Wherever I travel, I always prefer to find a local rice shop to enjoy a delicious meal. The first is to eat well, but also to know how the local family’s daily meals are like. Taipei is no exception, no matter how attractive the street snacks are, let’s have a meal at Lu Sang Yi Lan to complete the trip to Taipei.
- Must eat food in Taipei — Top 23+ best street food in Taipei & best places to eat them
- Explore Taipei Fish Market — Review seafood experience at Taiwan’s most famous fish market
- Best cafe in Taipei — 7 most beautiful themed cafes in Taipei you must-visit
- Best coffee in Taipei — Top 6 best coffee shops in Taipei you definitely must visit
- Best dessert in Taipei — Top 5 sweet cafes & best dessert restaurant in Taipei
The restaurant processes extremely diverse dishes, braised pork rice or stir-fried vegetable dishes will always be called during meals. Oyster stir-fried with oyster sauce is equally attractive, I see that diners quite favor boiled chicken and boiled pork liver, both of these dishes when served with white rice, the result is excellent, there’s nothing better. I think you should spend some time to try a family meal at Lu Sang Yi Lan, so that besides experiencing street food, we also understand more about Taiwanese culture.
Lu Sang Yi Lan
Address: No. 5-1, Ln. 59, Sec. 2, Zhongshan N. Rd., Zhongshan Dist, Taipei, Taiwan
Phone: +886 2 2522 4515
Hours: 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM ; 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Price: 110 TWD – 300 TWD ($3.56 – $9.71)
Taipei must eat restaurants: Chef Hung’s beef noodles
It would be remiss if not to mention the famous beef noodles of Taiwan. Beef stew noodles are cooked with delicious broth always satisfy the diners when having the opportunity to enjoy it. Ingredients such as young ribs, intestines and lean meat will serve as the main ingredients. But equally important is the sweet light broth and the attractive side dishes like dumplings, pickles … It’s hard to resist this delicious dish.
In Taipei, you’ll find delicious beef noodles at Chef Hung’s restaurant. The quality of the food is well appreciated by customers and receives many good feedbacks about the price. Most tourists agree that a basic meal at Chef Hung is quite full, the taste is varied and served very quickly.
Chef Hung’s restaurant
Address: No.92, Chengdu Rd., Wanhua Dist, Taipei
Hours: 11:00 AM – 9:30 PM
Price: 221 TWD – 279 TWD ($7.15 – $9.03)
Taipei must try restaurants: Shaved ice at Taro King
At first glance the list of what to eat in Taipei above, there is no dessert yet. But never mind, in a snack paradise like Taipei, it will surely has this. After eating greasy food, you should try super cool shaved ice with extremely rich topping to help you purify and stop tired of salty food. Similar to the Bingsu we usually eat but the shaved ice at Taro King has its own way of processing. Black sesame mochi or soybean pudding is only served during winter time. So if you have the opportunity to visit, remember to try these 2 dishes.
One portion of shaved ice will be enough for 2 people, note that if you eat it quickly, the ice cream with shaved ice will not melt. If you order too much, you will not eat it in time. My personal experience is call enough, when you finish your portion, continue order. Therefore, you will not afraid of wasting but worth the money.
Address: No.15-4, Yongkang St., Da’an Dist, Taipei
Phone: +886 2 2321 7649
Hours: 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Price: 45 TWD – 160 TWD ($1.46 – $5.18)
Dango steamed buns and combo meals at Rilakkuma Cha-Ya
The cuteness from the interior to the presentation of dishes has helped Rilakkuma Cha-Ya restaurant stand in the hearts of the devotees who “love the color pink and hate the deception”. This is a joke, but if you have the opportunity to try the 3-color Dango steamed bun and a standard serving here, you will understand more about Japan’s cultural influence on Taiwanese. Although the flavor is improved to suit the taste of the locals but still retains the “Japanese spirit” in each dish. It will not be hard for you to realize this.
The restaurant has both branches in Taipei and Tainan. One serving will include one main course and one dessert for one person.
Address: No. 23, Lane 20, Section 2, Zhongshan North Road, Zhongshan District
Phone: +886 2 2543 3030
Hours: 11:30 AM – 9:00 PM / 10:30 AM – 9:00 PM
Price: 491 TWD – 528 TWD ($15.89 – $17.09)
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taipei you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Sedan Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- [SALE] Taoyuan Airport MRT Ticket & Exclusive Shopping Coupon
- Luxury Taoyuan Airport Transfers (TPE) for Taipei
- Explore Taipei City
- Taipei Free Walking Tour Historic Route
- Taipei Double Decker Bus Tour
- Taipei Popular Sightseeing Private Car Charter : Jiufen, Pingxi, and North Coast (Chinese/English/Korean)
- Northeast Coast Scenic Day Tour
- Jiufen Shuttle Bus from Ximen
- Yehliu, Shifen, and Jiufen Day Tour with Korean and English Speaking Guides
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you finding more top things to do in Taipei: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Taipei travel blog — The fullest Taipei city guide for a wonderful trip to Taipei for the first-timers.