Traveling to the “Republic of International Cuisine” without finding information about Taiwanese food experience below is really a pity for your trip! When to come to this country, what to do, where to go, but you definitely have to try these foods Living Nomads introduce below. Are you looking for must eat food in Taiwan (Taiwan must eat). Let’s check it out through our Taiwan food blog — Top 9 foods you have to try in Taiwan, must try food in Taiwan (food to try in Taiwan, food must try in Taiwan), best food in Taiwan, best street food in Taiwan, traditional food in Taiwan as follows! and best places to eat them with Living Nomads below. Now let’s go!
- Must eat food in Taipei — Top 23+ best street food in Taipei & best places to eat them
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei
- Visit Din Tai Fung Taipei Original (Din Tai Fung Xinyi) — Tasting the best dimsum at the best dimsum restaurant in the world
- Taipei night market food — Top 18 best Taipei street food night market you should try
- Best Asian restaurants in Hong Kong — 10 best Chinese, Japanese, Korean restaurants in Hong Kong you must visit
Braised pork rice
Braised pork rice seems to be not strange to the Vietnamese, but mention to Taiwan, it is impossible not to mention the famous braised pork rice. You will not be able to resist the image of a bowl of Taiwanese hot rice cooked with salty meat sauce, soft and spicy in your mouth, especially when you are hungry.
Tips: You can go to Jin Feng Braised Pork Rice, located at No. 10 – 1 Zone 1, Roosevelt Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei to enjoy. This place is very close to C.K.S. Memorial Hall Station, so it is not too hard to go. To find the way, you can view the map or copy the following address: No. 10 – 1, Section 1, Roosevelt Rd 羅斯福 路 一段 10 – 1 號, Zhongzheng District, 台北市 100 Taiwan. You can give this address to the driver if traveling by taxi.
Taiwanese beef noodle soup
Beef noodle soup is always available at Master chefs competitions in Taiwan. Everyone who already came here also acknowledged that Taiwan beef noodle soup was the king of beef noodle soup. According to the Taiwanese food experience of the tourists, beef noodle soup restaurant that you can not ignore is Lao Wang on Taoyuan Road.
Address: Lao Wang Ji Beef Noodle Soup 老王記牛肉麵大王. No. 15, Taoyuan Street
Phone: (02) 2375-8973
Oyster Omelet (#must try food in taiwan)
This dish is a very interesting snack on the island of Taiwan. Eggs will be fried with sweet potato powder with lettuce, vegetable sprout, and especially fresh oysters or small oysters, similar to oysters pancakes. According to the food experience in Taiwan, located in No. 198 – 22, on Minsheng Road, Datong District of Taipei City, this is the best place to enjoy this favorite oyster omelet.
Bubble milk tea is probably the most famous dish of Taiwanese brand that everyone in the world knows. Chun Shui Tang and Hanlin are two teahouses claiming to have invented this tea. They used to mix sugar bubbles and tea together. And no matter which teahouse invented the drink, nowadays it is available around Taiwan with many different variations. Read more: Best bubble tea in Taiwan — Top 6 most famous and top bubble tea brands in Taiwan.
Taiwanese Gua Bao cake (#must try food in taiwan)
This cake is considered as Taiwanese – style hamburger. The cake crust is soft and fragrant, and the dumplings include braised pork with shredded cabbage and peanut flour. The cake is extremely delicious when eating and bitting a large piece of the cake. Especially, you should use when the cake is hot and you can taste full of sour, salty with sweet as well as soft braised pork, which melts in your mouth. In some articles discussing Taiwanese food experience, you should go to Lan Jia’s Gua Bao store at No. 3, Lane 8 on 316 Road, Section 3 of Roosevelt Street, Daan District, Taipei.
Tian bu la – Oden
This is exactly the grilled chopped fish and it is made from groundfish and made into different shapes and sizes. Then they fry them in the oil pan and eat while it is still hot with spicy sauce.
Address: Simon Tian store at No. 95, South Xinjiang Road, Wanhua District, Taipei.
To make this dish, chicken is cooked with a recipe consisting of a cup of rice wine with a cup of cooking oil and a cup of soy sauce. This dish has a characteristic flavor of chili, garlic, and very flavorful basil.
Address: 85 – 1F, No.7 in Zone 5 on Xinyi Road, in Xinyi District, Taipei.
Tofu – salted egg
When eating, this dish is used with sesame oil, vinegar and soy sauce, add a little coriander, sprinkle a little onion and can be eaten with dried meat. Especially you can find this delicious dish in any restaurants in Taiwan.
Wu Pao Chun bread
If you are a bread gourmet, do not forget to try the perfect bread at Wu Pao Chun bakery, No. 88, Yanchang Road, Xinyi District, Taipei.
The above information is the food experience in Taiwan that Living Nomads wants to share. If possible, try all the dishes and eat some more specialties!
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.