5. Sapi Island
Being 20 minutes away from Kota Kinabalu by boat, Sapi Island is an ideal destination for relaxing on the white sandy beaches with blue waters or scuba diving. Especially, on the island there is Sea Walking service, which is quite interesting. You will wear a special hat, set foot on the bottom of the sea about 5 meters deep, walk and touch swimming fishes.
- Best areas to stay in Penang — Top 5 best places to stay in Penang for the first-timers
- Perhentian Islands travel guide — The ultimate guide & suggested how to spend 3 days in Perhentian Islands for first-timers
- Langkawi itinerary 3 days — What to do in Langkawi for 3 days & How to spend 3 days 2 nights in Langkawi?
- Penang trip blog — The super Penang travel guide for a Penang budget trip for the first-timers
- Top beaches in Koh Samui — Top 10 most beautiful & best beaches in Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Sapi Island is only about 20 minutes by boat from Kota Kinabalu.
6. Teluk Air Tawar
Located on the western side of Pulau Tenggol Island, Teluk Air Tawar is a beautiful tropical paradise, possessing fine white sand and spectacular blue waters. Unlike the nearby “commercialized” islands like Redang and Lang Tengah, Teluk Air Tawar is a “hidden jewel”, extremely suitable for snorkelling lovers in a quiet, private ambience.
Teluk Air Tawar is a tourist destination which has not been well-known yet.
7. Perhentian Kecil Island
Perkentian Kecil Island, which is located in Terengganu, is named one of the 100 best beaches in the world by CNN. The island not only possesses a rare beauty but also has a myriad of cheap accommodation, which is well suitable to backpackers.
Perkentian Kecil Island has been named one of the 100 best beaches in the world by CNN.
8. Layang – Layang Island
Layang Layang means a kite, which is a place for diving in Malaysia, which is just behind Sipadan island. This coral island, located 300km northwest of Kota Kinabalu, surrounded by pristine sea waters, and abundant marine life, Layang – Layang has also been ranked as one of the top 10 diving sites in the globe. The only way to get to Layang Island is to fly directly from Kota Kinabalu.
Layang – Layang has been ranked as one of the top 10 diving spots in the world.
9. Tanjung Rhu
TanJung Rhu Beach, 22 km north of Kuah, is one of the most beautiful beaches in Langkawi. TanJung Rhu owns an idyllic beauty and a peaceful atmosphere, surrounded by ancient limestone caves, wavy trails and dense mangroves. Similar to Plastic Perkentian Kecil Island, TanJung has been rated one of the 100 best beaches in the world by CNN.
TanJung Rhu is one of the most beautiful beaches in Langkawi.
10. Aur Island
Situated off the east coast of Johor, Aur Island is a popular destination for snorkelers thanks to its quiet waters and diverse marine life. Although it takes about 4½ hours to sail from Mersing Jetty to the island, Aur is definitely an exciting destination for travelers who look for a quiet space at an affordable price.
Aur is a popular destination for snorkelling enthusiasts.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to from Kuala Lumpur you can refer to
- Private Airport Transfers (KLIA/KLIA2) for Kuala Lumpur
- Shared Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Transfers for Kuala Lumpur
- Premium Private Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Transfers
- Private Transfer between Genting Highlands and Kuala Lumpur Airport (KLIA/KLIA2)
- Shared Bus Transfers between Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 and KL Sentral by AeroBus
- Kuala Lumpur Half Day City Tour
- KL Pass in Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur City Full Day Tour
- Kuala Lumpur Suburbs and Batu Caves
- Kuala Lumpur Food Experience
- KL Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus Pass (24/48 Hours)
- Genting Highlands Day Trip
- KL TravelPass (Metro Card) in Kuala Lumpur
- [SALE] 4G Prepaid SIM Card (MY Airports Pick Up) for Malaysia
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for Malaysia
Are you looking for more Kuala Lumpur travel guide and top things to do in Kuala Lumpur: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Kuala Lumpur blog (KL blog) — The fullest guide for a budget trip to Kuala Lumpur And Kuala Lumpur 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Kuala Lumpur?