Dynamic, modern with skyscrapers, the presence of famous fashion brands, Hong Kong is still considered an attractive destination of Asia. And another reason why visitors “love” in this fragrant port is the cuisine in general and street food in particular. Are you looking for some best street foods in Hong Kong and Hong Kong must eat street food?. Let’s check it out our Hong Kong street food blog — Top 7 best street food in Hong Kong you must eat for the first time with Living Nomads below.
- Best Asian restaurants in Hong Kong — 10 best Chinese, Japanese, Korean restaurants in Hong Kong you must visit
- Hong Kong must eat places — Top 6 must eat restaurants in Hong Kong
- Tim Ho Wan Hong Kong review — Tasting the cheapest Michelin Star meal you never ever get
- Hong Kong food culture — Hong Kong cuisine tells the historical story of the whole land
- Hong Kong 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Hong Kong & What to do in Hong Kong in a day perfectly?
Talking to Hong Kong street food, people who have been gone, have been tasted, they will very happy when remembering the memories of roasted meat, fatty roasted geese, Curry fish ball, fragrant waffle soft as melt in the mouth … And there are too many other things not to say.
Have you not had the opportunity to Hong Kong? It does not matter, let’s spend a few minutes to refer at these dishes, see if they can’t shit down quietly because they crave to be discovered?
1. Orange cuttlefish
The first dish to mention in Hong Kong recently is the huge squid that has made the online community boil during this time. In Hong Kong, this dish is also known as orange cuttlefish or “Lu shui mo yu” (which can be understood as the squid is soaked in salt water), which is a pavement specialty here.
Unlike the most common type of cuttlefish in Vietnam, in the clip above, the cuttlefish must be about 3 to 4kg or more. Do not be surprised, because you can catch the squid up to a hundred pounds. And because the cuttlefish is so big, it’s enough to cut a few small squares enough to have a big bowl of cuttlefish.
2. Fried Pig Intestines
You can not pretend to be a real street food lover if you have not tried the fried chicken. The pig is stuffed with fried meat, eaten with soy sauce, super delicious. The crispy, fragrant pig intestine pieces are slanted into the stick for visitors to enjoy. Hong Kong’s foods cooked from the intestine are very special so you should not miss
3. Eggs Waffle
Have you ever heard of the famous waffle in Hong Kong? In fact, the preparation of this dish is quite simple, just pour the flour and egg mixture into a toaster, especially you have a waffle looks like delicious chicken eggs. Hong Kong’s Waffle has a hollow, crispy and thin, which is very hot and fragrant, with crispy rim and “eggs” that are tough, it is very hard when becoming cool.
4. Stinky Tofu
Another dish you also have to try in the port is stinky tofu. Like the name, the smell of rotten tofu is very uncomfortable, some people can not smell the smell of stinky tofu, they think it looks like the smell of green cheese or even the smell of sewer … But to those who know the way to eat the tofu with the more smell, the better to enjoy. When eating, you will feel it has a strange smell, fat again and a little more chili sauce is great.
5. Curry Fish Balls
In the list of typical street food in Hong Kong, it is impossible not to mention curry fish balls. Fish meat is filtered, crushed, rounded into individual pieces, fried golden and cooked together with curry. There are fragrant, spicy, sweet characteristics that make you eat once are remembered forever. Maybe this is why this is a must try when you come to the Portland.
6. Dim sum
Diverse, subtle, dim sum is a great gift if you can’t miss while traveling in Hong Kong will unfortunately to death. Dim sum in the port’s land is really variety with dozens of types is processed by methods such as steamed, boiled, baked, and fried. The elaborate, thoughtful way in each piece of dim sum makes you convinced absolutely from the first taste.
7. Roasted meat
Speaking of roasted meat in Hong Kong, people often think of the legendary roasted geese first. But those who have been traveling here say that, in fact, the dishes here are delicious, from geese, the roasted pig to rotten meat, pork fillets. Of course, to enjoy a perfect way, you will have to go to the famous eateries, but if you want to stroll, you can visit any roasted meat “eatery” to try your dish. You will not be disappointed!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Hong Kong you can refer to
- Private MPV Hong Kong International Airport Transfers (HKG) for Hong Kong (Group of 6)
- Shared Coach Transfers from HKG Airport to Hong Kong Hotels
- Private Hong Kong International Airport Tesla Transfers (HKG) for Hong Kong (Group of 3)
- Shared Shuttle Bus Transfers between Hong Kong International Airport and Hong Kong Island & Kowloon
- [Buy 2 Get 1] Outlet Shopping and Sightseeing Day Tour
- Macau Sightseeing Day Tour (Hong Kong/Macau Departure)
- iVenture Hong Kong and Macau Attractions Pass
- Hong Kong Big Bus Unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tours
- Hong Kong Disneyland Park 1-Day Ticket and Meal Coupon Combo
- Hong Kong Airport Express & 72-hour Unlimited MTR Travel Pass
- MTR Tourist Day Pass
- [SALE] Peak Tram Fast-Track Combo
- Hong Kong TramOramic Tour
- [QR Code Direct Entry] Peak Tram Sky Pass (Peak Tram + Sky Terrace 428)
- Hong Kong Octopus Card (HK Airport Pick Up)
- 3G/4G Prepaid SIM Card (HK Airports Pick Up) for Hong Kong
- [Unlimited Data for 5 Days] 4G SIM Card for Hong Kong from YSIM(HK Airport Pick Up)
- [Unlimited Data] 4G Portable WiFi for Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau from Uroaming
- [Unlimited Data] 4G WiFi for Hong Kong/Macau/Mainland China from Song WiFi (HK Airport 24 Hours Pick Up)
Are you looking for more Hong Kong travel guide and top things to do in Hong Kong: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Hong Kong unique experiences — Top 10 unusual places & unique things to do in Hong Kong and Hong Kong itinerary 3 days — The fullest guide for what to do in Hong Kong for 3 days and Hong Kong 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Hong Kong & What to do in Hong Kong in a day perfectly?