Traveling to Seoul, one of the best things to do is shopping!!! You can say no with the vast number of shimmering clothes or fashionable streets like Gangnam, Dongsungro, Chungjangno, Mugeo-Dong…! However, if your needs are not just for shopping but also for eating, snorkeling, and relaxing, the Common Ground Seoul is the best name!
- Best shopping in Seoul — Top 10 best shopping places in Seoul & best underground shopping Seoul
- Top Seoul night market — Top 5 best night market in Seoul, South Korea
- Experience Siloam Jjimjilbang Seoul — Review one of the best Korean Jjimjilbang at Siloam Sauna, Seoul
- Seoul blog — The fullest Seoul travel guide blog for a wonderful budget trip to Seoul for the first time
- Seoul budget trip — 4 useful tips to visit Seoul on a budget
The Common Ground is the premier pop-up container mall and is home to many young people of Seoul and from all over the world. Because it is close to Konkuk University, the place is always bustling with people coming in and out. From the far distance, the Common Ground looked extremely prominent in blue tones with blocks of a giant container.
The entire of architecture here is built from 200 containers to create a new feeling for those who visit the first time. This is also the record holder of the largest container ship architecture in the world today! (The world‘s biggest cargo container shopping mall)
Things to do in Common Ground Seoul
1. Shopping area
Unlike other concept mall types that are typically small and cramped area for trying to fit as many vendors as possible, the Common Ground has very spacious spaces, so it’s equally well organized that make shopping a real pleasure walking trip.
Entering inside, you will feel the spirit and lifestyle of young people in Korea: creative, dynamic and innovation continuously. Common Ground brand names are carefully selected both in terms of brand name and product quality so you can be assured of shopping.
Each stall, each shop is shown eye-catching, with a thematic subject and changes continuously every month.When going to buy clothes that feel like going to the exhibition so that it looks beautiful too much like the artworks. Rarely anyone goes to Common Ground, which comes out empty-handed, simply because the items here are so beautiful!
2. The area of selling souvenirs, stationery, K-pop products
If the first floor specializes in clothing, accessories, and cosmetics, the second floor is a paradise for those who love the stationery, creative toys or eye-catching technology products. Sometimes it’s just a pen, a book or a pair of socks, but what appears on the Common Ground is much different than other places.
K-pop fans should not miss the Common Ground because there are a lot of stalls selling Korean idol goods. From discs, clothes, fans, postcards, and posters … – are generally available for choosing.
3. Outdoor space – potential virtual living background
In the case of shopping, but still have a bit of time and want to play a little, you can go outside to make some photos!
Because of an “excellent” appearance so the Common Ground has become the leading virtual background of Seoul youth. Outdoor containers seem simple, but when coming to the pictures, they are so beautiful. You can wear with any style on the picture that is okay. Even people are jokingly saying that if you go to Seoul without a photo shoot with the legendary blue container, it’s zero!
4. Rooftop – food paradise
The rooftop area is home to many eateries. The bakery eateries, the coffee shop here is quite small but the food and drink are very good, hard to find a place to complain. On cool evenings, order a part of the barbecue accompanied by a glass of fruit beer, sipping food while watching the stream of people down below – so it is ok!
5. Sunset afternoon is gradually fading…
At night, when the lights are turned on, the Common Ground is much shimmering. The stalls selling food are opened gradually; everyone is happy eating and shopping. Sometimes, there are even more underground music nights, or it’s going to be an outdoor movie – bustling you can see!
It is ok? That is enough for you to feel excited and want to visit this place right now? Do not forget to prepare a lot of energy as well as “money” to be able to enjoy all the Common Ground!
Address: 200 Achasan-ro, Jayang 4(sa)-dong, Gwangjin-gu, 서울특별시 South Korea
Opening hours: Daily from 11 AM to 10PM
Type / Products: Shops/Malls / Multiple products
Inquiries: 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese). For more info: +82-2-467-2747 (10:00-19:00
How to get to Common Ground Seoul
To get to Common Ground, take the subway to Konkuk Station on Line 2 or Line 7, get out via Exit 6 and walk straight. It’s about 250 meters straight ahead and might seem like quite a walk but just keep going; you’ll get to the place fine. A bunch of tourists actually asked me for directions to Common Ground as the walk took a while and they were wondering if they were on the right track. LOL.
Plus and minus points in Common Ground
- A young and new model
- Located in an area with many young people, many eateries to go
- Beautiful space, suitable to play so deep
- Many kinds of selected products
- Discounts times are available
- Prices are higher than in other places
- Sometimes is very crowded
- Seoul blog — The fullest Seoul travel guide blog for a wonderful budget trip to Seoul for the first time.
- Seoul itinerary 5 days — How to spend 5 days in Seoul & what to do in Seoul for 5 days perfectly?
- Hotels in Central Seoul — Top 6 best cheap hostels in Seoul & best cheap hotels in Seoul.
- How to getting from Gimpo & Incheon airport to Seoul?
- Explore Common Ground Seoul — The concept mall you should visit when traveling to Seoul.
- Seoul budget trip — 4 useful tips to visit Seoul on a budget.
- Visiting Bukchon Village — One of the most beautiful villages in Seoul, South Korea.
- Visiting N Seoul Tower (Namsan Tower) — A tourist icon of Seoul, South Korea.
- Seoul cherry blossom — Top 9 best places to see cherry blossoms in Seoul.
- Exploring Namdaemun Market – One of the best street food in Seoul.
- Must buy in Korea — Top 23 cheap, famous & best things to buy in Korea (South Korea).
- Jeonju blog — The fullest Jeonju travel guide blog for a wonderful trip to Jeonju Hanok Village, South Korea.
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out at here.