The village is not located near the road so you have to go through a pathway, then go a little further to reach the village gate. Just once being here, you will know why the village is considered as in fairy tale because the entrance is surrounded by poetic and very lovely pine trees and flowers. At the beginning of the village gate, some people sold super big and super delicious apple and mushrooms with a little expensive price of 5 USD/an apple and about 14-18 USD/a pocket of mushrooms.
- Tokyo travel guide blog — The fullest Tokyo guide blog for a perfect budget trip to Tokyo for first-timers
- How to get around Tokyo? — 3 best way to get around Tokyo & cheapest way to get around Tokyo
- Kamakura Enoshima day trip itinerary — Suggested Kamakura Enoshima one day trip from Tokyo
- What to eat in Tokyo Japan? — Top 8 Tokyo must try food, best food to eat in Tokyo & best places to eat in Tokyo
- Tokyo one day tour — 5 best one day tour from Tokyo & day tour in Tokyo itinerary you should make
In particular, besides the preserved architecture of the old houses, there are also 8 lakes with its very special structure of the lava layers formed during the process of geological tectonics over 80 years and maintained due to the water from melting snow on Mount Fuji. The depth of the lake is 8m, but the water is very clear, you can look through to the bottom. The lake also contains a lot of colorful fish which attracts your eyes. The water in the lakes is very precious and considered as ‘holy water’. When coming to the village gate, you should not go through eagerly, remember to come over the Fuji-shaped channel, soaking your hands in a minute and then enter the village. We do not know why, but it may be a kind of custom or belief in Japan. Water is cool and traveling in summer will be probably more interesting than in winter.
The shopping mall – Gotemba Premium Outlet
On the way to come back, we had come to the Gotemba Premium Outlet shopping mall. This area is quite big and designed in Western style. Once you enter the mall, you will see a useful map of the mall. There are many brands both familiar and strange ones. Their prices are also acceptable, especially the cheap and quality shoes items.
The last photo of Fuji Mountain is taken at night. The view of Mount Fuji here seems to be very gentle and peaceful, not serious and majestic as other views.
It is quite a hurry and quite troublesome for a day to visit the above spots by public transport for those who first traveling by public transport in Japan, so if you do not have friends or private car, the most easy and convenient way to explore all the attractive places above is book Klook’s 10-hour car rental to pick up and drop off in Tokyo.
And if you just want to see Mount Fuji but do not want to get on and get off 5 places above, you can visit the places around the mountain as well as interesting: Lake Kawaguchi – Oshino Hakkai ancient village – Narusawa ice cave. Book the Klook’s 10-hour car rental is you can visit all these spots.
Find out more attractions and things to do in Mount Fuji: Tours, activities and others? Let’s check it out at here.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Tokyo you can refer to
- Private Narita International Airport Transfers (NRT) for Tokyo 23 Wards, Hakone, or Karuizawa
- Private Haneda International Airport Transfers (HND) for Tokyo 23 Wards, Hakone, or Karuizawa
- Airport Limousine Bus Transfers from/to Narita and Haneda International Airport (Free Wifi Onboard)
- Tokyo Amazing Sightseeing Bus Day Tour
- Tokyo Highlights Private Day Tour
- Nikko Day Tour from Tokyo
- Mt Fuji & Hakone Day Tour: Lake Ashi & Ropeway Day Trip from Tokyo
- Nikko Cultural Day Tour from Tokyo
- Tokyo Subway Ticket (24, 48, or 72 Hours)
- Tokyo Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket
- Shuttle Bus Transfers (One Way/Round Trip) from Shinjuku/Ikebukuro to Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea
- Sky Hop-on and Hop-off Bus Pass
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (JP Airports Pick Up) for Japan
- 4G WiFi (Japan Pick Up) for Japan
- JR Pass for Whole Japan (7, 14, or 21 Days)
Are you finding more top things to do in Japan: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.