Korea, which is boldly oriental, is close to two major cultures Japan and China. This beautiful country is now becoming the destination of many tourists. The beautiful scenery and nature are carefully guarded. The delicious food, good service and more especially the friendly and hospitable people of this beautiful kimchi are the attractions of Korea. “Korean beauty shine” is the affirmation of many people travels in this country. From the game park, Jeju Island and mud festival to the bamboo forest, Korea has countless fascinating experiences for you to explore. Let’s discover top famous places, fun, cool & top things to do in South Korea to enjoy the joy and beauty of Korea with Living Nomads below.
- Must buy in Korea — Top 23 cheap, famous & best things to buy in Korea (South Korea)
- Taiwan itinerary 6 days — The itinerary of a trip to Taipei – Hualien – Kaohsiung for 6 days 5 nights
- South Korea itinerary 10 days — How to spend 10 days in South Korea perfectly?
- Busan 2 day itinerary — How to spend 2 days in Busan, South Korea?
- South Korea spring trip blog — A fantastic spring journey in South Korea
1. Seoul palace tour
The Korean capital is a city of palaces with five ancient royal relics. Gyeongbokgung is the largest palace. The name of this Palace means the Palace with the bless of the gold. Gyeongbokgung is a complex place which is easy to make the visitors think of the image of the Chinese Forbidden City but smaller and quiet. The four Changdeokgung, Changgyeonggun, Deoksugung and Gyeonhuigung palaces are enough to satisfy your voyage and explore your history.
2. Going shopping in Namdaemun and Dongdaemun Market
Instead of joining the crowd of modern shopping malls, you will definitely want to experience a memorable experience in traditional Seoul’s famous bazaars like Namdaemun and Dongdaemun Markets. Both of them are home to a wealth of souvenirs, jewelry, shopping centers and street food. Previously, Namdaemun was a day market, while Dongdaemun was a night market. But recently, two markets have more flexible schedules.
3. Boryeong Mud Festival
Mud Festival has become a prominent event for foreigners living and working in Korea. If you are young, you should not ignore the July event. It was a lively and wild party combining with beer, beautiful beach, therapeutic mud and the crowd searching for fun hours to enjoy the festival. The festival also organizes children’s entertainment areas and markets
4. Jinhae cherry blossom festival
Each year in the spring, Jinhae (Changwon city) celebrates the cherry blossom festival, attracting a large number of tourists who love cherry blossoms.
Namsan Tower, one of the best places in Seoul to see the whole city. Seoul Tower attracts the visitors to visit, have fun with restaurants, shops, and museums. Another highlight at the foot of the tower is the Love Locks area, which hangs thousands of keys that symbolize love. Whether you want to manually lock a lock to leave this place or not, you should also visit to capture some special memories.
6. Visiting DMZ
You are not considered to come to Korea unless you visit the DMZ border area that divides South Korea and Korea. The well-guarded border is often the focus of the world. A trip to this tense security zone is undoubtedly an unforgettable experience in life. You should choose a tour that allows you to visit the famous Green Room in the Common Security Area (JSA). The Green Room is home to diplomatic meetings and talks, where both Korean and Korean soldiers are present. Set foot in the Green Room, you can think of being in Korea and Korea at the same time. Each year, the JSA receives about 100,000 visitors.
7. Lotte World and Everland
Two huge amusement parks are wonderful places for you to visit in Seoul. Whether you choose Lotte World which is the world’s largest indoor amusement park or Everland, where intense outdoor activities are concentrated, you’ll find fun for both children and adults. Lotte World is a complex with parks, shopping centers, luxury hotels, museums and entertainment venues. Meanwhile, Everland is in Disney color, about 30 to 60 minutes drive from Seoul. If you are passionate about strong feelings, you should try T-Express – the world’s fourth fastest roller coaster, and rank top 10 in speed.
8. Discovering a unique Seoul
The capital of Korea is not only the palace and the park, but it also has countless new things to spend your time such as the Racoon Cafe, where you can have a coffee and play with the cute bear. You can also visit the Owl Museum, where you can watch the art of the subject from the owl. The Seoul Trick Eye Museum can be a fun option to spend a rainy afternoon recording funny pictures with friends.
9. Playing with Gangnam Style
After the fever of Gangnam Style (Psy), the Gangnam area became the new tourist attraction of Korea.
10. Jinju Lantern Festival
Every October, Jinju (Gyeongnam Province) turns into a city of light as thousands of lanterns float along the Namgan River. The largest lantern festival in Korea is considered an occasion to commemorate those killed in the Korean War – Japan before.
