To help you plan your Singapore itinerary 5 days 4 nights self-sufficient trip have more fun and more flexible, in addition to the above destinations you can look at some other great places, such as:
- MRT Singapore for tourist & Public transport in Singapore for tourists — The cheapest & best way to get around Singapore
- Must eat food in Singapore — Top 14 must try & most Singapore famous food to eat in Singapore
- Bugis & Kampong Glam places of interest — Top 8 best places to visit in Bugis and Kampong Glam Singapore
- Cheap places to eat in Singapore — Top 9 best affordable restaurants in Singapore you should not miss
- What to do in Changi Airport? — Top 9 best things to do in Changi Airport, Singapore
Jurong Bird Park: It is no exaggeration to say that this is the largest bird cage in the world when it owns up to 5,000 feathered individuals of 400 different species.
Butterfly & Insect Kingdom: This is the “butterfly and insect collection” and of course the largest in the world.
Singapore itinerary 5 days blog — Day 4: Visiting the famous museums system of Singapore
Each museum has its own style, but all will break the thought. “The museum is boring, nothing to visit”. If you do not check-in at least one museum on your singapore itinerary 5 days self-sufficient trip, you will definitely “cry like a river” because of the “so deep” moments here.
This is the Museum of Science and Art of Singapore – ArtScience Museum. As soon as the main door of the museum closes, it is time to explore the unbelievable beauty of Singapore’s technology, science, fine art and art. Especially, the Future World theme will bring you the unexpected experiences.
As its name, the National Gallery of Singapore is home to more than 8,000 works of art from the National Collection of Singapore and also offers the unique artistic experiences to help local people and visitors known the artistic values of the Lion Island Nation.
Not only is home of more than 1700 artifacts tinged with the ups and downs of the history of Singapore, but it also tells you stories about the formation and development of the smallest country in Southeast Asia.
Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
Do you want to learn about the world of prehistoric animals such as the giant Mammoth or the Tyrannosaurus (Tyrant Lizard King)? If so, go to the Lee Kong Chian Natural Museum. With 15 galleries showing the history and development of plants – animals – reptiles … on earth and a huge collection of fossils of dinosaurs, this museum is a “time machine” that will take you return to the primitive, wild earth.
Toy Mint Museum
Not only children but adults, especially toy followers and toy collectors are “running” to the MINT Museum of Toys Singapore when they visit the country. Come here, you will have the opportunity to admire more than 50,000 toys collected from more than 40 countries around the world with the largest collection of Teddy bears in Southeast Asia.
Singapore itinerary 5 days 4 nights — Day 5: Get lost in multicultural old towns, bustling and vibrant colors
The name says it all, Little India is a miniature India that Singapore is embracing in the heart. The most interesting destination in Little India is Serangoon – The Singapore’s most showy color streets with houses designed and decorated in traditional Indian style.
Get out of this street, let’s come to Campbell Street to shop for anything in the world, from handicrafts, decorative accessories, hand embroidery saris, souvenirs to fancy Henna tattoos at affordable prices.
Tips: In addition to Campbell Street Flea Market, you can also visit Tekka Market, Little India Arcade or Mustafa Center for shopping and dining.
With the Singapore itinerary 5 days 4 nights self-sufficient trip, you can’t help but go to Tiong Bahru – The Singapore’s best “Old Quarter”. The charming beauty of this neighborhood lies in the peaceful streets and slow life. There are no crowded commercial centers, bustling entertainment centers or luxurious playing spots … but only have the mossy old houses, small bookshops, sweet and warm cake shops, artful cafés and traditional markets selling fresh, healthy food.
In contrast to the tranquil of Tiong Bahru, Bugis Street is one of the “most representative” for the modern, bustling, hustling, vibrant and crowded of Singapore with more than 800 large, small to medium-sized stores that sell the traditional souvenirs, handicrafts, jewelry – accessories, clothing – shoes, … and countless other rich and diverse products, goods.
The night falls is the most lively time of Bugis. This is a great opportunity for you to “eat all Singapore” with fresh fruit juices, delicious and tasty Laska noodles, or simmered duck … so be sure to have Bugis on your Singapore itinerary 5 days trip of 2018.
Is one of the “so deep” and the most colorful roads in Singapore. Not only attracts the young generation “cool”, “substance” in Singapore, but it also attracts so many tourists by its cool and graffiti paintings, Haji Lane is also famous for its cafes and restaurants with weird style.
Getting there: From Bugis MRT station you walk in the left direction, go straight to reach Haji Lane. This small street runs between Beach Road and North Bridge Road.
If Little India was the home of Indians in Singapore, China Town was the Chinese village of Lion Island Nation. Here you can not only visit the ancient pagodas, ancient houses bearing the bold of Chinese architecture style but also get into the bustling life and enjoy the traditional Chinese food such as Fujian noodles, Wontons noodles, Dimsum, dumplings, chicken rice … And if you want to buy souvenirs or clothing, accessories … should go to the market of Bugis buy will be much cheaper.
Orchard Road: The shopping mecca for shopping devotees, the most notably is the Ion Orchard.
Kidzania Singapore: Children’s playing area.
Singapore Flyer: For couples who want to have private romantic space or young people want to see the sky.
Where to stay?
- Budget: Chinatown, Burgis, Little India, Geylang. Part of Geylang is the red light district, so if you are visit Singapore for the first time, do not stay here, it will be easy to ask by customs.
- Average: Civic District, Bugis and Kampong Glam, Clarke Quay
- Luxury: Sentosa Resort, Marina Bay Sands, …
Below are some best cheap, budget, mid-range and upscale hotels with good ratings and reviews you can refer to.
- Marina Bay Sands, a top rated 5-star hotel with room rates from $294/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- YOTEL Singapore Orchard Road, a top rated 4-star hotel with room rates from $97/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- M Social Singapore, a top rated 4-star hotel with room rates from $86/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Hotel G Singapore, a top rated 4-star hotel with room rates from $84/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Village Hotel Changi by Far East Hospitality, a 4-star hotel with room rates from $82/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel, a 5-star hotel with room rates from $109/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- One Farrer Hotel, a 5-star hotel with room rates from $131/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore, a 5-star hotel with room rates from $162/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality, a 4-star hotel with room rates from $88/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
- The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, a 5-star hotel with room rates from $211/night. (Check rates and reviews on Agoda.com or Booking.com).
In addition, you can refer to one of the best Airbnb in Singapore:
- Cosy Studio Apartment 2 at Heritage Tiong Bahru at $70/night
- Boat Quay Studio Premium Apartment with River View at $69/night.
- Sea View Studio @ Shenton at $85/night.
- Double Room, 5 Hours: 4PM-9PM same day in Bugis at $39/night.
- S5 @ City Central at $59/night.
- Single Cabin,shared bathroom near Chinatown MRT at $40/night.
- Boat Quay Studio Premium Apartment with River View at $86/night.
- Twin Cabin, shared bathroom near Jalan Besar MRT at $42/night.
–> Use this link https://www.airbnb.com/c/anht5185, to register for an Airbnb account and book a room, you will get a discount up to $55 for the first booking.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Singapore and from Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Private City Transfers between Singapore and Johor Bahru
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore All Day Pass
- The Singapore Pass
- [Klook Exclusive] 3 Hours Singapore City Tour
- Singapore Cityscapes Tour
- [Klook Exclusive] Sentosa Island Introductory Tour in Singapore
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G Portable WiFi for Singapore from Uroaming
- 4G WiFi (SG Pick Up) for Europe
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.