Khao Yai is a peaceful, friendly town far from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. There are also many interesting attractions for you to experience. What to do in Khao Yai? Where to stay in Khao Yai? The following Khao Yai 2 days 1 night tour itinerary will help you answer that question and discover the beautiful Khao Yai. So, is Khao Yai worth visiting and how many days in Khao Yai is enough? Let’s check out our suggested Khao Yai itinerary 2 days on how to spend 2 days in Khao Yai perfectly with Khao Yai day trip from Bangkok as follows!
- Khao Yai travel blog — Best places to visit & top things to do in Khao Yai, Thailand
- Thailand itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Thailand & what to do in aiwan for 5 days perfectly?
- Best nightlife in Chiang Mai — 8+ cool & best bars in Chiang Mai
- Mae Hong Son travel blog — The fullest Mae Hong Son guide for first-timers
- Top night market in Bangkok — Top 5 Bangkok best night markets you must-visit
How to get to Khao Yai from Bangkok? (#khao yai itinerary)
Traveling to Khao Yai, you must take a flight from Vietnam or other cities to Bangkok airport. Then from Bangkok to Pak Chong city to get to Khao Yai. You should not come to Pak Chong late because the transfer service will stop operating around 6pm.
How to get from Bangkok to Pak Chong?
Bus: Traveling from Bangkok to Pak Chong takes about 3 hours, so you can use public transport such as bus, both cost-effective and safe for you. From the city center of Bangkok you take a taxi to the bus station for 150 baht. Then go to the ticket counter to buy bus tickets to Pak Chong at Mochit bus sation. Bus from Bangkok to Pak Chong costs about 104 Bath / person.
Train: There are 11 daily connecting trains from Bangkok’s Hualamphong Station. Travel time is 3 hours and minutes to 4 hours and 10 minutes with fares from 36/82/161 baht for cabin 3/2/1 respectively.
Rent a private car: If you go with a group of people or with family, and have a good budget, you can rent a private car from Bangkok to Khao Yai. Renting a car is 3,000 Bath ($86.41), if shared with many people, it is also quite cheap.
Transportation from Pak Chong to Khao Yai
Songthaew: A safe and saving money option for you is to choose a Songthaew (a typical vehicle in Thailand or Laos) to go to Khao Yai area. Its operating time from 8am to 4:30pm for 40 baht/ticket. A small note when you take a Songthaew is that you should pay attention to the area of Khao Yai National Park greeting board, then press the horn to get off, or if you are not sure, you can ask the assistant when you arrive to remind you to get off right spot.
Rent a private scooter: Renting a scooter in Pak Chong costs from 300 baht/day (~$8.64). There are a few car rental shops on the main road near the pedestrian bridge, such as: KhaoYai Motorcycle. Alternatively, you can rent a scooter at the north gate of the national park for 600 baht (~$17.28). However, the number of scooters here is not too much for you to choose from.
Day 1: Depart from Bangkok to Khao Yai (#khao yai itinerary)
After a journey of more than 3 hours departing from Bangkok, we officially arrived in Khao Yai. We chose The Magical Ban Mai Chay Nam Restaurant as the first stop for this Khao Yai itinerary 2 days 1 night.
Lunch at The Magical Ban Mai Chay Nam Restaurant (#khao yai itinerary)
Address: 21, Mittraphat Road, Pak Chong, Thailand
Opening hours: 10am to 10pm
Tel: +66 44 314 236
This restaurant space makes you feel like returning to your childhood which was once close to you. You can choose popular dishes here, from seafood to Thai street food, all on the restaurant’s menu. The price of the dishes ranges from 50 baht to 80 baht.
Stay at U Khao Yai Resort (#khao yai day trip from bangkok)
Address: 99/22 Moo 1, Tanarat Road, Moosri, Pakchong, Khao Yai
Room rates: Double room price from $61.56.
The local chain of hotels in Thailand – U Hotels and Resorts, they usually built on small and narrow streets. This hotel in Khao Yai was built at the end of 2016. The entire hotel is located in a resort with a warm yellow hall, fully furnished, and careful. Each room has a small balcony and overlooks the green garden. The hotel has a 24-hour gym, swimming pool and spa. There are also free bikes for you to riding around. Breakfast has a wide variety of dishes. U Khao Yai is the ideal choice for our Khao Yai itinerary 2 days 1 night.
You can check rates, reviews and book via Agoda.com or Booking.com
Dinner at the street food area: Pak Chong night market
Address: PC37+WF4 2422 Tambon Pak Chong, Pak Chong District, Nakhon Ratchasima 30130, Thailand
Pak Chong Night Market is a cheap dining place for your trip. There are many dishes which are mango sticky rice (60 Bath), meat skewers (35 Bath), grilled chicken wings (6 Bath), French fries (39 Bath), salad noodles (60 Bath) and fresh fruit like papaya (20 Bath)… Surely you will get full stomach when you return to the hotel, which only takes around 150 Baht.