11. Korean sauna
Jjimjilbang is a great cultural experience worth a try in Korea, especially if you are with friends and family. The public sauna has a male and female section, 24-hour room service, sauna, lockers, public baths, bedrooms, and even some other recreational activities.
12. Watching a K-pop concert
Kpop is a prominent feature that can not be ignored when referring to Korean culture. Korean pop music is a mix of market music, fashion, sexy visuals, adorable, and a little R & B. Although you do not love, you should try once to witness the scene, feeling spectacular there. The dance routines, screams of fans and catchy tunes will bring an unforgettable evening.
13. Loveland Museum
Loveland on Jeju Island is one of the surreal and quirky attractions in Korea. There, you can enjoy from the garden the statues which are sexual organs and sexual behaviors, to the detailed discoveries of the intimate life of Koreans.
14. Tasting fresh seafood at Jagalchi Fish Market
The largest seafood market in the country is Jagalchi in Busan, where you must surely visit if seafood is your favorite. How fresh fish here? You can pick fish from any stall, and watch the seller cook it right before your eyes.
15. Eating Bibimbap in Jeonju
Bibimbap rice is on the list of outstanding dishes from Korea, combining vegetables, fried eggs, and Gochungjang sauce. You can easily find a bibimbap shop anywhere in Korea. Even in the hometown of the food, Jeonju, people also celebrate the bibimbap festival
16. Drinking soju, eating Twigim and singing Noraebang
It seems that anyone in Korea knows how to turn a normal evening into joy with friends. The recipe sometimes is simply eating, drinking, and singing Noraebang (karaoke singing in Korean) until hoarse voice. Having taste like light vodka, soju is very suitable to combine with many dishes, like the pot with Twigim (fried flour), Tteokbokki (spicy rice cake).
17. Visiting Jeju Island
Certainly the most popular tourist destination after Seoul, Jeju is also known as Hawaii of Korea. Jeju conquers the visitor’s heart due to its beautiful scenery, from the Hallasan shield volcano, Manjanggul cave and Sangumburi volcanic crater to impressive beaches and waterfalls.
18. Bulguksa Temple
Bulguksa Temple is a World Heritage Site which is considered one of Korea’s most important historical sites. The ancient temple preserved much national security such as Dabotap tower, Seokgatap tower and gilded bronze Buddha statue
19. Hanok Village (Jeonju)
You should come here if you want to retreat into the past to look at a Korean before the modern technology and factory. The village has more than 800 houses built in traditional Hanok style.
20. Damyang Bamboo Forest (Jeollanamdo Province)
You will get lost in the world of tranquility, surrounded by the cool blue of the bamboo forest. Besides, you also have the opportunity to visit some of the traditional Hanok architecture here.
Some best day tours, trips, activities and transfer services, tickets in and from Seoul you can refer to
- Private Incheon International Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Private Incheon Airport Transfers (ICN) for Seoul
- Incheon International Airport (ICN) Limousine Bus Transfers for Seoul (Gangnam District)
- Klook Exclusive Seoul 5 Day Pass
- Discover Seoul Pass (BTS Edition Available)
- [SALE] Instant Ticket! Korea Rail Pass (KR PASS) 2/3/4/5 Days to travel around the cities in Korea
- Private Incheon Airport (ICN) and Gimpo Airport (GMP) Transfers for Seoul by S.A Tour
- Everland Private Car Charter with Admission Ticket by Wondertrip
- KAL Limousine Bus Ticket for Seoul
- [Limited Offer] AREX Incheon Airport Express Train One Way Ticket in Seoul
- Bukchon Oneday Hanbok Rental Experience (4/24 Hrs)
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm, and Gangchon Rail Bike Day Tour from Seoul
- Seoul City Sightseeing Bus (Downtown Palace Namsan Course/Seoul Panorama Course)
- [Limited Offer] Incheon International Airport (ICN) Luggage Services (Between Airport and Hotel) by Safex
- 4G Prepaid SIM Card (SK Airports Pick Up) for South Korea
- [Sale] Hanbok Experience (Hanboknam Gyeongbokgung Store) with Korean Hairstyling
- [SALE] South Korea 4G Pocket WiFi (KR Airports Pick Up) from KT Olleh
- 4G WiFi (MY Airport Pick Up) for South Korea (Unlimited Data)
- 4G Portable WiFi for South Korea from Uroaming (Unlimited Data)
Are you finding more top things to do in Seoul: Tours, activities, attractions and other things? Let’s check it out here.