around for a walk is a not bad idea. I personally love going to the museum. Just like going to the museum is that you will grasp the “soul” of that land. So wherever I go, I also visit museum in there.
- Where to stay in Taichung blog — 7 Best budget hostels & cheapest hotel in Taichung Taiwan you should stay
- Backpackers hostel Taipei — Top 5 affordable dorm hostels Taipei that own convenient locations
- Volando Urai Hot Spring review — The fullest review hot spring bath at Volando Urai Hot Spring Resort & Spa in Taipei
- Grand View Resort Beitou blog — Review: Hot spring bath at Grand View Resort Beitou, Taipei
- Taiwan hot springs (Taiwan onsen) — Explore top 7 best hot springs in Taiwan
And of course at the Atayal Museum, you will be able to find out all about the Atayal people, their culture, their customs and their lives … The formation and development of this land is equally interesting. Admission is free, so why should you skip a nice place like this.
Wulai day trip: Visiting Wulai, New Taipei, don’t forget to take a hot spring bath
The hot spring in Wulai is the most special thing in New Taipei. Discovered 300 years ago, hot springs contain sodium bicarbonate – which is used to exfoliate and promote metabolism … This is definitely something you must not ignore.
There are 2 hot spring bath experiences in Wulai that you can choose depending on your preference: public bathing and “luxury” bathing. No matter what type of bath you take, the water is sourced directly from natural hot springs. I will review both “types” according to my personal point of view.
Totally free. The public bathing area will be on either side of the Nanshi River. There are dressing rooms, you just need to change suitable clothes and step down to shower. However, everything has its price (of course!), due to free of charge so the area is quite crowded and hustle, gross in the summer. In addition, the families here often take a rest, bathe in the hot springs in the weekend, so it will be quite crowded. I love to enjoy, so if I have come here I will not choose this way of bath.
Walking along the streets in Wulai you will find many hotels with hot spring bath services. A bit more luxurious, you can go to the resorts. But talking luxurious is fun, because the price is not too expensive. I think you should choose a resort to be thoughtfully served from A-Z because in addition to bathing, there are other interesting miscellaneous things (I will reveal right below). Once you have visited Wulai, let’s have to take a “luxury” bath once to be satisfied!
I chose Volando Urai Spring Spa & Resort. This is the best hot spring bath service in Wulai. You can easily find it. If you’re tired of playing, take a bath here to stay awake and recharge. Addres: No. 176, Section 5, Xinwu Road, Wulai District
First choose the types of bath you want to take.
Called public bath (more luxurious than bath outside a stream a little bit). You only spend about 750 – 850TWD (USD24.26 – USD27.50) /person. The bathroom is spacious, clean, still has a view overlooking the turquoise lake but you will bathe with many people and … have to nude. Of course, there will be a separate male and female room, however if you not be familiar with “nude bath” with strangers, you should consider.
Private bath alone or from 2 to 3 people (of course those are your friends). There are many types of rooms for you to choose with different prices from 980 – 5000TWD (USD31.71 – USD161.76) / room. Because it is an hourly bath, each bath is 1-1.5 hours, so if you don’t book in advance, you may have to wait if on weekends and peak season. So, make reservation in advance is better!
You also can reserve the meal after bathing. There are many packages such as fine dining or afternoon tea, depending on your preference. After “luxury” bathed, you should to stay and eat and drink properly, sipping a cup of tea will be extremely poetic.
Personally, I choose the voucher to bathe the stream and enjoy Xiao Long Bao (Xiaolongbao) dumplings. This is a famous cake of Taiwanese cuisine. Very good taste, guys!
When you book, please remember to select the time frame you will come. After payment, you will receive voucher via email within 2 days. After that, just print out and put into your suitcase, and wait until the day you depart.
The experience of the hot spring bath in Wulai I reviewed is very detailed here, plz read: Volando Urai Hot Spring review — The fullest review hot spring bath at Volando Urai Hot Spring Resort & Spa in Taipei. As I said, just only bath but have a lot of things. I’m really like a countryman when I first came here. Let’s read it first, so you don’t have to be as surprised as me.
Wulai blog: Get back to the city
The way back as well as the way go. However, when I finished bathing, I was lazy, I rented a spa’s car, they will take you straight to Xindian MRT station with 50TWD, fine! Call this number: +886-2-2661-6555
Otherwise, just take the bus number 849 again to Xindian, then return to the city.
Why not stay in Wulai? There are still hotels here, even in the place where I recommend you to take a bath also have the rooms (You can find more, check rates, availability & booking for Wulai hotels on Agoda.com or Booking.com). However, I see one day is enough for you to explore Wulai. The evening here will be quite sad. A slow day of living, avoiding noisy, dust and smoke, return to Taipei to continue your journey with interesting destinations or continue discover New Taipei. The Shifen, Jiufen is also two great places, I spent the next day to come here.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.