10. Hweori Gamja – Tornado potato
Similar to French fries but having the shape of a “tornado”, the potato slice is much thinner and crunchier. Not only well known in Korea, this snack has even created a fever in Vietnam, popularly sold at a number of night markets. You’ll enjoy a potato twisted into spiral and thin slices, deep-fried until becoming crispy with a captivating fresh gold color. After the oil is drained, the seller will sprinkle a layer of seasoning salt on top of it in order to bring out the savory taste of potato.
- Korean must eat food — Top 14 food you must eat in South Korea
- Must eat in Busan — Top 11 best street foods in Busan you must eat
- Exploring Namdaemun Market — One of the best street food in Seoul
- What should I eat in Korea? — 15+ most popular, must eat in Korea & best food in Korea
- Best Korean snack foods — 26+ most popular, famous snacks, must buy & best snacks in Korea
11. Kopija – Pizza cone
From the first look, you’ll be reminded of an ice cream cone. With this kind of shape, it is a really convenient way to enjoy pizza on the go while still keeping the traditional delight of a handmade pizza recipe. Uniquely designed with crunchy crust and the toppings now become fillings, this is considered an interesting and creative combination of pizza and ice cream.
Since pizza cone can fulfill the demand of a busy lifestyle, a lot of people truly enjoy this snack. The fillings are as diverse as normal pizza toppings you normally see and with an affordable price, don’t hesitate to try this new and fun experience of eating pizza.
12. Boong-uh-ppang – Gold fish pastry
Boong-uh-ppang – a type of pastry which has a shape of a golden fish stuffed with red bean paste is one of the most noteworthy street food treat of Koreans and mostly preferred during the cold winter. Today, along with the traditional pastry, there is another modern variation that has ice cream filling.
13. Korean fish-shaped ice cream waffle
This treat is really similar to ice cream cone, but the cone has a creative shape of a fish instead of the usual shape. The cone is good-looking and tasty with multiple ice cream flavors and numerous toppings for selection, hence becoming a favorite type of street food for Korean teenagers.
14. Potato hot dog
Two most popular snacks – hot dog and French fries – are now combined into one, making fast food addicts unable to reject this lickerish and convenient snack.
15. Gyeran-ppang – Egg bread
Gyeran-ppang or egg bread is a popular dish consumed for breakfast in Korea. In the freezing weather of the winter, there is nothing better than the scent and warmness radiating from a delicious piece of egg bread. Originally, egg is the only ingredient, but later people also add cheese, ham and a couple of other ingredients to enliven the taste.
16. Gimbap – Seaweed rice rolls
Gimbap is an indispensable dish when talking about Korean cuisine. The rolls are served as snacks or lunch. The main ingredients are rice and seaweed, and the filling is a combination of cheese, tuna, beef, radish, kimchi, ham, sausage or egg depending on your preference.
Besides, a similar dish to gimbap and in a smaller size is mayak, which is cut into long pieces and eaten with sauces.
17. Grilled sweet potato
Seoul’s winter is no longer special without the delightful scent of grilled sweet potato and roasted chestnut around the corner of the street.
18. Mandu – Dumpling
Mandu is a Korean dumpling similar to Japanese gyoza. When being grilled or deep-fried, it is called gunmandu. Mandu is usually served with a dipping sauce made of soya sauce and vinegar.
Mandu’s filling is a mixture of meat and a variety of vegetables. There are several variations of mandu and all of them are delicious and appetizing such as steamed, boiled and fried mandu. Today, the weather is cool so let’s make fried mandu!
You can use any of your favorite types of meat to make mandu (or maybe you don’t even need meat). Although pork is traditional, you can mix pork and beef or pork and shrimp together.
19. Dakgangjeong – Sweet crispy popcorn chicken
Popcorn chicken is commonly preferred by a lot of people in Korea. This is a simple dish with carefully seasoned and deep-fried boneless chicken with a coating of batter and delish creamy honey sauce. The chicken is kept in paper cups that have not only appealing look but also affordable price.
20. Korean ice cream
Despite the cold weather here, ice cream is everyone’s favorite treat, especially the youth. If you have an opportunity to walk by the famous Myeongdong Market of Korea, don’t forget to try the special 32 cm long ice cream.
21. Sundae – Korean blood sausage
Though sundae is a rustic dish, it has a major contribution to street food culture of Korea that you can’t overlook when coming here. In spite of the eye-catching look similar to Vietnamese pork sausage, sundae is typically made of pig’s intestine stuffed with dangmyeon, barley, pork blood, perilla leaves, scallion, doenjang, sticky rice, kimchi and fermented soybean paste. Such a flavorful dish!
22. Vegetable twigim
You don’t need to waste your time searching for this dish because it is available at almost every street food place. All kinds of vegetables even including chili and squid are fried, namely “twigim”, and served with soya sauce.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.