Access: From Xiandian MRT, go back to Gongguan MRT station, Exit 2 or 3.
- Taiwan itinerary — How to spend 11 days in Taiwan (11 days 10 nights) pefectly?
- Top night markets in Taiwan — Top 11 best night markets in Taiwan
- Taiwan itinerary 7 days — How to spend 7 days in Taiwan & what to do in Taiwan for 7 days pefectly?
- Treasure Hill Taipei blog — The guide to Treasure Hill Taipei Artist Village for first-timers
- Ximending food blog — What to eat in Ximending, Taipei?
You can walking on the very cute campus. In the middle of the school is a small lake, you can sit and relax. There also is a delicious and cheap waffle shop.
Drink Chen San Ding bubble tea and Lattea tea: See the detailed article about top 11 best bubble milk tea brands in Taipei and Taiwan here.
- Address of Eslite Bookstore and Lattea: No. 98, Section 3, Xinsheng S Rd, Da’an District, Taipei.
- Address of Chen San Ding buble milk tea: No. 2, Alley 8, Lane 316, Section 3, Roosevelt Rd, Zhongzheng District, Taipei.
Go to Raohe night market: This market is focused on selling snacks, street food very much and very delicious.
Access: MRT Songshan, Exit 5
Taiwan trip itinerary 10 days — Day 4: Yangmingshan Park and the busy shopping day
Morning + Afternoon
Yangmingshan National Park
Getting there: Take the MRT to Jiantan station (about 20 minutes from Taipei Main station), Exit 1, then heading to the bus station and take bus 260 or Red bus 5 to Yangmingshan bus station (about 40 minutes). From here, you can change to the shuttle bus 108 to Yangmingshan area.
National Palace Museum: It is a worth visit and it is worth the money. It holds more than 2/3 of the treasures of the Chinese feudal court that Chiang Kai-shek quickly moved to Taiwan after the civil war. Tickets are 250 TWD/person. HIGHTLY RECOMMENDED!
With large groups of more than 3 people, ideally you rent a private car to combine visiting the above spots in one day:
Link to book car for Yangmingshan + National Palace Museum: here.
Tamsui: Is a large port in the north of Taipei. When coming here to visit you can visit Danshui Old Street, Tamsui Fisherman’s Wharf, Fort Santo Domingo and Aletheia University (formerly Oxford College).
Link to book car for Yangmingshan+ Tamsui: Here.
You can choose between 3 places:
Dinner and walking at Yuanshan: YUANSHAN is a “park” with lots of lovely eateries and romantic relaxation. Weekend with live singing, outdoor jazz.
Getting there: MRT red line, go to Yuanshan MRT station, Exit 1.
Shopping at Zhongxiao Dunhua: The Taipei’s most bustling shopping area. See the detailed article about Zhongxiao Dunhua here.
Getting there: Take the MRT to Zhongxiao Dunhua station.
Take a walk in City Hall area: Where concentrates bars, clubs, Luxury shopping shops…
Access: Take the MRT to City Hall station, exit 2.
Taiwan itinerary 10 days — Day 5: Taipei – Hualien (TAROKO) – Taipei
First, travel by train or bus to Hualien (See the details Hualien travel guide here) then take Klook shuttle bus to Taroko National Park (about $21/person).
Because the road to Taroko is quite difficult to ride, you should book a day tour. Link book shuttle bus to Taroko here.
Rent a private car (shuttle bus) from Taipei to Hualien – Taroko:
The bus pick up at the hotel, take to Taroko to playing, sightseeing, until the afternoon to return guests at Hualien train station to move back to Hualien (or if you want to spend one night in Hualien, the bus will take you to Hualien).
Link to book the bus here.
Taiwan 10 days 9 nights itinerary — Day 6, 7, 8 : Taipei – Taichung – Taipei
Day 6: Sun Moon Lake + Cingjing Farm
In the early morning, take the high speed train (THSR) to Taichung, the travel time is about 1 hour 10 minutes.
Link book high-speed train tickets with 20% discount at Klook (valid for all routes) here.
