Nowadays, everyone affords to save money for the trips. You do not need to be rich to travel. If travel is a priority for you, you will always have “enough” money to travel. Here are 18 tips for worldwide travel backpackers and bloggers, you will save enough money to travel from A to Z! Here are 18 useful tips on how to save money while on vacation.
- 8 tips on how to save money while on vacation
- How to save money while traveling? – Avoid 8 familiar errors but “burning money” that travelers often suffer
- 10 itelligent ways on how to save money while traveling
- Japan on a budget — 5 tips on how to save money while traveling in Japan
- How to get tax FREE shopping in Singapore?
1. Join in the backpacking groups on Facebook to receive information about the discount airfares.
2. Be flexible.
Specifically, if you want to travel in one place, be flexible about the time. If you want to travel to many places, be flexible about the location of these places. However, only select 1 in 2 way.
3. Take advantage of voucher or gift certificates, discounts related to tourism in all occasions you may receive gifts such as birthdays, graduations or major holidays.
4. Instead of saving money spent on food when traveling, then why don’t you save money at home. Travelling is a chance to experience a new exciting cuisine!
5. Create a bank account to save money for the trip. Absolutely do not touch that account.
6. Use credit cards and debit cards because these cards will help you do not lose a useless amount of money when withdrawing cash abroad.
7. Travel at the cheapest times.
Avoiding the weekends can make a huge impact on the price of flights. Midweek flights are often four times cheaper than traveling at weekends.
8. Get email from the low-cost airlines or sites specialized in selling airline tickets in order to receive the information about ticket prices as soon as possible.
9. Don’t worry – be ‘apply’
In the era of technology and gadgets, your smartphone can be a handy money-saving travel buddy. There are apps on the market for everything including travel guides, maps, phrasebooks, and even torches!
Download these and you’ll save not only a wad of cash on paper travel guides, maps and phrasebooks but also a lot of space in your case meaning less chance of excess baggage charges.
Use Rome 2 Rio applications. This app provides you all kinds of transportation from personal to public transportation everywhere in the world, from which you can choose the most suitable and cheapest mean of transportation.
10. Mix and match your flights
You can save money by flying out and back with different airlines or from different airports
11. Taking advantage of transit flights.
This idea is based on the fact that the price of airline ticket depends on market demand rather than distance, so fly lots of places is cheaper than a direct flight.
12. Fly indirect
Flights which originate from a point and terminate at another point will be expensive. Choosing multi-journey flights because you can save more and have a chance to visit more destinations.
For example, if you want to fly from Mumbai to Helsinki, then an airline which flies from another city to Helsinki via Mumbai will be cheaper.
If money is more important than time, then consider a flight with a stop-over. you should search for indirect routes which are often a far cheaper option.
13. Travel in low season
If you can avoid it, don’t head to Australia for Christmas or to Spain just as school summer holidays begin. Travel off-season and you’re sure to find better bargains. Much of Europe still has beautiful weather come September, but with kids back at school, flights will be cheaper and your destination a lot less crowded.
14. Take advantage of being hosted by the unusual lodging site such as CouchSurfing and Airbnb or friends abroad to save on housing.
15. BYO food on board
Nowadays many airlines charge for food on board. So save yourself a small fortune by taking along your own snacks instead of buying them on the plane or in the airport.
16. Buy a Priority Pass membership card
to not waiting for the long transit or flight delay/cancellation. In fact, this card is worth the investment, because you are entitled to many services at the airport. Even you will have the opportunity to invite your guests or business partners to the waiting room.
17. Find cheap entertainment.
Search for discount policies of the places you’re going to. Many museums around the world, particularly in Europe, often offer cheap tickets for people under 25 years old. In France, movie tickets only cost $ 1 because they want to encourage visitors to discover French culture.
18. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
Imitating the local people, they always travel by the public transport. Many leading tourist cities, like Singapore, have pre-loaded metro & bus passes. These passes are very convenient for internal city travel.