Coron and El Nido are two of the most popular spots in the beautiful and unique island of Palawan, with colorful coral reefs, the shipwreck being an ideal diving spot, lagoons of clear water and natural brackish water pool is on the list of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Coron and El Nido all have their own beauty that surely sea lovers cannot miss. However, in terms of time and health are not allowed should choose to go El Nido vs Coron Palawan? This article compares Coron and El Nido, so you can choose for your trip. You like Coron or El Nido? Hopefully through this article you will find which island you prefer more.
- Best areas to stay in Penang — Top 5 best places to stay in Penang for the first-timers
- Pattaya tourist attractions — Top 10 best places to visit in Pattaya
- Top beaches in Koh Phangan — Top 9 best beaches in Koh Phangan, Thailand
- A little guide to Boracay — The paradise island resort of the Philippines
- Boracay trip blog — The fullest guide for a budget trip to Boracay, Philippines
Getting to Coron and El Nido
From Manila to Coron there is a direct flight. And if you want to get to El Nido, you must fly to Puerto Princessa and take a 5-6 hour bus to El Nido. The way from Puerto to El Nido is very difficult to move and easy to get tired.
Compare the attractions of Coron and El Nido
El Nido and Coron have a common characteristic that many large coral reefs create lagoons and beautiful beaches.
El Nido has more beautiful lagoons than Coron, fewer attractions than Coron and most beaches, snorkeling spots and lagoons are quite close together. Getting to Coron just 3 days is enough and you will be on tour A, B and visit 3 beaches Nacpan, Lascabanas, Dagmay.
Coron is more diversified with a series of islands with beautiful beaches, Coron is famous for its brackish water lakes, Kayangan and Barracuda, you can enjoy the feeling of floating on these lakes and exploring the many hidden rocks under clear water will make you never forget. Coron is larger than El Nido, with up to six island tours, each tour with its own special character, Coron, more specifically El Nido in Japanese and Chinese warships, and a large coral garden which makes those who love snorkeling and diving scuba diving can not miss this opportunity.
Coron also has a natural hot spring pool but it is different from the other hot spring pools. Here is salt water, seemingly all weariness completely dissolve when you come here. If you are a natural animal lover you will be completely conquered by the Calauit eco-conservation island with rare animals taken directly from Africa, feeling different from the animal zoo when the animals drop themselves. You can get your jeep run around and get close to.
Compare the nightlife between Coron and El Nido
No having any interesting pub bar in Coron, but El Nido has a live band bar, in which the most famous is the Pukka bar reggae bar band and romantic candlelit restaurants.
Coron has restaurants close to the sea to watch the great sunset.
Hotels, resorts in Coron and El Nido
Coron has many resorts, more cost-effective hotels than El Nido, resorts in Coron are also more unique than El Nido, it is suitable for honeymoons. The three most beautiful resorts are the Sanctuaria treehouse, the Coron underwater garden resort on the pool, which is inspired by the Maldives waterfront resort, Sandcastle behind the mountain and in front is a separate beach with many dive sites and beaches. The white sand beach next to Kayark can be reached.
If you love to camp on a separate island with nice bungalows, having a dark campfire and gathering with family or your lover, Caleb Island is a great choice. Closing there is Coron’s most beautiful coral garden and the large shipwreck for dive enthusiasts.
Resort in El Nido is super expensive and facilities are not really worth the money you spend. The resort is located near the Lascabanas are beautiful but the cost is also expensive. In addition, this is the best place to watch the sunset.
Below we recommend more best budget, mid-range and upscale hotels with good ratings and reviews you can refer to.
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island (Booking)
- Cuna Hotel (Agoda, Booking)
- Sea Cocoon Hotel (Agoda, Booking)
- S Resort El Nido (Agoda, Booking)
- Rosanna’s Pension (Agoda, Booking)
- One El Nido Suite (Agoda, Booking)
- El Nido Resorts Lagen Island (Agoda, Booking)
The best place to visit: El Nido or Coron?
Coron is the best place for people with weak health and just wants to fly straight. There is a 4-7 days schedule.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, from and to El Nido you can refer to
- El Nido Tour A Lagoons & Islands
- El Nido Tour C Hidden Beaches & Shrine
- El Nido Tour B Caves & Islands
- El Nido Tour A + C
- El Nido Tour D Lagoons & Beaches
- Tour A El Nido, Palawan
- Tour El Nido Land
- One-Way Fast Ferry Ticket Between Coron and El Nido
- El Nido Nacpan and Duli Beach
- Puerto Princesa to El Nido Van Transfer (Shared or Private)
- El Nido Tours in a Luxury Speedboat
- Shared Van Transfer between El Nido and Port Barton
- Tour El Nido C + A
- El Nido Tour D Lagoons & Beaches
- El Nido Tour A,B,C,D w/ Envi&Lagoon Fees (No Hidden Charges)
- Tour A of El Nido, Palawan
Read more Philippines guide here.