Sentosa used to be a small fishing village and also served as the barracks of the British Army, but now it has become a complex tourist attraction that is extremely impressive with many natural attractions, museums, the amusement park and the heritage center. The entire Sentosa Island has 4 leisure and resort center, including Imbiah Lookout, Siloso Point, Beaches and Resorts World Sentosa. You can travel between these zones by bus or the Sentosa Express. Let’s explore top 12 best places to visit in Sentosa Island (Top places to visit in Sentosa, Sentosa tourist attractions, places to visit in Sentosa island Singapore), Singapore with Living Nomads below.
- Sentosa island blog — The fullest Sentosa travel guide for a great trip to Sentosa Island for the first-timers
- MRT Singapore for tourist & Public transport in Singapore for tourists — The cheapest & best way to get around Singapore
- Must eat food in Singapore — Top 14 must try & most Singapore famous food to eat in Singapore
- Bugis & Kampong Glam places of interest — Top 8 best places to visit in Bugis and Kampong Glam Singapore
- Singapore itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Singapore budget for the first-timers?
No need to take a trip to America, you can also admire the familiar image of famous films of Hollywood. Now, you just arrive at Universal Studios, you can satisfy yourself in the movie world.
Opened in 2010, Universal Studios Singapore has seven themed sections with countless rides and shows, all related to major hit movies. The park is part of the US$4.4 billion Resorts World Sentosa Development.
With 24 contemporary scenes under 7 themes of world-famous films, Universal Studios Singapore is a miniature world with fairy tales for children and even adults.
As soon as you step through the big gate, you immediately see the character that has long been believed that only exist in cartoons, fiction movies and more surprises await visitors inside.
Especially, each stall has its own souvenir shop. Visitors can buy cute-designed souvenirs for gifts or memory later.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 am – 06:00 pm daily
- Location: On Sentosa Island, south of the main Singapore Island (take the Sentosa Express from Vivocity Shopping Mall. Get off at Waterfront Station and from there you can walk to Universal Studios. Or take a bus just outside Vivocity).
- Address: 11 Sentosa East Mall, Singapore 099054
- Tel: +65 6577 8888
- Universal Studios Singapore blog — The fullest USS guide for wonderful 1 day trip to Universal Studio Singapore.
- Universal Studios Singapore tips — Top 5 best tips for a wonderful trip to Universal Studio Singapore.
Located in Sentosa, S.E.A. Aquarium gives visitors a vast of the gorgeous ocean. This is the largest aquarium in the world and it could also be the best. It is an amazing aquarium full of marine life displayed attractively.
There are over 100,000 marine animals of over 800 different species and over 20,000 kinds of corals with the capacity up to 45 million liters. Aquarium also owns the longest lazy river in the world (620m) and the collection of the world’s largest stingray.
Besides the water tank are the movie screen and tables give visitors enough information about each species in the S.E.A. Aquarium.
In addition, visitors can enjoy a truly memorable dining experience at Oceans restaurant located inside the S.E.A Aquarium while watching the sea creatures swimming around.
- Address: 8 Sentosa Gateway, S.E.A. Aquarium, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore 098269
- Phone: +65 6577 8899
- Opening hours: 10:00 am to 07:00 pm.
- Entrance fee: Adults: 25 SGD (about 18 USD) / Kids: 18 SGD (about 13 USD).
3. The Image of Singapore LIVE
The chronological history of Singapore since the 14th century has been displayed at the Images of Singapore.
From these events marked the history to the daily life such as traditional wedding ceremony; a casual warm meal or a Mid-Autumn Festival night full of happiness in a Chinese family; practices, rituals of the Indians … are exhibited here too.
Coming here, you’ll feel as if you were walking to the past.
When looking at the whole process of the island’s history from ancient times, you will have the feeling that you are living in each important phases of this beautiful island’s history.
- Address: 40 Imbiah Road, Imbiah Lookout, Sentosa, Singapore 099700
- Ticket price: Adult (13-59 yrs): $39.00 / Child (3-12 yrs): $29.00
- Opening hours: Mon to Fri: 10am to 6pm / Sat, Sun & public holidays: 10am to 7.30pm
- Tel: (+65) 6715 4000
- Website: http://www.imagesofsingaporelive.com/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MadameTussaudsSingapore
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MTsSingapore
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/MTSSingapore
- How to get there: It is easily accessible by car, taxi and public transport.
4. Sentosa Skyline Luge & Skyride
Those who love thrilling games, certainly you can not ignore the Sentosa Luge, the game with Luge sled was introduced for the first time in Southeast Asia.
Players will sit on a non-motor designed vehicle and control the vehicle to go through a 1.4 km-long road without hitting other vehicles or the roadside.
Skyline Luge suit anyone, from those who love the speed with skills flowing through the zigzag steep, to shy person using the brake more and slowly go through the road.
You can choose either the Jungle Trail (650m) or The Dragon Trail (668m), but many people said that The Dragon Trail will make you much more excited with the bends, narrow corners, more difficult obstacles.
- Opening hours: 10:00 am to 9:30 pm daily.
- Address: 45 Siloso Beach Walk, Singapore 099003
- Tel: +65 6274 0472
- Entrance fee (Ticket price):
* Luge & Skyride Packages: Luge & Skyride: 15 SGD / person (about 11 USD). / 3 Luge & 3 Skyride: 25 SGD / person (about 18 USD) / 5 Luge & 5 Skyrides: 33 SGD / person (about 24 USD).
* Family package: 4 family ticket: 35 SGD (about 25 USD) / 8 family ticket: 55 SGD (about 40 USD) / 10 family ticket: 62 SGD (about 45 USD). (* Family Package is applied to families with children under 16 years old.)
* Only Skyride: One way: 10 SGD / person (about 7 USD) / Two-way: 15 SGD / person (about 11 USD) / No limit: 17 SGD / person (about 12 USD).
5. Singapore Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom
With more than 3,000 different species of insects from across the world. This park is the world’s largest collection of butterflies and insects. You’ll be amazed at the colorful world with thousands of butterflies flying around.
Its butterfly park, modeled like an outdoor conservatory, is home to around 1,500 live butterflies of more than 50 species that include both common and rare assortments.