The theme and amusement parks in Hong Kong include the best and largest places of the region. There are 2 main parks that get the most attention from the visitors. They are Mickey Mouse and his friends at Disneyland Hong Kong on Lantau Island. The rest is Ocean Park with more Chinese inspiration located on the south coast of Hong Kong Island. There are also smaller theme parks with carnival style, the water parks and a few options related to water in Macau for you. Let’s check out and explore the best theme park in Hong Kong & best amusement parks in Hong Kong from Hong Kong water park slide to Hong Kong amusement park roller coaster with Living Nomads below.
- What to do in Soho Hong Kong? — 10+ must & best things to do in Soho, Hong Kong
- Must buy in Hong Kong — 15+ what souvenirs to buy in Hong Kong & best things to buy in Hong Kong
- Top things to do in Kowloon — 12+ must & best things to do in Kowloon, Hong Kong
- What to buy in Hong Kong? — Top 14+ famous, cool, cheap & best things to buy in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong best eats — 10+ top, must-eat & best street food in Hong Kong
Ocean Park is Asia’s largest theme and amusement park with more thrilling games than any other place in Hong Kong. Since its inception in 1977, Ocean Park has become one of Hong Kong’s greatest theme parks.
Most especially, the most recent refurbishment was in early 2014 with 30 games added to the list of already-extreme-and-varied games. The best game you have to try here is Hair Raiser. Let’s drop yourself by the swings and roll around, you will understand why this game is called the “hairpin”.
Along with the roller coaster tracks, the animal lovers will love the interactive zones with animals, aquariums and some amazing live shows. There is the atmosphere of the countryside, with the outdoor games, a swing and many other thrilling games that will make you regret for chewing gum cotton candy.
Address : Ocean Park, Aberdeen, Hong Kong
Opening hours: 10:30 am to 7 pm depending on the season
Price: HK $480 for adults, HK $240 for children
How to get here: You can go by bus. There is a special service (No. 629) that runs every day from the Admiralty MTR station and Central Pier to the park gate. There is also a car park outside the main entrance.
Grand Resort Deck at Galaxy Macau
As the only water park in Hong Kong, the Grand Resort Deck is one of Hong Kong’s greatest theme parks, with the system of many waterfalls and slopes, a special place for the children and a artificial lake in the world’s largest rooftop.
Surrounded by the Ritz-Carlton Macau and the JW Marriott Macau, this is a relatively new and exciting addition to Hong Kong’s entertainment. Not to mention one of the greatest places available. After being refurbished by the end of 2015, the current Grand Resort Deck is much more impressive. Whether you want to splash water in a lake or wave in a lazy river, or go for a swim.
Grand Resort Deck at Galaxy Macau
Address: Galaxy Macau, Broadway Macau, Cotai, Macau.
Opening Hours: 8 am to 8 pm
Price: Free access when you book your stay at Galaxy Hotel
Macau Fisherman’s Wharf
Take Hong Kong an hour by boat, you will find Fisherman’s Wharf. A place to relax and stroll in the heart of Macau. It is a little too talkative to call it one of Hong Kong’s greatest theme parks, but just come here to find fun places to get all the family members.
Designed like a building in ancient Rome, there are many things to enjoy here. In addition, there are both tram cars as well as places to shop and eat. Although Fisherman’s Wharf does not win any prizes for its games and attractions, it is free to go and it is also in the center.
Macau Fisherman’s Wharf
Address: Macau Fisherman’s Wharf, Macau, China
Opening Hours: 9 am to 10 pm
Price: Entrance free
Snoopy’s World Hong Kong is an amusement park located on the rooftop of New Town Plaza Mall in Sha Tin (New Territories). Covering all six “quarters” are some games and gliders as well as some of the major attractions aimed at children, from toddlers to 10-year-olds. This place is one of Hong Kong’s best amusement parks not only because of its size but also because of the quality of service the park brings.
These are known as the Dog House Entry, School Plaza: Peanuts Academy, Boating Canal: Canal Ride, Snoopy Playground, Mini Town and Snoopy Wedding House. While Snoopy’s World is unmatched by Disneyland, it is still a pleasant place to be and a way to have children entertain in the afternoon. Especially if you are intending to shop a bit at New Town Plaza Mall. And another wonderful point is that it is free for you.
Address: New Town Plaza Shopping Mall, Sha Tin, New Territories
Opening Hours: 10am to 8 pm daily (some games are only open from 12 am at noon)
Price: Entrance free
Disneyland Hong Kong is the theme park which have the first trademark of the world and is Hong Kong’s best theme park. So you can expect the style of this place as well as the smallest detail will never be overlooked here. Almost all games at Disney Land are designed for young people, from toddlers to teenagers.
Babies will love the appearance and “care” of the Disney Mouse House character. With that, there are miraculous experiences and surprising things. Along with that, there is a unique and immersive experience for adults. It could be a visit to Tomorrowland. Where you conquer the speediest on the roller coaster with the Space Mountain and Orbitron.
At Disneyland Hong Kong, all your favorite characters will become alive and flexible the most. And it will certainly be an unforgettable memory for anyone if you admire a whole parade of Disney along with the spectacular fireworks show.
Hong Kong Disneyland
Address: Disneyland Hong Kong is located on Lantau Island, about 20 minutes from Hong Kong International Airport
Opening Hours: 10 am to 7 pm
Price: HK $ 499 for adults, HK $ 355 for children
How to get here: 30 minutes by Mass Transit Railway (MTR) from Central, Hong Kong
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Hong Kong you can refer to
- Private MPV Hong Kong International Airport Transfers (HKG) for Hong Kong (Group of 6)
- Shared Coach Transfers from HKG Airport to Hong Kong Hotels
- Private Hong Kong International Airport Tesla Transfers (HKG) for Hong Kong (Group of 3)
- Shared Shuttle Bus Transfers between Hong Kong International Airport and Hong Kong Island & Kowloon
- [Buy 2 Get 1] Outlet Shopping and Sightseeing Day Tour
- Macau Sightseeing Day Tour (Hong Kong/Macau Departure)
- iVenture Hong Kong and Macau Attractions Pass
- Hong Kong Big Bus Unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tours
- Hong Kong Disneyland Park 1-Day Ticket and Meal Coupon Combo
- Hong Kong Airport Express & 72-hour Unlimited MTR Travel Pass
- MTR Tourist Day Pass
- [SALE] Peak Tram Fast-Track Combo
- Hong Kong TramOramic Tour
- [QR Code Direct Entry] Peak Tram Sky Pass (Peak Tram + Sky Terrace 428)
- Hong Kong Octopus Card (HK Airport Pick Up)
- 3G/4G Prepaid SIM Card (HK Airports Pick Up) for Hong Kong
- [Unlimited Data for 5 Days] 4G SIM Card for Hong Kong from YSIM(HK Airport Pick Up)
- [Unlimited Data] 4G Portable WiFi for Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau from Uroaming
- [Unlimited Data] 4G WiFi for Hong Kong/Macau/Mainland China from Song WiFi (HK Airport 24 Hours Pick Up)
Are you looking for more Hong Kong travel guide and top things to do in Hong Kong: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Hong Kong unique experiences — Top 10 unusual places & unique things to do in Hong Kong and Hong Kong itinerary 3 days — The fullest guide for what to do in Hong Kong for 3 days and Hong Kong 1 day itinerary — How to spend 24 hours in Hong Kong & What to do in Hong Kong in a day perfectly?