Looking at the lovely eyes, the round eyes of owls can easily melt your heart. If you are a fan of owls, or simply you are a person who loves owls, this is where you must go. It is called the “Owl Shrine”.
- Otaru sushi — Top 4 best sushi restaurants in Otaru, Japan
- Visiting Kosoan tea house — The traditional tea room in Tokyo
- Top ramen in Tokyo — Top 6 best ramen restaurants in Tokyo
- What to eat in Tokyo Japan? — Top 8 Tokyo must try food, best food to eat in Tokyo & best places to eat in Tokyo
- Harajuku cafe review — 5 unique themed coffee shops & best cafes in Harajuku you definitely must visit
Owl Shrine is an owl café, unlike other owls cafés, It’s famous because you can interact with owls. Typically, the owls café will let you order drinks and cuddle them, but here you can cuddle them, feed them, keep them in your arms, let them fly, hug them, or even let them sleeping on the lap. How wonderful! So if you want to see them and cuddle them like other owls cafes, you can choose plan A for 500 yen and go right away without reservation. If you choose Plan B with 1500 yen and do all of the wonderful things above, you must make a reservation, at here.
Owl Shrine is located in Asakisa and just 2 minutes from Sensoji (Asakusa Kannon Temple). So you can come here easily after visiting the temple. At the outside of Owl Shrine; You can see a white owl was waiting for you! Go to the counter and tell them what plan you will choose, order a drink, listen to some instructions and definitely disinfect your hands with alcohol, now you can start. Do not forget that Plan B has a time limit of 30 minutes!
First, you can choose on the first floor, in fact there are more animals than owls like snakes, lizards and birds. You can hold a snake if you want. It’s not as scary as I imagined.
After getting the drink, you go to the 4th floor, where most of owls are here. The space here is not too wide but certainly comfortable. Furniture and lighting are specially designed to make owls look their best and you can take some lovely photos with owls. The theme is the temple, just like the name of this owl cafe. It makes people feel serene and calm.
This is inside of the Owl Shrine. Unlike other owls cafes, owls here are not necessarily in the right positions. Since they were flying more freely, their owls looked more comfortable. The staff of the Owl Shrine told me they wanted to build a place where people could get rid of stress, so they wanted to have no limit to the to both of people and owl here.
There are many types of owls, but they all come from Belgium. They also have their own names, Oni-chan is my favorite owl! It is very small and cute, I can keep it in my hand. When touched, it is extremely soft and comfortable. It is really the contact that can make you relax. As I mentioned, you not only cuddle but also can catch them, let them fly or let it sleep on your hands like the picture below! It is definitely a great experience, so be sure to visit this place!
Owl Shrine Tokyo
Address: Japan, 〒111-0032 Tokyo, Taito, Asakusa, ３ 丁目1−1
Hours: Winter Hours (NOV- MAR)
Sun〜Thu-10:00〜20:30 (Last Order 19:30)
Fri・Sat ・Day before holiday- 10:00〜22:00 （Last Order 21:00）
Normal Hours (MAR- OCT): 10:00〜22:00 （Last Order 21:00）
Phone: +81 70-3143-8088
Price: Plan A: 500 yen; Plan B: 1500 yen
Access: 2-minute walk from Senso-ji Temple
Closest Station: Please use “Asakusa Station” of Ginza Line or Toei Asakusa Line.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in, to and from Tokyo you can refer to
- Private Narita International Airport Transfers (NRT) for Tokyo 23 Wards, Hakone, or Karuizawa
- Private Haneda International Airport Transfers (HND) for Tokyo 23 Wards, Hakone, or Karuizawa
- Airport Limousine Bus Transfers from/to Narita and Haneda International Airport (Free Wifi Onboard)
- Tokyo Amazing Sightseeing Bus Day Tour
- Tokyo Highlights Private Day Tour
- Nikko Day Tour from Tokyo
- Mt Fuji & Hakone Day Tour: Lake Ashi & Ropeway Day Trip from Tokyo
- Nikko Cultural Day Tour from Tokyo
- Tokyo Subway Ticket (24, 48, or 72 Hours)
- Tokyo Skyliner and Tokyo Subway Ticket
- Shuttle Bus Transfers (One Way/Round Trip) from Shinjuku/Ikebukuro to Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea
- Sky Hop-on and Hop-off Bus Pass
- 4G Prepaid Sim Card (JP Airports Pick Up) for Japan
- 4G WiFi (Japan Pick Up) for Japan
- JR Pass for Whole Japan (7, 14, or 21 Days)
Are you looking for more Tokyo travel guide and top things to do in Tokyo: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Read more: Tokyo travel blog — The fullest Tokyo city guide for a budget trip for the first time visiting Tokyo, Japan.