When it comes to Thailand, people often think about Bangkok. Beyond the hustle and bustle of Bangkok, Khao Yai is a land of peace, greenery that satisfies the needs of relaxation and meditation. Khao Yai means “big mountain”, about 3 hours drive from Bangkok. Once coming here, you will breathe the fresh air as there are not many vehicles on the street, meet friendly locals while still having many fantastic tourist attractions waiting for you to explore. Let’s discover Khao Yai travel blog (Khao Yai blog): Top things to do in Khao Yai and best places to visit in Khao Yai — A peaceful paradise in the tourist country of Thailand with Living Nomads.
- Thailand itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Thailand & what to do in aiwan for 5 days perfectly?
- Doi Inthanon blog — The fullest guide for what to do in Doi Inthanon in 1 day
- Explore Pa Nai Krung of Bangkok — The “fairy” forest built from … landfill of the Thai
- Where to go in Chiang Rai? — 4 Top Chiang Rai tourist attractions & best places to visit in Chiang Rai
- Chiang Mai itinerary 5 days — The suggested Chiang Mai 5 days 4 nights itinerary & How to spend 5 days in Chiang Mai
1. Khao Yai National Park
Situated in the western part of the Sankamphaeng Mountains, the vast majority of Nakhon Ratchasima Province (Khorat) is the third largest park in Thailand, covering an area of about 300 km², including mountainous and grassland areas. The average height of mountains in the park ranges from 400 to 1,000 meters above sea level, in which Khao Rom (1,351 m) is the highest one.
It is home to 3,000 species of plants, 320 species of birds such as the red Jungle Fowl and Coral-billed Ground-cuckoo, 66 species of mammals including black bears, elephants, gaurs, gibbons, deer, swine, …
When you come to Khao Yai National Park, you will be transported by exotic cars that have the upper part like a taxi while the back of which are connected by a large car-like cavity.
You can get to some mountain peaks to experience the panoramic view. Alternatively, taking part in a “wildlife safari” trip is also a great idea to explore Khao Yai National Park thoroughly. If you go in the evening, you will sit in the car and be instructed to shine light into the bushes, grasslands where the animal is hidden. Temperatures are often low at night so it is advisable to bring a jacket.
Khao Yai National Park
- Address: Hin Tung, Mueang Nakhon Nayok District, Nakhon Nayok, Thailand
- Price: 400 Baht / USD $11.30 (Adults), 200 Baht / USD $5.70 (Children)
2. The secret garden in Mount Klangdong
If you are an art or a garden lover, then this is absolutely a must when visiting Khao Yai, Thailand. Located in Klangdong, Oark Chong, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, Secret Art Garden is a private resort that attracts visitors when traveling to Khao Yai.
What are exciting things to do in a garden? there are much more wonderful things to do than you think, from immersing yourself in the flow of small streams, beholding small wooden houses and many unique architectural works of art designed and built by the owner of the garden.
After getting around the garden, stopping at a small cafeteria in Secret Art Garden, don’t forget to enjoy the excellent cold vinaigrette – one of the best Khao Yai’s beverages.A dream corner of the Secret Garden.
Secret Art Garden
- Address: 99 Moo 9, Klangdong Pakchong Nakorn Ratchsima, 30320
- Phone number: 044 993 939Opening Hours: 10am to 6pm daily except Wednesdays
- Entrance Fees: 60 Baht / USD $1.70
3. PB Valley Khao Yai Winery
PB Valley Khao Yai Winery is the place where bottles of fine grape wine are produced. You will fall in love with the endless green vineyards, and every single corner can become an Instagram’s perfect background.
If you are lucky enough to come right on the harvest, you will be attracted by the millions of grapefruit hung on the branches – ingredients to make the bottle of good wine.
Let join the tour PB Valley Khao Yai Winery to enjoy the glass of wine. The wine tasting is the draw here, promise you a memorable day with your family or lover. After that, you can buy souvenirs made from grapes.
- Address: 02/2 Moo 5, Mitraparp Road Payayen Pak Chong District, Nakhon Ratchasima, 30320
- Phone number: +66 81 733 8783
- Opening hours: 8.30 am to 4.30 pm daily
- Entrance Fees: Free (Tours from 200 Baht / USD $5.70)
4. Primo Piazza – a small corner of the Italians
Primo Piazza is also known as Little Italy, is a complex of restaurants, castles, streets … built in the style of Italian architecture. This place is always crowded whether it is on weekdays or weekends.
Feeding the sheep, horses and admire the lovely balconies covered by the green vines will definitely bring you truly pleasant moments.
- Address: 861 Moo 6, Thanarat Road, Tambol Nong Nam Daeng, Pak Chong District, Nakhon Ratchasima 30130
- Phone number: 0440999005
- Opening hours: Fri to Sat (9am to 12pm); Sun to Thurs (9am to 10pm)
- Entrance Fees: 100 Baht / USD $2.80 (Adult), 50 Baht / USD $1.40 (Child)