- Rainbow Village Taichung blog — How to get & how to visit the most colorful village in Taichung, Taiwan
- Best teahouse in Jiufen — 5 best Jiufen tea houses you definitely must-visit
- Lukang Taichung blog — Explore the ancient beauty of Lukang Old Street & Molu Lane in Taichung
- Taichung itinerary 1 day — What to do & how to spend one day trip to Taichung from Taipei perfectly?
- Trip to Sun Moon Lake — How to get to Sun Moon Lake from Taichung?
Speaking of Miyahara, everyone will remember the legendary pineapple cake. If you have the opportunity to visit, you should try ice cream with a variety of toppings. There are lots of different flavours for you to choose from. I would recommend their signature flavours Alisan Olong or Uganda 80% Smoked Chocolate. Gaomei Wetland Preservation Area is located near Miyahara so you may want to drop by before heading here for ice-cream and shopping.
Address: No. 20, Zhongshan Road, Central District, Taichung City, Taiwan
Opening hours: Monday – Sunday | 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Taichung must eat: Japanese Food at Dapu Teppanyaki
Dapu is a Teppanyaki restaurant chain that serves delicious food sets at reasonable prices. Teppanyaki – is a cooking method using iron or steel griddle that originates from Japan. You will have a chance to witness the impressive performance by their skilful chiefs when enjoying your delicious meal. Dapu Teppanyaki has more than 20 branches in Taichung so it will be very easy for you to find one.
You will choose the main ingredients such as beef, pork, chicken and seafood such as fish and shrimp. Your chosen main dish will be served with cabbage and other vegetables. A set of beef and 2 optional vegetables will cost 150TWD. Your food will be served hot within minutes. You don’t have to wait for long. If you think it is not enough, you can order steamed rice to go with.
Address: No.50, Section 1, Meicun Road, West District, Taichung City, Taiwan
Opening hours: Monday – Sunday | 11:30 AM – 9:30 PM
Best restaurants in Taichung: Shuijiao (dumplings) at Shandong Dumplings and Noodles
Dumplings or beef noodle is always in the list of top dishes to try when visiting Taiwan. Shandong Dumplings and Noodles restaurant is a good place to enjoy authentic Chinese dishes. Founded in 1996, the restaurant is known for its hand-rolled dumplings and noodles. It is very popular among Mainlanders and locals.
The restaurant has menus in English, so don’t worry even if you don’t know Chinese. You may not know, but chef Hu, owner of the restaurant, ever served 200-member film crew of Life of Pi. It will be hard to resist the taste of perfect textured wrappers and the sweetness of ground pork melting in your mouth. Pork dumplings will cost you 60TWD / 10 pieces which could pair well with Shandong Pancake (100TWD) or Shandong Chicken Wrap (80TWD). Cheap and delicious, don’t miss!
Address: No.96, Gongyi Road, West District, Taichung City, Taiwan
Opening hours: Monday – Sunday | 11:00AM – 8:30PM
Good restaurants in Taichung: Healthy breakfast at Ivette Cafe
If you are tired of convenient breakfasts served at your hotel, why not come to Ivette Café a healthy green breakfast. It is located on modern and upscale street of Qiqi, across The Lin Hotel
The dishes at the restaurant is carefully selected. The harmonious combination of colors and music used in the shop creates a sense of comfort and pleasantness for its customers. A cup of coffee or other drinks will cost you from 100TWD – 220TWD, other dishes and desserts from 140TWD – 490TWD.
Address: No.120, Chaofu Road, Xitun District, Taichung City, Taiwan
Opening hours: Monday – Sunday | 9:00AM – 5:30PM
Best local food in Taichung: Fresh seafood at Yuli Restaurant
There are many Japanese-food restaurants in Taichung, but Yuli will definitely satisfy your craving for fresh sashimi, sushi and other seafood. The restaurant is designed in traditional Japanese style and located right in the center area. So it won’t be difficult for you to find. There is no English menu so you might need help from the staff. But do not worry, the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Address: No.306, Jingcheng Road, West District, Taichung City, Taiwan
Opening hours: Monday – Sunday | 11:30AM – 2:00PM, 5:30PM – 10:00PM
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Taichung you can refer to
- Taoyuan Airport Private Transfers (TPE) for Taichung
- Private One Way Transfers Between Taichung and Sun Moon Lake
- Private City Transfers Between Sun Moon Lake and Taipei/Taichung
- Shared Transfers between Taichung and Cingjing
- Private One Way City Transfers Between Taichung and Cingjing
- Central Taiwan Private Sightseeing Car Charter
- Gaomei Wetland & Rainbow Military Community
- Taichung Ruins Night Walking Tour
- THSR One Way Ticket to or from Taichung
- Taiwan 4G travel sim with unlimited capacity
- Bus tickets from Taichung to Cingjing and vice versa
- Day tour to Alishan from Taichung
- Day tour to visit Cingjing Farm from Taichung
- [10% Off + 1 Extra Free Day] 4G SIM Card (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Chunghwa Telecom
- 4G SIM Card (TPE Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan from Far EasTone Telecom
- 4G WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Taiwan
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for Taiwan from WiFiBB (Unlimited Data)
- 4G LTE WiFi (TW Airport Pick Up) for Japan
- [Sale – Taiwan Food Promo] Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taipei
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Consecutive Unlimited Pass (2 or 3 Days)
- Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) Discounted Ticket from Taoyuan
- THSR Exclusive Discount One Way Ticket from Taoyuan (Two Tickets for the Price of One)
Are you looking for more top things to do in Taichung: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Taichung blog — The fullest Taichung travel guide for a wonderful budget trip to Taichung, Taiwan.