1. From HSR Taichung Station, you can buy bus tickets to Sun Moon Lake. Then from Sun Moon Lake buy bus tickets to Cingjing Farm, but it will take a lot of time.
2. From HSR Taichung Station, take the Klook’s shuttle bus to Sun Moon Lake – Cingjing Farm and a few more attractions in Taichung (Renting time is 10 hours).
Read more: Sun Moon Lake itinerary — Exploring Sun Moon Lake & Cingjing Farm for 1 day trip.
Link to book shuttle bus (Note book 3-5 days in advance): here.
Stay overnight in Taichung. For those who want to go to Kaohsiung, you can take the HSR high-speed train to Kaohsiung, the travel time is about 30 minutes. Book train tickets with 20% discount at this link.
Day 7 + 8: Taichung – Alishan – Tainan
Visit Alishan during the day
From Taichung, you can book a day tour to visit Alishan. The shuttle bus pick up at the hotel, take you to visit Alishan, in the evening, the bus will takes you to Taichung HSR station, from here you take the HSR high speed train to Kaohsiung, it takes about 30 minutes.
Link to book tour to visit Alishan during day from Taichung here.
Link to book HSR tickets at 20% off to Kaohsiung, note that get off at Zuoying station in Kaohsiung.
Spend 1 night in Alishan
For those of you who want to see the sunrise and floating clouds in Alishan, you can stay 1 night in Alishan and then continue to visit a few more spots before going down the mountain to go to Kaohsiung.
Link to book tour to visit Alishan for 2 days: Here.
*Note: For a 2-day Alishan tour, the departure point will be at Chiayi Train Station. So if you stay in Taichung need to take the train from Taichung to Chiayi (about 1 hour).
From Chiayi, take the HSR high-speed train to Tainan (Tainan) for about 20 minutes. Also book HSR tickets at this link.
Taiwan itinerary 10 days — Day 9: Tainan
Tainan is the oldest city in Taiwan. For those who love Hoi An will become a fan of this place because this place is more mossy and unique.
From Kaohsiung take local train or HSR high-speed train to Tainan. You catch both types of trains at Zuoying station (if travel by MRT, go to R16).
At Tainan Station, you can walk to the bus station to buy sightseeing bus tickets to visit the city. Or maybe book a day tour do discover Tainan, link to book tour here. To better understand Tainan read the detailed TAINAN article here.
One day trip to explore Tainan is enough.
10 days in taiwan — Day 10: Kaohsiung + Kaohsiung Airport
See details article about Kaohsiung: Where to go, what to do, what to eat at here.
To visit the highlights places in Kaohsiung, large groups can rent a private car (shuttle bus) to travel for more convenient and save time (the cost is also very soft). The bus will drive around Kaohsiung City, Cijin Island – The Pier-2 Art Center – Sizihwan Bay – Kaohsiung Martyrs’ Shrine ‘Love’ art installation – Lotus Pond – Dragon and Tiger Pagoda – Ruifeng Night Market..
Link to book shuttle bus: Kaohsiung Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter or Private Multi-City Car Charter for Taiwan.
Link to book tour around Kaohsiung at night: Here.
You can also visit the above tourist attractions by combining MRT, Bus and Taxi but will have to spend 2-3 days because of they opposite direction each other.
Before going to the airport, on this 10th day, you can take a leisurely breakfast, drink coffee, take a walk in Kaohsiung.
Some delicious cafes in Kaohsiung
- Apartment Cafe: No. 227, Renyi St., Qianjin Dist, Kaohsiung
- EAGLE Coffee Art: No. 593 Nanping Road, Gushan Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan +886 7 553 1531
Afterwards, take the bus, MRT or the airport shuttle bus.
If you want to rent a private car (proactive schedule) to explore Taiwan, you can book here.
P/S: For all Klook services above, you need to book 5 days before the departure date to ensure availability. Happy traveling.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you looking for more Taiwan itinerary and Taiwan guide? Read more: Taiwan itinerary for 11 days and Taiwan blog — The fullest Taiwan travel guide blog for a budget trip to Taiwan for the first-timers.