5. Jonggak underground shopping mall
If you think Dongdaemun is too crowded and expensive for you, another option is Jonggak underground shopping mall near Seoul Station. Although smaller than other underground shopping malls, spend some time at Jonggak if you are staying at a nearby hotel.
- Top Seoul night market — Top 5 best night market in Seoul, South Korea
- Experience Siloam Jjimjilbang Seoul — Review one of the best Korean Jjimjilbang at Siloam Sauna, Seoul
- Seoul blog — The fullest Seoul travel guide blog for a wonderful budget trip to Seoul for the first time
- Explore Common Ground Seoul — The concept mall you should visit when traveling to Seoul
- Seoul budget trip — 4 useful tips to visit Seoul on a budget
- Transportation: Subway line number 1, Jonggak Station, located inside the station near exit 11
- Opening hours: 10:30 A.M to 10:00 P.M
- Shopping tips: 50% of the posted price
6. Yeongdeungpo underground shopping mall
Yeongdeungpo is an important transport area in downtown Seoul. From Incheon International Airport, you will pass by this place to get to Seoul, a long underground tunnel connecting two department stores that will take you an entire day just to walk around.
- Transportation: Subway line number 1, Yeongdeungpo Station
- Opening hours: 10:00 A.M to 11:00 P.M, store hours are different from one to another.
- Shopping tips: 80% of the posted price (From Incheon International Airport, you can stop by this place and it is a lot cheaper than Dongdaemun. From Gimpo Airport, you can take subway number 5 to get here).
7. Seoul Express Bus underground shopping mall
Seoul Express Bus is certainly a shopping paradise for Asian girls since there are countless stores with affordable price and convenient transportation. This has lived up to its title as the largest underground shopping district in Seoul. Besides fashionable clothes and accessories that have budget-friendly price compared to Dongdaemun and Namdaemun, you can also ask for discounts from the storeowners here.
- Transportation: Subway line number 3.7.9, Seoul Express Bus Station, at section 8-1 and 8-2
- Opening hours: 10:00 A.M to 10:00 P.M
- Shopping tips: 90% of the posted price (The street is super long. I did not purchase anything at Dongdaemun, but got 3 decent low-price deals here within 1 hour).
8. Jamsil underground shopping mall
Jamsil is located at the entertainment center of Seoul and despite not being a large-scale underground shopping mall, this place consists of over 100 stores. Besides, Lotte World and Lotte World City Shopping are right next to it so you can come to eat, shop and take a rest after a whole day long at the amusement park.
- Transportation: Subway line number 2.8, inside Jamsil Station
- Opening hours: 10:00 A.M to 8:30 P.M
- Shopping tips: ??? (I did not have a chance to shop here, only came to Lotte World and knew that Jamsil was right nextdoor).
9. Bupyeong underground shopping mall
This underground shopping mall is designed to look like a long tunnel with no ending point for you to see. Bupyeong is about 1 hour driving from Seoul, and it’s the largest underground shopping mall of Incheon City. If you have time exploring Incheon, it is definitely recommended to take a look around Bupyeong. Rumors say clothing price is much lower here compared to Seoul, so set a limit for yourself before coming here or else you will spend the last penny in your pocket!
- Transportation: Subway line number 1, inside Bupyeong Station
- Opening hours: 11:00 A.M to 10:00 P.M
- Shopping tips: 95% of the posted price (Because the price is already so low, it is hard to get another extra 5% off).
10. Best shopping places in Seoul: Kangnam underground shopping mall
This place is not so far from the Seoul Express Bus underground shopping mall, so you can head right away from Seoul Express Bus to Kangnam underground shopping mall. You will not only gain a wonderful shopping experience but also bring a lot of “trophies” home with you.
- Transportation: Subway line number 2, inside Shinbundang Station
- Opening hours: 10:00 A.M to 10:00 P.M
- Shopping tips: 90% of the posted price (Although Kangnam is an expensive area, the underground shopping district offers surprisingly lower price).
Now you must feel pressured to head straight to these places, right? Not certain which option to select for your trip?
Below, I will provide a map for all the places that I have mentioned so it is easier for you to refer.
When making a comparison, Bupyeong is the furthest from Seoul so if you are travelling to Seoul for the first time, do not add this place to your plan because it would take you a lot of time as you’re not familiar with transportation in Korea. For those who have been to Korea more than once or already travelled to Incheon, you should include Bupyeong in the schedule.
- Seoul blog — The fullest Seoul travel guide blog for a wonderful budget trip to Seoul for the first time.
- Hotels in Central Seoul — Top 6 best cheap hostels in Seoul & best cheap hotels in Seoul.
- How to getting from Gimpo & Incheon airport to Seoul?
- Explore Common Ground Seoul — The concept mall you should visit when traveling to Seoul.
- Seoul budget trip — 4 useful tips to visit Seoul on a budget.
- Visiting Bukchon Village — One of the most beautiful villages in Seoul, South Korea.
- Visiting N Seoul Tower (Namsan Tower) — A tourist icon of Seoul, South Korea.
- Seoul cherry blossom — Top 9 best places to see cherry blossoms in Seoul.
- Exploring Namdaemun Market – One of the best street food in Seoul.
- Must buy in Korea — Top 23 cheap, famous & best things to buy in Korea (South Korea).
- Jeonju blog — The fullest Jeonju travel guide blog for a wonderful trip to Jeonju Hanok Village, South Korea.
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out at here.