Day 2: Khao Yai National Park – PB Valley Khao Yai Winery & Vineyard – Bangkok (#2 days in khao yai)
Khao Yai National Park
Address: Hin Tung, Mueang Nakhon Nayok District, Nakhon Nayok, Thailand
Opening hours: 8am-20pm daily
Price: 400 baht/adult, 200 baht/child (check receipt)
This is Thailand’s first national park with a large area spanning 4 provinces. You should take the time to explore the rich and diverse flora and fauna here during your 2 days 1 night in Khao Yai.
The temperature here is quite low because it is surrounded by mountains and forests. On the way you can encounter monkeys, wild elephants, elk… It it is best to keep personal items away if you do not want to be stolen by monkeys.
Along the way you can see signs of The Boonie Bears, which makes visitors both excited and nervous. Haew Narok Waterfall is famous as a spot that appeared in a Leonardo DiCaprio’s movie. You can hear the songs of more than 300 species of birds here, and many birdwatchers come to enjoy.
You should contact the manager directly or book a day tour. Experienced guides will explain a lot about ecology and animals to you. They also know where the animals will appear, well worth a try.
PB Valley Khao Yai Winery
Address: Phaya Yen, Pak Chong District, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
Ticket price: Free admission
Only a 30-minute drive from Khao Yai National Park, you can go to Khao Yai’s largest wine production area and enjoy delicious, quality glasses of wine, learn about the winemaking process when participating in Wine Tour (fare 300 baht/person). Here, you will have comfortable check-in photos at the vineyard as a souvenir for your memorial Khao Yai travel itinerary.
Lunch at Midwinter Green restaurant
Address: 10 88/88 Soi Ban Sai Thong Mu 24 Soi 2, Nong Nam Daeng, Pak Chong District, Nakhon Ratchasima 30130
Opening hours: 10am-22pm every day, only Friday and Saturday close at 11pm
The restaurant is located on the main road of Pak Chong to Khao Yai. Styled like a medieval castle, it serves a variety of appetizers, pastas, pizzas, sandwiches and meat dishes in classic Western style or innovative Thai dishes. Outside the restaurant there is a small supermarket, inside there is a stage for weekend performances. Lunch at Midwinter Green is probably the most luxurious experience in our 2 days in Khao Yai trip.
Back to Bangkok from Khao Yai
How to go from Khao Yai to Bangkok? You should ask the hotel reception to call a pickup truck to take you to Pak Chong town. The cost is about 200 Baht/trip.
Returning to Bangkok, you can catch a bus for 133 Baht/person (including cookies and water) or rent a minivan for about 160 Baht/person (if you have a lot of belongings, you will have to pay more for your luggage). Whether taking a bus or a minivan, you should remember to tell the driver to let you off at BTS Mochit. We end our Khao Yai travel for 2 days 1 night here to return to Vietnam here.
Some tips before you go
- One of the most important things is that you should print the address + phone number of the hotel, restaurant and also the places you want to go (this especially needs to be printed in Thai to give the taxi, motorbike taxi drivers… to find way easily, especially in the deserted mountains like Khao Yai where the drivers don’t understand what we saying), and in case the phone runs out of battery or breaks down suddenly.
- The bus ride from Bangkok to Khao Yai is only about 3 hours. Remember to tell the driver in advance that you will get down to Pak Chong (the car running for about 2 hours, please tell them to make sure).
- The return bus from Khao Yai to Bangkok runs faster than the departure trip. Only about 2 and a half hours, remember not to oversleep!
- At the airport and bus stations in Bangkok, there are taxi meter platforms, ask the security to find that area to avoid “losing money unfairly”.
Above is my suggestion about Khao Yai travel itinerary 2 days 1 night. After finishing the trip, you can stay in Bangkok to shop or visit famous tourist attractions here. Wishing you a happy, safe and meaningful trip.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Khao Yai you can refer to
- Khao Yai Custom Tour from Bangkok: National Park, Palio Village, Chok Chai Farm, and More
- Khao Yai All-Time Favorites Private Tour from Bangkok
- Private Khao Yai Multiple Days Custom Tour from Bangkok
- 4-Day/5-Day Khao Yai Full Experience Private Tour from Bangkok
- Private Car Charter Between Bangkok and Khao Yai by Oriental Holiday
- 1-Day, 2-Day, or 3-Day Khao Yai Nature & Wildlife Private Tour from Bangkok
- [SALE] 4G Sim Card (Thailand Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G SIM Card (BKK Airport Pick Up) for Thailand (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Pocket WiFi (Bangkok and Phuket Airports Pick Up) for Thailand
- 4G Portable WiFi for Thailand from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Read more Thailand travel guide here. And Bangkok.