Fried Oysters at Katong Keah Kee
- Michelin Star restaurant Singapore street food — 5 cheap Singapore 1 star Michelin street food stalls you definitely must-try
- Must eat food in Singapore — Top 14 must try & most Singapore famous food to eat in Singapore
- Cheap places to eat in Singapore — Top 9 best affordable restaurants in Singapore you should not miss
- Best bubble tea Singapore — Top 10 most famous & best bubble tea brands in Singapore
- Best cheap eats Singapore — Top 7 cheap but delicious foods & best places to eat them
This dish is made from fried eggs with oysters, quite simple. The oysters are carefully selected, fresh inside and covered with a layer of crispy fried eggs outside. As I thought, this dish is very suitable for … kids because they’re soft and easy to eat, LOL. Just kidding, I love oysters so this dish is great for me.
In addition to the name Katong Keah Kee Fried Oysters, this dish is also known with 2 other nice names are “Orh Lua” or Chaozhou fried oysters.
You can try this dist at Katong Keah Kee Fried Oysters
Address: 29 Smith Street, Chinatown Singapore
Hours: Mon – Thu: 10:30AM – 10:30PM / Fri – Sat: 10:30AM – 11:30PM / Sunday: 10:30AM – 10:30PM
Price: under $10
Beef noodle at Odeon
Noodles made from rice flour, fresh beef and dark sauce are characteristic of this dish.
The shop sells beef noodles called Odeon in Chinatown, extremely crowded, every night people come and go in a flock, order food constantly, sometimes the diners are too crowded and they have to wait for their tables but everyone is happy because this dish too famous!
Address: Chinatown Food Street, 335 Smith St #12, 050335
Hours: Mon – Sun: 11:00 – 23:00
Grilled seafood at Boon Tat Street BBQ Seafood
Well, this is a space for believers who love seafood. Grilled seafood here is extremely delicious, fresh seafood is evenly grilled and served when it still hot. Grilled seafood dipping in chili sauce, and squeezed a sour piece of kumquat. Really tasty!
You just go to Chinatown and ask where is “Boon Tat Street BBQ”? The people will instruct you, the shop is very popular so anyone knows.
Address: Chinatown Food Street, 335 Smith St #1, 050335
Hours: 17:00 – 23:00
Price: $11 – $20
Roast duck soup noodles & Offal
This is must try food in Chinatown Singapore, guys! Believe me, don’t taste good, don’t travel.
Roast duck soup noodles – Pork offal is a must try couple food at any stall along the neighborhood, diners often order both to enjoy once. Soft roasted duck, smooth and crispy skin along with tight, firm noodles, you can add sauce into offal and call for more grilled dumplings to dip and eat together. Extremely delicious!
Hokkien Mee Fried Noodles at Chinatown Cheng Kee
This is a rustic dish, affordable price, so it is extremely suitable to save trip cost after spent too much money in Singapore.
Hokkien Mee Noodles are stir-fried with garlic, eggs, soy sauce, golden noodles, vermicelli, bean sprouts, shrimp and squid. The noodle dish will be dark brown when it is served, remember to squeeze lime and add more chili, because without them, this dish will be difficult to reach the peak of flavor, LOL.
One plus point is that the noodles are stewed very well in shrimp broth to get a certain taste, so the taste is extremely characteristic and attractive. But the minus point is after order you have to wait for a long time to enjoy. Oh, if you want to eat well, let’s wait!
Address: 335 Smith St, #09, Chinatown Food Street, Singapore 050335
Hours: 17:00 – 23:00
Price: under $10
Bakkwa Dried Beef at Peng Guan
Call it is a snack is also true because tourists often chew Bakkwa dry beef like we chew strawberry jam in Dalat. Popularly bought as a gift for family and friends.
Although it’s just a snack, I’m still highly recommend that you try it out because of the deliciousness of each piece of dried beef.
Address: Block 335, Smith Street @ Chinatown Complex, #02-36 (1,358.14 mi), Singapore 050335
Phone: +65 9684 8386
Hours: Hours: 8am-4pm, Tuesday-Sunday
Price: 500g for $15
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in Singapore and from Singapore you can refer to
- Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) Private Transfer
- Private City Transfers between Singapore and Johor Bahru
- Shared Changi Airport Transfers (SIN) for Singapore Hotels
- Singapore All Day Pass
- The Singapore Pass
- [Klook Exclusive] 3 Hours Singapore City Tour
- Singapore Cityscapes Tour
- [Klook Exclusive] Sentosa Island Introductory Tour in Singapore
- Singapore Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour (Open-Top)
- Sentosa FUN Pass
- Singapore City Pass (2/3 Days)
- [Klook Exclusive] Universal Studios Singapore™ 1 Day Ticket
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (Changi Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G WiFi (SG Airport Pick Up) for Singapore
- 4G Portable WiFi for Singapore from Uroaming
- 4G WiFi (SG Pick Up) for Europe
Are you finding more top things to do in Singapore: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Singapore travel blog — The fullest Singapore travel guide blog for a budget trip to Singapore for the first-timers.