M’Pai Bay fishing village is located in the north of the Koh Rong Samloem, Cambodia, where there are many beautiful beaches around, as the main beach of Koh Rong Samloem Saracen with many tourists and fully booked on holidays, why not in M’Pai Bay? Living Nomads makes sure that you will find much more attractive things in Saracen bay.
- Cambodia top beaches — 15+ most beautiful & best beaches in Cambodia
- Best areas to stay in Penang — Top 5 best places to stay in Penang for the first-timers
- Pattaya tourist attractions — Top 10 best places to visit in Pattaya
- Siem Reap tourist attractions — Top 10 best places to visit in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Siem Reap travel blog — The fullest Siem Reap travel guide for first-timers
So, is M’Pai Bay worth visiting, how to visit M’Pai Bay, what to do in M’Pai Bay and how to plan a budget trip to M’Pai Bay for the first-time perfectly? Let’s check out our M’Pai Bay travel blog (M’Pai Bay blog) with the fullest M’Pai Bay travel guide (guide to M’Pai Bay, M’Pai Bay tourist guide, M’Pai Bay city guide, M’Pai Bay guide) from how to get to M’Pai Bay, best places to visit, best time to come, what to eat as well as top things to do in M’Pai Bay to help you maximize your trip as follows!
5 reasons why you should stay in M’Pai Bay
1. Many beautiful beaches near M’Pai Bay
2. The price is super cheap
3. Food cheap and super delicious
4. Enjoy the most beautiful sunset on the island of Koh Rong Samloem
5. The most beautiful snorkeling place
Things to do in M’Pai Bay
View the sunset
An excellent M’Pai Bay experience, the two most beautiful sunset views are at the Cliff hostel (from the bar down the stairs and rock formations on the left side of the Mango Lounge.
Diving and seeing coral
M’Pai Bay is home to the most beautiful coral reefs in Koh Rong Samloem. You can see cuttlefish, seahorses, and many fish and corals with all colors. You do not need to hire a boat or go for coral reef tours like at other beaches in Koh Rong Samloem and Koh Rong but you just go from the beach to the old pier alongside the main pier.
Trekking to visit different beaches
Closing to M’Pai, there are many beautiful beaches, quiet, pristine and beautiful than Saracen Bay so you can not miss to have the virtual photos. The two most beautiful beaches are Clear Water Bay (Driftwood) and Eco Sea Dive only 15-30 minutes walk. If you can not walk, then you rent a longtail boat to 5 dollars/person/route. Full day boat trip on the island about 35-50 dollars /boat can carry up to 20 people.
How to get to M’Pai Bay
The only way to get to M’Pai Bay is to take a speed ferry from Sihanoukville or you can go from Koh Rong and Koh Rong Samloem.
From Sihanoukville to M’Pai Bay: Two-way fare is 22 dollars and there are seven flights a day from Buva Sea and Speed Ferry.
- From Koh Rong Samloem (Orchid Pier) to M’Pai Bay: 7 dollars for one way and 5 dollars/day for Buva Sea.
- From Koh Rong (Koh Touch Pier) to M’Pai Bay: 7 dollars for one way and 5 dollars/day for Buva Sea.
The way to go around M’Pai Bay
You can go by walking, renting a motorbike taxi or the Long Tail Boat. However, Living Nomads advise that you should walk or rent the boat because the roads in islands are not good to move by motorbike taxi or rent a motorbike
The best hotels in M’Pai Bay
M’Pai Pay’s hotels have basic rooms, so the price is so cheap. But, M’Pai Bay is a worth place to stay and relax for your holiday
M’Pai Bay accommodation
The cheap hotels, hostels, motels
The Cliff Hostel: dorms are from 5 dollars, private rooms have the bathroom with the cost of 25 dollars, four people room with the cost of 35 dollars. The price is changed according to the low season or peak season. It is evaluated better than other hostels at booking.com because it is often in full room status, about 300m walk from the pier.
Bong’s guesthouse: has the price of 15 dollars for the private room with bathroom inside
Seapony bungalow: the price is range from 15 dollars for the double room, inside the bathroom and the restaurant serves the best foods.
Easy Tiger Bungalow: About 15 dollars with the private room and the bathroom inside, this is one of the first motels in M’Pai Bay, good evaluated and best location.
The average cost hotels
M’Pay Bay Bungalows: is the most beautiful bungalow in M’Pai Bay, near the pier, beautiful rooms, fan, bed, bungalow very large, very cheap price from only 25 dollars.
Beach House: is the only place with air-conditioner, beautiful and clean bungalow, the price from 50 dollars or more. Give 20 dollars of discount code when booking at Beach House on Airbnb.
Sunset Bungalows: Range from 28 dollars, beautiful rooms, beautiful sunset view location.
The best restaurants in M’Pai Bay
The food in M’Pay Bay is very tasty and cheap; the price is only from 2 dollars for one compared to Saracen Bay is half the price.
Have a buffet at Fish Hook restaurant (close to The Cliff Hostel) for only 8 dollars per person, many dishes, grilled seafood, dessert … vitamins here super big cup with the price is 2.5 dollars to drink for three people
Cliff Hostel’s food is priced from 3 dollars, chef from Phnom Penh’s 5-star hotel so the dishes are deliciously cooked.
The restaurant of the Seapony guesthouse should have breakfast here, visitors appreciate the restaurant very well.
Some other cheap restaurants close to the pier have beach chairs right away, the cost is from 2 dollars
Nightlife in M’Pai Bay
There are more exciting than Saracen Bay, there are many bars, cocktails are quite cheap, especially the bar at The Cliff hostel, although a bit far but the cheapest alcoholic drinks here, play music nice, crowded.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Phnom Penh you can refer to
- Shared Bus Transfers from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh, Kampot, or Kep by Giant Ibis
- Phnom Penh Airport Transfers (PNH) for Phnom Penh
- Shared Bus Transfers between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville by Giant Ibis
- Private City Transfers between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh
- Shared Bus Transfers from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh by Mekong Express Bus Limousine
- Shared Bus Transfer between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh by Giant Ibis
- Private Phnom Penh International Airport Transfers (PNH) for Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh City Day Tour
- Phnom Penh Half Day City Trip with Shared Van
- Phnom Penh Half Day Cycling Tour
- Hidden Phnom Penh City Tour
- Phnom Penh Heritage Tour
- Phnom Penh Past and Present Half Day Tour
Are you finding more top things to do in Cambodia: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Siem Reap travel blog — The fullest Siem Reap travel guide for a budget trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia. And Let’s check it out at here.